LINUS get a GPU shelf in your new office

If you will have so much more space get a shelf with GPUs properly sorted and safely stored.

Like jayzetwocents but a little more legit then just lining them up on a shelf.

Get compartments for the GPUs. Create a close to natural, air continued habitat for them that Greenpeace would approve......... Wait WHAT?

Anyway, Linus can ignore this or us this little hint when outfitting all the empty space in the new office he still has.

Who of you guys has similar ideas on what he could/definitely should put in his new office?

@LinusTech  

1. Line up every gpu you keep in stock on a rack mining rig style.

2. Connect everyone of those GPUs using USB PCIE  3.0 x16 risers.

3.bench under it without ever having to change a gpu on the mobo again.

4.Get rich.

Ok maybe not fourth step but definatelly 1, 2 and 3.

On the stairs. English isn't my native language. I'm sorry if this has been inconvenient for you.

Doesn't matter :D I was only making a joke

Oh I got it! decoration!! LINE THE WALLS WITH GRAPHICS CARDS BABY!

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

"Benchmark Time!"

heheh..

"TO THE BENCHCAVE!"

<3

In a world.. Filled with graphics processors and fanboys..

One man must clear things up..

That man is.. BENCHMAN!

Qn4t0Cx.gif

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Better idea:

You know those ball pits that they have for children to play in?

One of these

ball_pit.jpg

Build that, but with the walls made of power supplies and motherboards. Then fill it with graphics cards, and ram modules.

Then host the WAN show in it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Better idea:

One of these

ball_pit.jpg

Build that, but with the walls made of power supplies and motherboards. Then fill it with graphics cards, and ram modules.

M7RYRBm.gif

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

Better idea:

One of these

ball_pit.jpg

Watch out when you give me inspiration.

I've got a creative brain part that does not feature sanity.

IVXTW6t.jpg

Basic guide to CPU's!

Watch out when you give me inspiration.

I've got a creative brain part that does not feature sanity.

-snip 

HAH. Did not see that coming.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I just addressed this to Linus since it is LINUS media group but if you say so I want to be leave you. But do you have any actual validation that this SHELF is already existing somewhere in the office. Can I you e g post a LTT vid where it is shown.

If you just meant that Luke should get it instead of Linus, your right. Linus has shown again in his 36core machine that you shouldn't hand him anything you would mind breaking xD

You know, you do have to wonder about this ziptie fetish that Linus has. They seem to be his answer for everything.

As a Scout did he use zipties instead of the approved Scouting all-purpose fastener, binders twine?

Does he use zipties as keyrings? Shoelaces? Belts?

When he traded vows at the altar with his bride, did he slip a ziptie around her ring finger and tell her that would do until the jeweller shipment came in?

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

SNIP

Over 9000 lols were had.

post-189712-0-23008900-1432779885_thumb.

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

They have so many GPUs they can afford to make a shelf out of GPUs :D

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

That would look pretty awesome

Hopefully Linus and Slick have seen this thread and like what the see.

The should do a video of Slick dressed as BenchMan, Benching cards while doing bench presses.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

This is illogical. GPU bucket looks better.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Bro how much can you even benchmark? My best was 980

My best was 420 :D

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

They already have a GPU shelf in luke's room.

https://youtu.be/_EMhR6cUN8Y?t=17m45s

Fair enough

Wait?!

BUT THE DON'T USE IT DAMNIT !! xD

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system