Dropped CLF bulb, now i'm scared?

Flight1sim

I dropped it 7 hours ago, on my Carpeted floor in my closet. It shattered in a few large pieces, but overall it was a small chunk that broke. I rushed the big piece to the dumpster outside, holding it with a plastic bag as a cover. I aired the room for 15 minutes with the window open, and i came back in with another bag-glove and took all the big pieces out. I then waited another hour, and came back to pick the puny bits out of the carpet (as well as i could) with carpet/duct tape. I feel there is still a few bits in the carpet, but that would be impossible to get out. 
Should i be worrieed? 

My window has been open the whole 7 hours. 

Also should I be okay sleeping in my room at night?

EDIT: it's also like a 4 or 5 year old bulb, so the mercury is supposed to take some time to become vapors, i'm fairly certain most, if not all mercury is gone. And if there's any left, i'm sure it's not enough to harm me.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I dropped it 7 hours ago, on my Carpeted floor in my closet. It shattered in a few large pieces, but overall it was a small chunk that broke. I rushed the big piece to the dumpster outside, holding it with a plastic bag as a cover. I aired the room for 15 minutes with the window open, and i came back in with another bag-glove and took all the big pieces out. I then waited another hour, and came back to pick the puny bits out of the carpet (as well as i could) with carpet/duct tape. I feel there is still a few bits in the carpet, but that would be impossible to get out. 

Should i be worrieed? 

Mercury is not dangerous, but it's vapor is.

If u see some mercury balls, call 911 (or what ever it is here), I would do that.

Just vacuum theese glass pieces.

Should be nothing bad still.

You are most likely okay, the amount of whatever gas in it is low, and since you aired out your room for a few hours, I'd say your'e good.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Should i be worrieed? 

EDIT: it's also like a 4 or 5 year old bulb, so the mercury is supposed to take some time to become vapors, i'm fairly certain most, if not all mercury is gone. And if there's any left, i'm sure it's not enough to harm me.

Should you be worried? You went over the top already, your fine..  :lol:

dude, i've broken bulbs before and just vaccumed it up. NBD

seems like an over reaction to me lol. Only thing to worry about is the glass really.

What happened to the good old days of people playing with things like lead and mercury without fear

Not that big of a deal, just vacuum the spot really well and it should be fine.

The little amount of mercury vapor in the bulbs isn't going to kill you from just breaking a single bulb, it's gonna take quite a few before you start having any actual problems from it.

(I've broken one before, though it was outside so it was pretty well ventilated, and I'm still here.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp

Special handling instructions for breakage are not printed on the packaging of household CFL bulbs in many countries. The amount of mercury released by one bulb can temporarily exceed U.S. federal guidelines for chronic exposure.[79][80] Chronic, however, implies exposure for a significant time, and it remains unclear what the health risks are from short-term exposure to low levels of elemental mercury.[80] Despite following EPA best-practice clean-up guidelines on broken CFLs, researchers were unable to remove mercury from carpet, and agitation of the carpet — such as by young children playing — created localized concentrations as high as 0.025 mg/m3 in air close to the carpet, even weeks after the initial breakage.[80]

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has published best practices for cleanup of broken CFLs, as well as ways to avoid breakage, on its web site.[81] It recommends airing out the room and carefully disposing of broken pieces in a jar. A Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) study of 2008 comparing clean-up methods warns that using plastic bags to store broken CFL bulbs is dangerous because vapors well above safe levels continue to leak from the bags. The EPA and the Maine DEP recommend a sealed glass jar as the best repository for a broken bulb.[82]

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ive heard your supposed to clean mercury up with cat/dog litter before. But there is so little if any actual visible liquid in a light bulb id say your fine.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I heard the best way to clean it up is with your tongue...

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

U gon die

Thanks Guys, I feel lalittle sleepy now, let tajtake naaa appp

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

as I have said in the other thread you'll probably get dosed with more mercury eating a couple cans of tuna than from the residual mercury in your room

also look at that wrestling match link those lunkheads are rolling around and eating it. I'm pretty sure the tubes have mercury like the bulbs.

- sniped -

Jesus ... You went overkill ... Overkill is good , you will live ... Also , good thing my house doesn't have carpets ... Or else it would be a bitch to clean glass shards up ... 

seems like an over reaction to me lol. Only thing to worry about is the glass really.

What happened to the good old days of people playing with things like lead and mercury without fear

* Eyes start twitching * ... 

If you want glass shards and mercury poisoning than I suggest you should use your tongue to clean everything ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

U gon be ded this time tomorrow!!1! But in all seriousness, your skin is a very good barrier, and after all that ventilating you'll be just fine.

you should use your tongue to clean everything ... 

.....That's what she said.

Sorry, I'll leave now.

I don't do signatures.

And me and my friends used to have sword fights with old CFL tubes in the backyard....

When did young people become so damned skittish? Granted we wore masks but still....one bulb aint gonna hurt you unless you eat it...

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And me and my friends used to have sword fights with old CFL tubes in the backyard....

When did young people become so damned skittish? Granted we wore masks but still....one bulb aint gonna hurt you unless you eat it...

I remember that my dad couldn't get a CFL tube in the big waste bin so he smashed it on the side and threw it in. He was wearing a mask though.

All good.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III