Witcher 3 Benchmarks! Holy Balls this game is demanding!

gilang01

I'll be doing a comparison myself don't forget.

I think you should, I have both and tw2 does look good, but environmental detail is massively improved, as well as modelling and animations, but you're free to do your own comparison

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I think you should, I have both and tw2 does look good, but environmental detail is massively improved, as well as modelling and animations, but you're free to do your own comparison

I will be, and if it runs like shit on the same settings without looking significantly better, then something is wrong with the game.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I just loaded up the Witcher 2 to get my old save files and it looks better, and runs better from what I've seen between the two so far.

Character facial animations are dated though, as expected.

I can also run W2 on High with a GTX 580 and play very well. The same card can only manage Low settings in W3, and it looks far worse so far.

Gqmfb0t.png

Remember people, there is a day 0 patch which improves performance (as well as bump up the graphics) and there is now an Nvidia driver out. These benchmarks were done with neither.

Take the numbers with a grain of salt. The game is still not out...

The game has been out for folks like myself for over an hour now, and I'm not impressed by the visuals so far or performance. 

Once my working Titan X arrives, I'll max it out and see how it goes then.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I just loaded up the Witcher 2 to get my old save files and it looks better, and runs better from what I've seen between the two so far.

Character facial animations are dated though, as expected.

I can also run W2 on High with a GTX 580 and play very well. The same card can only manage Low settings in W3, and it looks far worse so far.

<image>

Dude... What are you smoking? Look at the low polygon count on some of the things in that screenshot, and look at the pathetic draw distance. How can you say that looks better? There is quite a lot of aliasing in that screenshot as well.

Remember people, there is a day 0 patch which improves performance (as well as bump up the graphics) and there is now an Nvidia driver out. These benchmarks were done with neither.

Take the numbers with a grain of salt. The game is still not out...

These benchmarks are done with the patch and the driver. And people is confirming the bad performance.

Build: CPU: Intel i5 4690k OC = 4.4Ghz | GPU: Gigabyte R9 285 OC = 1100/1575MHz | MB: MSI Z97M Gaming | RAM: Corsair 8GB 2133MHz CL9 | Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Silent 14 | CaseCooltek U3 | PSU: Corsair RM550 | MonitorDell UltraSharp 2414h | Keyboard: Steelseries 6gv2 | Mouse: Corsair M95

FireStrike score = 7803. Graphic score = 9363 (record single r9 285).

Dude... What are you smoking? Look at the low polygon count on some of the things in that screenshot, and look at the pathetic draw distance. How can you say that looks better? There is quite a lot of aliasing in that screenshot as well.

I've been playing the witcher 3 for over an hour now, and Witcher 2 at high there, looks better and plays better than what the same card manages in the Witcher 3.

RsN6ZX9.png

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

These benchmarks are done with the patch and the driver. And people is confirming the bad performance.

I stand corrected. I thought the article was about an "almost finished" version but that was apparently referring to some of their previous articles.

It seems like they will be adding more cards to the chart as well, it's just that they haven't had time to test all cards yet. The list with 12 cards is the proper game, and the one with lots and lots of cards is the test build benchmarks.

Yea, i put on hair works and my 980 fps at 1440p sky dives from 50 to 20-30fps (everything max out).

I'm assuming no official SLI support yet. I'm gonna try get AFR or SFR going tonight when I get home.

Single R9 290, running at 1440p, mix of high and ultra settings, vsync on, frame rate unlimited, hardware mouse, hairworks off (obviously), regular SSAO. Frame rate holding at 50-60 most of the time.

I would rate the graphics at or above dragon age inquisition. Screen shots don't do this game justice, with the way the lighting and other effects look while playing. There are however some textures that need to be improved, but I'm guessing that may be a physx thing.

gallery_62868_1925_510224.jpg

gallery_62868_1925_142856.jpg

gallery_62868_1925_819591.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Single R9 290, running at 1440p, mix of high and ultra settings, vsync on, frame rate unlimited, hardware mouse, hairworks off (obviously), regular SSAO. Frame rate holding at 50-60 most of the time.

I would rate the graphics at or above dragon age inquisition. Screen shots don't do this game justice, with the way the lighting and other effects look while playing. There are however some textures that need to be improved, but I'm guessing that may be a physx thing.

gallery_62868_1925_510224.jpg

gallery_62868_1925_142856.jpg

gallery_62868_1925_819591.jpg

I'm super confused, my 7970 struggles to push out a solid 40fps while only on HIGH settings

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I'm assuming no official SLI support yet. I'm gonna try get AFR or SFR going tonight when I get home.

It seems like it works for me.  2x GTX 680, both GPU at 90%+ ... unless the other GPU is doing "fake work". :)

He probably isn't using AA

it is enabled in settings, but nothing forced through panel.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It seems like it works for me. 2x GTX 680, both GPU at 90%+ ... unless the other GPU is doing "fake work". :)

Don't even recognize that my 2nd 7970 exists :(

Guess I'm stuck waiting for drivers. Oh well, not like it was unexpected

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

It seems like it works for me.  2x GTX 680, both GPU at 90%+ ... unless the other GPU is doing "fake work". :)

A game launching with SLI support? I swear that's not common. Can't wait to try, lets see if I can keep a solid 60...

Also does anyone know how core count is affecting this game?

CD Red Projekt did a terrible job at optimisation if those top-end GPU's can't cope it with 1080p60 ultra settings,

But why the fk are we still stuck on 1080p?! We should have been able to run newest games on 2160p60 on a single GPU.

Hopefully a single 390X can do that.

Those GameWorks... Really! And it will be also the last time I'll buy a nVidia GPU, they have gone to shit for real!

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

it is enabled in settings, but nothing forced through panel.

dear lord whats going on then :(. The 290 was never THAT far away from a 7970. 

Im running all basic HIGH settings with no vsync and no Hairworks at 1080p and like i said my fps is 38-60ish with the average being around mid 40s

If you're wanting to boost your framerate, ALWAYS start by reducing the eye candy first and foremost. Things like ao, aa, and tessellation should be adjusted before the standard fare of settings. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

A game launching with SLI support? I swear that's not common. Can't wait to try, lets see if I can keep a solid 60...

Unfortunately not for my 1440p monitor.  However, seems *mostly* good at 1080p for 60 FPS using 680s.  At 2 GB, this SLI combo is definitely the "last-gen of resolutions", i.e. 1080p anyway.  I pushed 1440p as far as GTA 5 with those cards for 60 FPS, but TW3 has finally marked the end of the era.

2x 7970 @ 1080p High settings, no Hairworks, no Vsync

Q3HWwFU.jpgRaG1OJl.jpg

I dont even wanna think about how it'll drop when i get o a city or dare to try to fight something...

2x 7970 @ 1080p High settings, no Hairworks, no Vsync

I dont even wanna think about how it'll drop when i get o a city or dare to try to fight something...

The trees and textures look really bad... :blink:

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well, is anyone with multiple TitanX's gonna try ubersampling? For that matter, is it in the menus?

It's in the *.ini files from memory (I looked last night).

dear lord whats going on then :(. The 290 was never THAT far away from a 7970. 

Im running all basic HIGH settings with no vsync and no Hairworks at 1080p and like i said my fps is 38-60ish with the average being around mid 40s

290 is quite a bit more powerful than 7970. in valley benchmark I can get a 50% higher score compared to a 7970, although I guess that's not a definitive measurement

heres a short video I threw together showing the settings Im using and a clip from my phone (fps in right top corner, might be hard to read).

Well I'm running at low frame rate and all, but it looks great and plays well

I don't see anything to cry over, though the low settings look a like too medium compared to what I'd like, would have rather seen another setting for reducing grass further, my brother will have a hard time on his 560ti

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R