GOG.com is the only legitimate source of our games (The Witcher 3)

zMeul

source: GoG.com Twitter

there's just nothing more to say about this .. it basically sais that these

are a scam ?!?!  :blink:

---

edited: added more stores that sell either their version (DRM) of the game, or straight up GoG.com / Galaxy redeemable keys

Edited by colonel_mortis
Changed it to use the built in tweet embedding system

Amazon's the devil!

AMAZON? STEAM IS!! quick spend all your steam credit and never go back!@

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

#shotsfired #steamisascammer

what? it doesn't say anything about the witcher 3?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

People please, check your reading comprehension.

That is GOG saying that the only legitimate place to get GOG edition games (their installer, their compatibility patches and DRM-free) is from GOG.com. They did not say "GOG is the only store which sells The Witcher 3 legitimately".

If you see a "Zeus Master of Olympus GOG edition" game on some site that isn't GOG, then it's a scam. That's all they are saying.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Lol?!?!?!?!

People please, check your reading comprehension.

That is GOG saying that the only legitimate place to get GOG edition games (their installer, their compatibility patches and DRM-free) is from GOG.com. They did not say "GOG is the only store which sells The Witcher 3 legitimately".

Actually they did, Steam and GMG are resellers.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Lol?!?!?!?!

Actually they did, Steam and GMG are resellers.

Steam does not sell the same version as the one on GOG. On Steam it has DRM and uses a different installer.

Greenman Gaming is selling a GOG key so that seems to not be a genuine reseller. They might have just gotten a hold of a bunch of GOG keys and are not selling them.

Steam does not sell the same version as the one on GOG. On Steam it has DRM and uses a different installer.

Greenman Gaming is selling a GOG key so that seems to not be a genuine reseller. They might have just gotten a hold of a bunch of GOG keys and are not selling them.

That's irrelevant, their statement is absolute.

"Gog.com is the only way to get our games, we've authorised no other resellers"

Steam is a reseller, so is GMG. Both sell the game so according to that statement both Steam & GMG are unauthorised to resell TW3.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That's irrelevant, their statement is absolute.

"Gog.com is the only way to get our games, we've authorised no other resellers"

Steam is a reseller, so is GMG. Both sell the game so according to that statement both Steam & GMG are unauthorised to resell TW3.

The Witcher 3 isn't exactly "our game" though. "Our games" in this case refers to the GOG edition of games.

The Witcher 3 isn't exactly "our game" though. "Our games" in this case refers to the GOG edition of games.

Err, you do realise CDP owns Gog, right?

Amazon is selling the GOG version of Witcher 3 as well. So unless you are going to accuse the largest etailer on the planet of selling non-authorized keys....

Lost like 10 IQ points just reading the dumb assumptions in the first half of this thread. Like @LAwLz pointed out, "our games" when referring to gog.com refers to their installer middleware. IT'S FREAKING OBVIOUS.

Irrelevant. CD Projekt (publisher) owns two things: CD Project Red (developer) and GOG.com (distributor). That doesn't work recursively, GOG.com doesn't own anything. BASIC CONGLOMERATE STRUCTURE.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Lost like 10 IQ points just reading the dumb assumptions in the first half of this thread. Like @LAwLz pointed out, "our games" when referring to gog.com refers to their installer middleware. IT'S FREAKING OBVIOUS.

Irrelevant. CD Projekt (publisher) owns two things: CD Project Red (developer) and GOG.com (distributor). That doesn't work recursively, GOG.com doesn't own anything. BASIC CONGLOMERATE STRUCTURE.

knowing that, I will not be making the switch to GoG's new client.

Why? They downgraded a game that I might have played. Which I am now not going to play.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I know that. I don't see how that changes anything. CD Project, CD Project Red and GOG are 3 different companies, despite the former owning the latter. it wouldn't have been posted by the GOG Twitter account if they only meant The Witcher series, it would have been posted by CDRP's Twitter.

All games on GOG are special editions. They have their own installer and sometimes even patches. When GOG say "our games" I think it is pretty obvious that they refer to the GOG editions of games.

Amazon is selling the GOG version of Witcher 3 as well. So unless you are going to accuse the largest etailer on the planet of selling non-authorized keys....

That's pretty weird. Are you allowed to sell something without being authorized? If you are then Amazon might just be selling the game (legally) without the official approval of CDPR.

More info, it seems GMG and Amazon are both unauthorised to resell Gog keys...

The article only mentions GMG but I'm assured its the same for everyone selling a Gog key

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

According to buy.thewitcher3.com the only authorised resellers are Steam, Uplay & Origin.

I know that. I don't see how that changes anything. CD Project, CD Project Red and GOG are 3 different companies, despite the former owning the latter. it wouldn't have been posted by the GOG Twitter account if they only meant The Witcher series, it would have been posted by CDRP's Twitter.

All games on GOG are special editions. They have their own installer and sometimes even patches. When GOG say "our games" I think it is pretty obvious that they refer to the GOG editions of games.

That's pretty weird. Are you allowed to sell something without being authorized? If you are then Amazon might just be selling the game (legally) without the official approval of CDPR.

They're allowed to legally but no way would Amazon ever do it. Not when it would kill every publisher relationship they have. Amazon has put a lot of time and money into building their digital store and even forming a relationship with Sony to officially sell digital PS3 and PS4 games.

They're allowed to legally but no way would Amazon ever do it. Not when it would kill every publisher relationship they have. Amazon has put a lot of time and money into building their digital store and even forming a relationship with Sony to officially sell digital PS3 and PS4 games.

They have. See my above post.

More info, it seems GMG and Amazon are both unauthorised to resell Gog keys...

The article only mentions GMG but I'm assured its the same for everyone selling a Gog keyhttp://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-dev-disputes-39-witcher-3-promotion/1100-6427129/

According to buy.thewitcher3.com the only authorised resellers are Steam, Uplay & Origin.

VERY curious how this all started to pop up right after they launched their Galaxy cilent and not before.

Amazon.ca still has physical copies. So maybe this is solely for digital distribution? Although I don't understand why not let Amazon sell digital copies. 

Meh. All a bunch of malarky.