Do you use WinRAR, WinZip, or 7Zip

MaximusX

I personally use WinRAR

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

WinRAR, imo its the best of the 3 listed.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

i use 7zip, because i like the way it handles .tar.gz and similar file formats.

AND it doesnt have a nag screen to buy the full version.

(the built in benchmark is a bonus as well)

7Zip, because, it's FREE.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

WinRAR works if you buy full version.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

WinRAR for Windows, and 7zip in Linux if I'm not unpacking via CLI.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I use both 7Zip and WinRAR.

And your poll also needs a PotatoZIP or PotatoRAR options to be a genuine LTT poll.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I use both 7Zip and WinRAR.

And your poll also needs a PotatoZIP or PotatoRAR options to be a genuine LTT poll.

PeaZip*

It's actual a real one.

I used to use WinRAR for the longest time but now I just use 7Zip.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

PeaZip*

It's actual a real one.

Really?, I have to check that out xD.

7zip. It's free. Open Source and doesn't annoy me asking to buy the software after 30 days. Also I find that it compresses stuff better than both winrar and winzip. (as in, smaller file size)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

winrar and winzip require you to pay for the full version. 7zip handles everything for free,

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I just installed it, it looks ok but it seems to have problems opening files whose filenames have weird characters, if a file shows "???" in its name it wont open it.

My WinRAR says it expired or that I have to get some license and all that stuff. But it still works. How is that? 

P.S. Haven't looked really much into it cause of my work sched. So, sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.  :P

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow:

WinRAR works if you buy full version.

What full version? 

345db3c6bed4167eae748d236e5f64c7.jpg

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

WinRAR but should really move over to 7Zip.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

7Zip, can never be hassled for that 'please buy winrar blah blah blah'

7Zip is my go to, it's as simple and streamline as it can get. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I use PowerArchiver. Nice interface, easy to use, powerful, opens anything you can think of.

But not free.

All mentioned ones, looks like they come form a Windows 95 days.. untouched.

winrar and winzip require you to pay for the full version. 7zip handles everything for free,

They would like you to but feel free to use their never ending trial

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

7zip. It's free. Open Source and doesn't annoy me asking to buy the software after 30 days. Also I find that it compresses stuff better than both winrar and winzip. (as in, smaller file size)

I'd have to look into it.. but I'm fairly certain 7zip doesn't do any sort of different compression on zip files than any other zip implementation...

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

WinRAR just cause I tried it first, liked the way it worked, learned it, and can't be bothered to try the others when I'm happy with WinRAR

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I'd have to look into it.. but I'm fairly certain 7zip doesn't do any sort of different compression on zip files than any other zip implementation...

It actually has quite a few different types of compression methods for zip files.

I use PowerArchiver. Nice interface, easy to use, powerful, opens anything you can think of.

But not free.

All mentioned ones, looks like they come form a Windows 95 days.. untouched.

I have to agree with that, but 7zip recently had an update-albeit a beta, and pretty much everything can be done from the context menu.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL