LINUS get a GPU shelf in your new office

If you will have so much more space get a shelf with GPUs properly sorted and safely stored.
Like jayzetwocents but a little more legit then just lining them up on a shelf.
Get compartments for the GPUs. Create a close to natural, air continued habitat for them that Greenpeace would approve......... Wait WHAT?

Anyway, Linus can ignore this or us this little hint when outfitting all the empty space in the new office he still has.

Who of you guys has similar ideas on what he could/definitely should put in his new office?

@LinusTech

@Slick

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

wut?

Wouldn't it be more logical that Luke has one of those? Since he does the benchmarking? :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

wut?

Wouldn't it be more logical that Luke has one of those? Since he does the benchmarking? :P

"Benchmark Time!"

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

"Benchmark Time!"

heheh..

"TO THE BENCHCAVE!"

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

heheh..

"TO THE BENCHCAVE!"

:P

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

wut?

I just addressed this to Linus since it is LINUS media group but if you say so I want to be leave you. But do you have any actual validation that this SHELF is already existing somewhere in the office. Can I you e g post a LTT vid where it is shown.

If you just meant that Luke should get it instead of Linus, your right. Linus has shown again in his 36core machine that you shouldn't hand him anything you would mind breaking xD

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

I just addressed this to Linus since it is LINUS media group but if you say so I want to be leave you. But do you have any actual validation that this SHELF is already existing somewhere in the office. Can I you e g post a LTT vid where it is shown.

If you just meant that Luke should get it instead of Linus, your right. Linus has shown again in his 36core machine that you shouldn't hand him anything you would mind breaking xD

Nah, I didn't mean to say that I know that Luke has one already. I know he has a shelf in the current (or old) place now for his stuff (including GPU's).. So I'm just saying it would be very probable that he will get one now too.

Nah, I didn't mean to say that I know that Luke has one already. I know he has a shelf in the current (or old) place now for his stuff (including GPU's).. So I'm just saying it would be very probable that he will get one now too.

If I'm not mistaken, in the cupboard?

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Nah, the gpus belong in the stairs.

So what you're suggesting is little plexiglass displays in the stairs with LED lighting for the cards? :P

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

If I'm not mistaken, in the cupboard?

https://youtu.be/T4ukIwpHvTE?t=2m38s

there was another video showing it better, but can't find it :/

https://youtu.be/T4ukIwpHvTE?t=2m38s

there was another video showing it better, but can't find it :/

Yeah, should be clothes inside. But pfft! Why not PC Parts? Because clothes is too mainstream.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia 

Nah, the gpus belong in the stairs.

I have taken the liberty of designing a GPU Stair Storage Organisation Diagram.

Drawing is in 3D for you viewing pleasure.

post-189712-0-93578200-1432644212.png

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

heheh..

"TO THE BENCHCAVE!"

nanananananana BenchMan, BenchMan, BenchMan.

6ZLm2s4.png

"Holy Graphics BenchMan"

"What Sidekick Linus"

"It's a 390x and a 980ti Benchman"

"I must BenchMark them Sidekick Linus"

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

What about the RAM ramp ? I wanna see that ... An Endless loop of RAM flooting around ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Now I really want a gpu shelf...

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

I have taken the liberty of designing a GPU Stair Storage Organisation Diagram.

[image snip]

Walking path???

Wouldn't Benchman leap that in a single bound?

Walking path???

Wouldn't Benchman leap that in a single bound?

You are correct. Benchman does not let stairs stand in his way. However, those pesky mortal video editors with their soft hands... they cut them selves on PCB and therefore we must accommodate them.

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

Out of all the older GPU's he has, all lined up on a rack, he could put the XB1 and PS4 amongst them GPU's in order of least>most power wise, wonder how they would stack up, and especially when he has USED "old gen" cards that would no doubt still rock the house performance wise in the rack. :)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

heheh..

"TO THE BENCHCAVE!"

nanananananana BenchMan, BenchMan, BenchMan.

6ZLm2s4.png

"Holy Graphics BenchMan"

"What Sidekick Linus"

"It's a 390x and a 980ti Benchman"

"I must BenchMark them Sidekick Linus"

You guys xD

That's why I love the LTT forum.

3.Use

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You guys xD

That's why I love the LTT forum.

<3

In a world.. Filled with graphics processors and fanboys..

One man must clear things up..

That man is.. BENCHMAN!

Clearly the optimal solution would be to pile them up in the closet. Pile them up so high, that whomever opens the closet gets hit with an avalanche of graphics cards, like something from a cartoon.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

To bad their not getting AC!