Disappointed with a recent review by linus

obi_wan

I am disappointed with a recent video Linus did on some tech based clothing products it currently on vessel,it feels as if he's being a sellout which he totally isn't but to someone who doesn't watch linus videos regularly it would look as if he is one.Bags etc are fine but clothing is just too much.

@LinusTech

*no offense linus.

Trying not to hate on you,you are the only guy i trust when it comes to hardware reviews.

It's tech-related. 

They have no obligations whatsoever. At least he didn't review a pair of clothing not based around tech.

Those who dont follow him regularly will think he is a sellout.

Funny you mention that.

My boyfriend constantly tells me that he thinks Linus is a sellout.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

How is it a sell out? He did a good review/overview on a product he received to review.

I don't get all this criticism in the last few days..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Vessel sucks. Can't even watch the video without logging in, what video platform does that.  <_<

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I feel like they are straying away from tech a little 

Linus next review : Nike VR Pro Golf Shoes

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Netflix...Hulu...Amazon...I'm sure I could think of more lol. I just can't get any videos to load, my internet is too slow.

That is TV. All vessel does is take open youtube videos and close them down.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

"Actually money is how the community steers work."

-Gabe Newell 2015

Edit:

forgot to put the :(

Netflix...Hulu...Amazon...I'm sure I could think of more lol. I just can't get any videos to load, my internet is too slow.

Nor can i,Vessel interface eats up so much bandwith.Linus should have had partnered with someone else instead.

vessel sucks

I am disappointed with a recent video Linus did on some tech based clothing products it currently on vessel,it feels as if he's being a sellout which he totally isn't but to someone who doesn't watch linus videos regularly it would look as if he is one.Bags etc are fine but clothing is just too much.

@LinusTech

*no offense linus.

@ OP 

This, I know i'd think he's a sellout if I didn't have a clue what was actually up.

But the reality is that he runs his business, which has 6 employees, a new office and everything else that comes with running a tech channel.

And he has to pay for it all from his sponsors/youtube/vessel payouts-along with forum donations/shirts etc.

Anyway, my point is that if he didn't 'sellout' he's put everyone out of a job and we'd get even shittier videos 

Side note, Vessel does suck, but it pays him well - I think- so im happy to watch there

@ OP 

This, I know i'd think he's a sellout if I didn't have a clue what was actually up.

But the reality is that he runs his business, which has 6 employees, a new office and everything else that comes with running a tech channel.

And he has to pay for it all from his sponsors/youtube/vessel payouts-along with forum donations/shirts etc.

Anyway, my point is that if he didn't 'sellout' he's put everyone out of a job and we'd get even shittier videos 

Side note, Vessel does suck, but it pays him well - I think- so im happy to watch there

i know that dude i have been following linus since the start back in 2008.Those who are new wont get it,but he can unbox.review other tech stuff clothing is just too much.Many are disappointed as per vessel.

That's not all they do. They aren't ad supported, so your subscription is what pays for the whole thing(and this is the reason why you have to log in). Vessel also isn't open for everybody to upload things, so it really focuses on quality content, which separates it from services like Youtube which has tons of crap on it. At least the videos can be viewed for free on YouTube(Instead of going the route of Drive+, where only pirates got to watch the stuff for free), and technically the videos are on time(the Vessel videos are just early). I don't mind Vessel as a concept, I just think the execution was complete crap(Vessel peeps: Tone down the interface pls).

SNIP

I cant seem to find this video on vessel... or maybe I am just blind (ive not used it before now even though I signed up for an account, as I dont really like the website)

Not everything linus has to review has to be 100% hardware, honestly there is NOTHING NEW out for him to review, no new GPUs, no new CPUs (except that 18 core) 

What is he meant to unbox the same motherboard every day or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's not all they do. They aren't ad supported, so your subscription is what pays for the whole thing(and this is the reason why you have to log in). Vessel also isn't open for everybody to upload things, so it really focuses on quality content, which separates it from services like Youtube which has tons of crap on it. At least the videos can be viewed for free on YouTube(Instead of going the route of Drive+, where only pirates got to watch the stuff for free), and technically the videos are on time(the Vessel videos are just early). I don't mind Vessel as a concept, I just think the execution was complete crap(Vessel peeps: Tone down the interface pls).

I hate the idea. Especially for a channel that does unboxings and reviews, how can you lock that behind a pay wall it makes negative amount of sense.  -_-

Spoiler

Trying not to hate on you,you are the only guy i trust when it comes to hardware reviews.

I'm disappointed that more people don't know about Anandtech and Techreport.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It was something I thought was great, since I travel so much, I own a fair bit of ScottEVest gear and was surprised and happy to see them come up on Linus' channel. 

I'm disappointed that more people don't know about Anandtech and Techreport.

BY that i mean video reviews

I cant seem to find this video on vessel... or maybe I am just blind (ive not used it before now even though I signed up for an account, as I dont really like the website)

Not everything linus has to review has to be 100% hardware, honestly there is NOTHING NEW out for him to review, no new GPUs, no new CPUs (except that 18 core) 

What is he meant to unbox the same motherboard every day or something

I cant post it here since it would be considered a leak and a COC infringement but it will come out soon on youtube. Yes there isn't new hardware out but he could do like handy tech or a vlog maybe or even some psu's or some super nice headphones or online services etc Clothing is just too much.

I cant post it here since it would be considered a leak and a COC infringement but it will come out soon on youtube. Yes there isn't new hardware out but he could do like handy tech or a vlog maybe or even some psu's or some super nice headphones or online services etc Clothing is just too much.

How is it a leak/against COC.. if its a video on Linus' own vessel channel I dont see why posting the link would be an issue

I was just on his vessel channel but didn't see anything, strange

Honestly a one off video about clothing, is not much to be annoyed at, if he was doing it weekly then that would be an issue, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii