 iOS 9 / OS X 10.11 - Focus on Stability, Quality and Support

Time to update then, or maybe not - going to wait about people reports -

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

My fingers are crossed for big speed and stability improvements on both platforms. My mom's iPad mini and iPhone 4s are kinda sluggish and my 2010 MBP has had a record number of kernel panics as of late.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Good on Apple for supporting their old devices - shows that they're not completely focused on getting people to upgrade. I haven't updated my iPhone 4s to the latest version since performance just got worse with every update. Now I'll be able to keep her running for a little longer.

I especially like that they are supporting old iPads, which are not something that are upgraded as often as a phone. If you still have a functioning iPad 2, then there isn't much reason to update (unless you need the extra power from the newer processors). For me, who just uses their iPad 2 to consume media, this is perfect.

._.

AMD A8-5500•••ASUS GTX 660•••MSI MS-7778 Mobo•••2x4GB DDR3 RAM•••CoolerMaster v550 Semi-Modular PSU•••1.5TB HDD•256GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD•••Optical Drive•••Phanteks Enthoo Pro

and hopefully no wifi bug. seriously how do you accidentally disable the wifi on your phones and two times as well

I know, that there are some customers that want to customize every little detail, but I rather see a more secure system, that locks out that group, than a weaker system that has that options.

the last iPhone I jailbreaked was an 3GS. I don't feel the necessity to jailbreak anymore with stuff like control center added to iOS.

but then i cant use the multitasking add in 

Apple, my friend...

SHUTUP AND FIX ALL THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS BUGS BEFORE YOU BRING OUT ANOTHER NEW DAMN OS
THIS NEVER USED TO HAPPEN! WHY ARE YOUR OSES BUGGY AS HELL NOWADAYS?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

but then i cant use the multitasking add in 

as I said. there are certainly some users that would like to jailbreak the device.

but there are lots and lots of users who don't care or want to jailbreak the device.

security should be a concern for both groups.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Apple, my friend...

SHUTUP AND FIX ALL THE BLATANTLY OBVIOUS BUGS BEFORE YOU BRING OUT ANOTHER NEW DAMN OS

THIS NEVER USED TO HAPPEN! WHY ARE YOUR OSES BUGGY AS HELL NOWADAYS?

full of bugs? what version are you using?

as I said. there are certainly some users that would like to jailbreak the device.

but there are lots and lots of users who don't care or want to jailbreak the device.

security should be a concern for both groups.

but they still shouldnt exclude one of the groups and you can improve security without disabling jailbreaking

full of bugs? what version are you using?

10.10, 10.8, 10.7, 10.3, 10.2, 10.1, 10.0. Any one of those means full of bugs. 10.10 still has lots of problems, sorry to say, even if the really friggin big ones were fixed. And there are simply times when 10.10 just randomly breaks, not in a repeatable manner, but just a random way.

I'm all for 10.11 and iOS 9 being stability

I know, that there are some customers that want to customize every little detail, but I rather see a more secure system, that locks out that group, than a weaker system that has that options.

the last iPhone I jailbreaked was an 3GS. I don't feel the necessity to jailbreak anymore with stuff like control center added to iOS.

This is exactly why I haven't done a jailbreak since iOS 6. I have no reason to now.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

This is exactly why I haven't done a jailbreak since iOS 6. I have no reason to now.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Dont tell me they will update the ipad 2 as well, it seems like apple loves the iPad 2.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Mine's jailbroken but there's like a couple things installed with only 2 of those things i actually use but they're just things that Apple could implement with a hotfix so maybe if they do make the things i use available ill upgrade otherwise i'm just gonna stay on 8.1.

You know, Apple could integrate seamless Android app support, outlook account syncing and blackberry compatibility and then drop the rrp by $100 and people would still find a way to make this to be a negative thing. 

Personally I don't care what they are concentrating on next because I don't like OSX or ioS. Do you know what that means? It means I won't use it, that's all, it doesn't mean it's bad, or lacking, or unsuitable for other people in other situations.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Dont tell me they will update the ipad 2 as well, it seems like apple loves the iPad 2.

The the specs of the iPad 2 are pretty much the same as the iPad mini 1st gen, so it might be. Only reason not to support it if they support the mini 1st gen would be forcing people to buy a new device to get newer software.

Edit: Yay, 200th post :D

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Good to see Apple making it more secure and stable for people that has chosen that particular ecosystem.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

10.10, 10.8, 10.7, 10.3, 10.2, 10.1, 10.0. Any one of those means full of bugs. 10.10 still has lots of problems, sorry to say, even if the really friggin big ones were fixed. And there are simply times when 10.10 just randomly breaks, not in a repeatable manner, but just a random way.

I'm all for 10.11 and iOS 9 being stability

I have been using OS X since 2006 (bought the first Intel Macbook) and I simply have to disagree. None of the OS X versions from 10.4 to 10.10 were or are full of bugs.

I have been using 10.10 on my Air and my Hackintosh, also I am monitoring all of the "family" Macs and none of the randomly breaks nor is full of bugs.

I am sorry to say that, but I think you are talking out of your ass.

but they still shouldnt exclude one of the groups and you can improve security without disabling jailbreaking

no they can't.

you can't grant low level access to some jailbreakers, while excluding some bad guys.

Dear Google,

Please do the same and actually work out all flaws of your OS instead of just jumping to the next one.

"focus on quality and stability"

...what the heck where they focusing on before?

Copying Android features! You can't do everything at once! :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Dear Google,

Please do the same and actually work out all flaws of your OS instead of just jumping to the next one.

Nah, Google would rather only give you 18 months of support and force you to upgrade just to get anything. Like the Galaxy Nexus where they claimed since TI wasn't supporting the chipset anymore, so giving it 4.4 would be difficult. Yet people are now giving the Nexus 5.0 ROMs without issue. 

Google acts like its shit don't stink, yet they have some pretty shitty policies. 

I have been using OS X since 2006 (bought the first Intel Macbook) and I simply have to disagree. None of the OS X versions from 10.4 to 10.10 were or are full of bugs.

I have been using 10.10 on my Air and my Hackintosh, also I am monitoring all of the "family" Macs and none of the randomly breaks nor is full of bugs.

I am sorry to say that, but I think you are talking out of your ass.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. My first Mac was a PowerBook G4 (so no affronting me there sorry), and there have really been some fluctuations.

What I want to say is that while very few of the versions contained seriously OS-breaking bugs that ruined the system that weren't fixed quickly (Lion and Mountain Lion had RAM consumption problems which got patched kinda and really improved with Mavericks, Mavericks had the big security hole as well as an iTunes library bug, but that got fixed, as did [mostly] the Yosemite wi-fi problems) but that several versions of the system simply didn't have the rock-hard stability that we had come to expect from 10.4 to 10.6.

Look, if there weren't problems, Apple wouldn't be focusing on fixing problems. It's not like any of the versions really screwed you over too badly usually, but there were and are problems. The fact that Apple repeatedly came out with operating systems that needed patches to work right pretty early on shows that the versions weren't ready. It's okay, sure, and you can say that "Well, they were free upgrades and you did adopt it early on", but we were lead on to believe that they were stable releases, not buggy early access.

I REALLY hope it will be released for the iPad 2.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

What I want to say is that while very few of the versions contained seriously OS-breaking bugs that ruined the system that weren't fixed quickly (Lion and Mountain Lion had RAM consumption problems which got patched kinda and really improved with Mavericks, Mavericks had the big security hole as well as an iTunes library bug, but that got fixed, as did [mostly] the Yosemite wi-fi problems) but that several versions of the system simply didn't have the rock-hard stability that we had come to expect from 10.4 to 10.6.

you said, that they were "full of bugs", which simply isn't true. I never said, that there were no bugs.

also none of those were "OS-breaking".

Look, if there weren't problems, Apple wouldn't be focusing on fixing problems. It's not like any of the versions really screwed you over too badly usually, but there were and are problems.

There is no bug-free software. And never in the years from 2006-2015 was there anything "OS-breaking".

Saying that OS X is "full of bugs" is just bullshit.