The "high quality" Minecraft box

Little overkill IMO, maybe just run him on an A10 w/o a GPU, since APU graphics aren't bad?

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Only the 3.0 won't work.

Still, most low-mid end cases I've worked in have a 3.0 connector with a 2.0 block on them if you can't utilize 3.0.

so why not just go with my build which has everything sorted.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So my cousin @DatSpeed, has a younger brother who keeps asking his parents to build a PC. 

While hearing this, the both of us decided to, think of a build that, you know, can play Minecraft, and he doesent care about anything so.........

Before that, here are some stuff:

1. Budget & Location

Eh, $750 (w/ monitor and KB/M) Well he said his parents wanted cheap, so we just placed part in PCPP, and checked for the cheapest place. 

2. Aim

It saddens me to say this to the PCMR people, but, he wants to play MC :(

with mods

3. Monitors

1080p will do, and we have one in the build

4. Peripherals

I bought 3 Windows licenses thinking someone will need it, so no need for OS

Peripherals are included in the parts list

5. Why are you upgrading?

He's running MC on a Celeron -_-

Anyways, here is the build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($85.50 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($36.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($32.30 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($126.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $712.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-25 10:07 EDT-0400

Note this word "high quality. Pay attention to the quotation marks. 

Water cooler was added because its a FX-6300, its freaking hot in his place, and he leaves anything on. Just to be sure his table and house does not get fried, we added it.

We need feedback, bc this may become his first PC. So he can join his brother in the PCMR.

thanks have a good day

BTW, special thanks to @DatSpeed for helping, and for being a "good brother"

What kind of mods?

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Of course, but 960 is a crap.

750ti is cheaper and gonna perform better.

I really hope you're not dumb enough to think that a 960 is worse than a 750ti...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I agree with the earlier i5 4460 or 4690(K) and 280X builds.

280X would be a better option as its got more VRAM. His brother may need it in the future

--------

*not related to quoted post*

Is it just me, or are there way too many Intel/Nvidia fanboys on this forum?

It's not a fanboy if his or her claims are supported by facts. Or if the opinion is justified by the person's use case scenario.

FX series CPU's are just not that good for gaming.. i3's and i5's are better for that stuff.

the i3 4160 beats the FX 8320 in many gaming benchmarks.. So when people say "go Intel" they are not saying AMD is always garbage.. Just that FX CPU's are not good for gaming.

As for Nvidia vs. AMD.. Some people just really like the Nvidia software stuff and sometimes still hang on to the AMD stereotypes of bad drivers and lots of heat.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Of course, but 960 is a crap.

750ti is cheaper and gonna perform better.

LOL WHAT ARE YOU SAYING

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

So my cousin @DatSpeed, has a younger brother who keeps asking his parents to build a PC. While hearing this, the both of us decided to, think of a build that, you know, can play Minecraft, and he doesent care about anything so......... Before that, here are some stuff: 1. Budget & LocationEh, $750 (w/ monitor and KB/M) Well he said his parents wanted cheap, so we just placed part in PCPP, and checked for the cheapest place. 2. AimIt saddens me to say this to the PCMR people, but, he wants to play MC :(with mods  3. Monitors1080p will do, and we have one in the build4. PeripheralsI bought 3 Windows licenses thinking someone will need it, so no need for OSPeripherals are included in the parts list5. Why are you upgrading?He's running MC on a Celeron -_- Anyways, here is the build:PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($85.50 @ SuperBiiz) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($36.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($32.30 @ SuperBiiz) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg) Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.60 @ SuperBiiz) Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg) Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($30.60 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ NCIX US) Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) Monitor: Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($126.99 @ Amazon) Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($26.10 @ SuperBiiz) Total: $712.03Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-25 10:07 EDT-0400 Note this word "high quality. Pay attention to the quotation marks.  Water cooler was added because its a FX-6300, its freaking hot in his place, and he leaves anything on. Just to be sure his table and house does not get fried, we added it. We need feedback, bc this may become his first PC. So he can join his brother in the PCMR. thanks have a good day BTW, special thanks to @DatSpeed for helping, and for being a "good brother"LINUS PLS PUT THIS ON THE WAN SHOW - @DatSpeed

Well since he is playing MC, MC runs off of Java, Java is very CPU intensive and the GPU will come in to help with Texture Packs and such. I would know since I play it on a shitty APU laptop on low to mid settings. This would be much better for the money if you can stretch the budget some more. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/c2bKQ7