CSS VS CS:GO

Jesmund

So which one is better?

Post your thoughts! : )

CS:S is for hardcore players that want no input lag and the smoothest experience. The most hardcore crowd will point out every tiny detail on every map that was changed in GO. They claim its a laggy POS but most of the competitive people have moved over. 

CS:GO is just an updated version of Source. It has new graphics and options, but less players (maybe) and servers. 

If you want the classic CS experience get Source. If you just want to play CounterStrike get GO. 

1.6 > CS:GO > Source

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I played the crap out of 1.6 when released and for years after. Looking back at CS now...It's overrated.

1.6 > CS:GO > Source

After being a big CS:S fan, CS:GO is a ton better and pays a lot of homage to 1.6.

CS:S isn't competitive and never really has been, 1.6 and CS:GO is the competitive scene.

CS:S is easier to play though.

ive never been much of a source player, mostly 1.3-1.6. But csgo has its up :D 

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

You shouldn't worry too much about which cs game is better, unless you're a pro player, you aren't good enough for it to make a difference.

I play CS:GO cause it looks best and is the latest.

It's a matter of personal opinion. Although CS 1.6 gameplay and gun control is familiar with CS:GO, I prefer CS:S out of the 3.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I prefer CS: GO! I feel like a lot of people say older games were better because they think its cool aka Cod4 is the best cod ever .etc

Also nostalgia plays a major part!

CS:S is for hardcore players that want no input lag and the smoothest experience. The most hardcore crowd will point out every tiny detail on every map that was changed in GO. They claim its a laggy POS but most of the competitive people have moved over. 

CS:GO is just an updated version of Source. It has new graphics and options, but less players (maybe) and servers. 

If you want the classic CS experience get Source. If you just want to play CounterStrike get GO. 

This post is so wrong... It's like everything is backwards.

CS:GO is not an updated version of Source. It has nothing to do with source whatsoever. It was made as a "replacement" for CS 1.6, which was one of the most competitive and most hardcore games in the history of gaming. CS Source tried to do that, but failed miserably, so barely anyone from the competitive community moved to source due to it's poor gameplay. This posed a problem though, no one who buys a PC game will even consider a 15 year old game an option, so the fanbase was pretty much non-existant by now. This forced them to recreate CS 1.6 with better graphics to appease a new fanbase if CS was ever to stay a competitive e-sport, since for it to be an e-sport the game needs followers.

So, if you want a dumbed down experience, altough maybe more intuitive, go for Source. If you want the classic CS experience, altough more difficult and harder to learn, go for CSGO.

From another thread:

I made a Trikz server for CS:GO. Boosting works fine but the player models look so stupid while flying. They're stuck in the teabagging position of CS:GO with the legs spread wide apart. There's no running animation like in CS:Source. Actually, there's no animation at all aside from the UFO-like player model floating in the air.

Because of this static teabagging models, modding for CS:GO will just end up like stupid senseless glitching. There's no room for expansion unless you want your game to look like a bunch of static objects floating around aimlessly. It just seems so pointless to make any game mods for CS:GO without the proper animation from the base game.

If you just want to play the basic Counter-Strike pub game concept with 32 players running around and camping behind corners shooting each other while claiming it to be very skillful to do 100+ hit point damage to a player after spraying them with a billion bullets, then sure, CS:GO is the game for you. Then again, COD does the exact same thing.

If you want a game for competitive team play, then CS:GO might be the game for you. Although, BF3 could be a better option with a lot more in-game possibilities (flying tanks and jets stuck in the air).

If you want the ease of finding a 5v5 competitive match when playing with your friends, then CS:GO can help you with that (as long as matchmaking doesn't stack Eagles and Global Elites on 1 team).

If you want to mess around with the base CS game as well as a ton of fun mods and different game concepts created by the community (zombiemod/escape, minigames, fightyard, dodgeball, rats, kz, xc, bhop, trikz, gg, dm, surf, etc...), then CS:Source would be the best choice for you. Make sure to get Garry's Mod with your CS:Source so you can try out Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT).

If you want to try out the different game concepts of CS:Source, the best way to start would be to download the maps made specifically for them (http://css.gamebanana.com/maps). This is assuming you already have a bunch of friends to play with. If not, then you can always join servers with these mods/maps installed and ask players to teach you how to play. This way you can add "friends" to your Steam list of loneliness. :)

Answer:

Tie.

It depends on what type of game you're into since CS:Source is now on a league of its own, much like TF2. Those who claimed CS1.6 is better than CS:Source back when it released never came back to give it another chance, or they were too busy playing pugs to notice the ton of mods developed for Source.

Other thoughts:

CS:GO > CS1.6

CS1.6 is just too old. You might as well play Quake or Unreal Tournament.

~meOw! Σ:3

I prefer CS: GO! I feel like a lot of people say older games were better because they think its cool aka Cod4 is the best cod ever .etc

Also nostalgia plays a major part!

CoD4 is the best CoD ever. As a huge fan of the series up until the downfall of Mw2, CoD4 will always be the best in the series.

And it isn't nostalgia, that's a fact and anyone who has played it will tell you the same.

From another thread:

Answer:

Tie.

It depends on what type of game you're into since CS:Source is now on a league of its own, much like TF2. Those who claimed CS1.6 is better than CS:Source back when it released never came back to give it another chance, or they were too busy playing pugs to notice the ton of mods developed for Source.

Other thoughts:

Hit Boxes are worse in CS:S.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

CoD4 is the best CoD ever. As a huge fan of the series up until the downfall of Mw2, CoD4 will always be the best in the series.

And it isn't nostalgia, that's a fact and anyone who has played it will tell you the same.

I have played it hahah

1.6 will always be the best. CSS is not hardcore and both CSGO and CSS suffer from bad maps, horrible movement and in my opinion bad game mechanics like spraying.

For the best experience 1.6 is what you need to play. Not only do you need to master the art of game knowledge and how to aim and shoot, but also numerous other things to help you in game such as smooth movement. The game has a much higher skill cap but sadly it died last year.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

From another thread:

Answer:

Tie.

Other thoughts:

There is nothing wrong with a game being old. Just because it's old or looks "bad" graphically doesn't mean that the game beats the new releases. CS 1.6 lasted for more than a decade and that is a long time for a game that is still played more than newer titles.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Hit Boxes are worse in CS:S.

That was how it was back when server hosts didn't know what to do and default cvars were very unoptimized. Now with everyone having higher bandwidth and way better server-grade hardware, you can even x5ml someone on a server with terribly optimized rates if you have the proper skills for it. Hit boxes are no longer an issue on CS:Source. If hit boxes are still a problem for you on CS:S, then bullet spread should be an even bigger problem for you on CS:GO. ADADADADAD... if you know what I mean. ;)

There is nothing wrong with a game being old. Just because it's old or looks "bad" graphically doesn't mean that the game beats the new releases. CS 1.6 lasted for more than a decade and that is a long time for a game that is still played more than newer titles.

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with a game being old. That's why people should still host Quake and Unreal tournaments. My point in CS:GO > CS1.6 because of it being old is for newcomers. If you are new to the CS franchise, you should spend your hard earned money on a game that isn't slowly fading away. By the time you get really good at it there will be nobody left for you to play with. You might as well play Quake or Unreal Tournament if you want to spend the time learning a game as old as those...

~meOw! Σ:3

I loved CS 1.6, I love source, and I haven't touched CS:GO yet, got it sitting here in my steam account downloaded too. I love source and it has quite a big following in New Zealand, can always find people to play with and one of my friends has a few dedicated servers set up too up here. I've played it for way too long now, I think I'll switch to GO, soon.

#!

1.3 > 1.5 > 1.6 > CS:S/CZ > CS:GO. Not sure I used the > properly but left to right = best to worse. :)

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

CSS all the way!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>