ASUS TURBO Graphics cards

Hey, so recently I heard about this card release. I was thinking of building my friend a PC recently, and he was interested in a red/black/white build. When I saw this card It sort of made me excited, I was really interested to see the side of the card that would be showing when inserted on the motherboard, but I came to realize there currently aren't any photos that reveal this part of the card yet. I just was coming here to make the post wondering what you guys thought of this card. Personally I don't know how cool it would be compared to EVGA's versions, but I was just wondering what you guys thought about these cards. They have this design in both 970, and 960. 

http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX970OC4GD5/

http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/TURBOGTX960OC2GD5/

Only pic I can find

27069.4432f3d8805996b3a682508aaa7c2fc8.1

Not to mention Asus actually has a rear shot of the card on their site, though I suppose it doesn't give the same angle.

xbVTrB3zYKaKr5FO_setting_fff_1_90_end_50

Oh nice, I've been looking for a white reference cooler. Too bad about the red stripes though

Oh nice, I've been looking for a white reference cooler. Too bad about the red stripes though

It actually isn't quite reference, its a weird blower style where it sucks in from BOTH sides (that's why there's an intake on the back) and pushes out the back of the PC, so not really that great for SLI either as the fans would work against each other

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Looks like something that should have been around years ago... I'd still take the reference cooler over that.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I really like it but the fact that it has no backplate really puts me off. Also the power connector is in an ugly place, and its not as this a cooler as it looks like in some product pictures...

It actually isn't quite reference, its a weird blower style where it sucks in from BOTH sides (that's why there's an intake on the back) and pushes out the back of the PC), so not really that great for SLI either as the fans would work against each other

The entire point of the double sided blower is to IMPROVE the performance in SLI

Because all the blowers will be able to suck air though the other cards rather than suffocating against the backplate of the card next to it

Basically think of it as lone long blower that is pushing air through all the cards of the same time

This gives MUCH better temps than the standard blower design cooler

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There isn't much you can do about the PCI-E power connector. The PCB is that short.

The face of the card looks nice (in the glamor photos), but damn, that back...needs a white back plate.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

It actually isn't quite reference, its a weird blower style where it sucks in from BOTH sides (that's why there's an intake on the back) and pushes out the back of the PC, so not really that great for SLI either as the fans would work against each other

This still fine, it's the reference look I want. I currently have a evga 650 ti with the reference blower with another one that a friend is borrowing, those 2 I'll paint white, but if asus is starting to make these coolers I can get one stronger card when I upgrade again

I really like it but the fact that it has no backplate really puts me off. Also the power connector is in an ugly place, and its not as this a cooler as it looks like in some product pictures...

The entire point of the double sided blower is to IMPROVE the performance in SLI

Because all the blowers will be able to suck air though the other cards rather than suffocating against the backplate of the card next to it

Basically think of it as lone long blower that is pushing air through all the cards of the same time

This gives MUCH better temps than the standard blower design cooler

actually, only 10% better than reference and 7% in SLI (this is according to ASUS, see link in OP)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I love this card and if I had the use for it I'd probably already have it.

I think that @Charger feels the same (for the most part).

There isn't much you can do about the PCI-E power connector. The PCB is that short.

The face of the card looks nice (in the glamor photos), but damn, that back...needs a white back plate.

Get one made to match by a place like V1 tech

It's a lower price card so it's not going to include a backplate. The cards not really long enough to actually physically need one either.

actually, only 10% better than reference and 7% in SLI (this is according to ASUS, see link in OP)

yeah, with a fan that probably doesnt even come close to 4000rpm...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yeah, with a fan that probably doesnt even come close to 4000rpm...

Its a blower the they work different than standard fans. Higher RPM is basically required.

Uhh.... wrong section to be posting in. This is not news

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

Uhh.... wrong section to be posting in. This is not news

^

This is gonna be moved to another subforum

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

^

This is gonna be moved to another subforum

Yeah I know but it shouldn't have been posted in this forum in the first place.

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120