What about fire Luke?

oskar23
Go to solution Solved by ImBleu,

@Slick has been fired so many times before, what'll being fired one more time matter?

first post here! Although it is not the best way to start I have to agree with the op,lately he has been appearing increasingly in the videos makes me seriously considering taking the subscription to the channel. (I know nobody cares)
I don't like the humor used and how the presentation of the video are presented,become quite boring.
Having said that I don't think he should be fired but improve in some aspects

Luke was in a lot of video 3-4 weeks ago because linus was in vacation. It's true tho that I like it better when Linus writes the script. He is a core and founding member of LMG and will probably never be fired.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

While I prefer linus I totally disagree with you. Slick is almost as good as linus and that's saying a lot

i3 4170 : Asus R9 270 : MSI h81M-Pro VD : Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO : Seagate Barracuda 1TB : NZXT Source 210 : Some Random RAM

The OP seems upset that the channel is not catering to him.

@Slick has been fired so many times before, what'll being fired one more time matter?

Is there any tally on how many times? lol. I lost count after a while. I've only fully completed ChannelSuperFun & Techquickie, I still have a few thousand on LinusTechTips.

G²

I secretly like Luke more than Linus sometimes...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@okar

Do you realize how many people watch Linus Media Group videos (not just LinusTechTips)? In my opinion, they all do a well job. Do you have an issue with Brandon and Taran as well? They are different individuals, and they present content in a different way. Thy are all informative, and no one has yet caused me to skip any videos. If you want boring, watch Ben Stein.

G²

No. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Wasn't Linus the first one there and ^

Yes, but we are talking about employees that are working for Linus 

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Beacause I subscribed and I am not satisfied.

entitled much?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Personally speaking I absolutey adore all videos whether they are made by Linus himself or Luke. They all do a wonderful job, and have managed to distract me from getting work finished day after day for years now. :D

I didn't ask what it was designed to do, I asked what it was capable of doing.

Hey you are that one guy that Linus spoke about in earlier WAN shows from like a year ago :D

Pleasure to meet you, sole Luke hater   ^_^

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Boo fucking hoo. You have an opinion, want a cookie?

Deal with it ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

well.. to be honest.. I prefer Linus over Luke but that doesn't mean I didn't like Luke.. Each of them has a unique presentation of their own which can bring more variety to the channel which is good

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Don't you remember he totally quit a while ago. he actually didn't, for clarification

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

If you don't like it, don't watch it, that simple. I find your comment not satisfying, therefore I shall make a topic how I don't like your comment. You see where I'm going with this?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I don't enjoy watching content with this guy, he's boring, not creative, sounds like he will die, and have no idea what he is talking about. I feel like he's reading from paper ( look at his eyes, it looks like letters on paper are too small ).

Linus we need you!  I enjoyed every movie with Linus but when I am watching this

yeah great idea, firing the guy that basically takes care of the forum.. gg dude.. gg, besides that is luke the first LMG employee and one of linus his best friends so yeah..

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Well... Isn't that a pitty. 

Community feed back is needed so OP stating an opinion is okay. Just because you and many others like Luke that does not mean all do. Could he have said it in a better way, sure for. 

Because I subscribed and I am not satisfied.

First of all, you did not pay for this service, so you can't expect them to re-staff employees just because of your opinion of a person who works at LMG. Also, I think you'll find that the majority of people like Luke being in the videos and as they are a big channel with a lot of subscribers they have to improve based on what the majority of people want, they can't please everyone. Also, I do not think LMG would run quite as smoothly as it does now without Luke as the last time he left, The WAN Show was kind of boring (no offence to Linus, it's just his guest host who he had on Skype was kind of boring me) and Linus had to call Luke to ask him how to use the benchmark station.

Also, many people said when Linus was gone, the video quality dropped. Well, that happens when anybody leaves for a period of time, the person who stands in for the manager doesn't have much experience in that roll as they do not do it on a day-to-day basis and you still have to get used to having a roll like that. So, it's kind of unavoidable. It doesn't matter if it's Luke or someone else.

Also, if Luke wasn't at LMG you probably wouldn't have a forum like this to criticise him on.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

Community feed back is needed so OP stating an opinion is okay. Just because you and many others like Luke that does not mean all do. Could he have said it in a better way, sure for. 

He/she said it in a way which made it sound as though just because they subscribed and weren't 'satisfied' because OP doesn't like Luke, that their opinion dominates all others and Luke should be fired or something... Just because THEY subscribed and didn't like Luke. 

Just because OP doesn't like Luke, doesn't mean all don't. 

He/she said it in a way which made it sound as though just because they subscribed and weren't 'satisfied' because OP doesn't like Luke, that their opinion dominates all others and Luke should be fired or something... Just because THEY subscribed and didn't like Luke. 

Just because OP doesn't like Luke, doesn't mean all don't. 

Did you forget to read my comment? Do read it again if you have already.