Bethesda Hires Guillermo Del Toro’s production On Fallout 4 Trailer

Valve 30%

Bethesda 45% 

Even if Valve was being greedy while Bethesda takes the majority percentage for nothing, Bethesda agreed to it in the first place. Agreeing to exploit such a huge portion of their community is a dick move and it truly shows how much they care about their community.

But Bethesda did make the original game, own the rights and assets so really them asking for some of the profit on based on their product is not that insane when people can stay out of legal trouble, although they could have taken a little less. I

That, or it's too damn expensive to licence.

Everyone's heard of Vera Lynn and that song, and even if they don't know Vera Lynn play them 10 seconds of that song and they'll know it.

Before Fallout, if you'd played 10 seconds of I don't want to set the World on Fire to a random gamer, they'ed have no idea what the song was

Good point.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

thats going to be a sick trailer, so lets hope the game is worthy of the fallout name!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

But Bethesda did make the original game, own the rights and assets so really them asking for some of the profit on based on their product is not that insane when people can stay out of legal trouble, although they could have taken a little less. I

I agree, Valve introduuced the idea, bethasda agreed. Valve wanted cash flow for doing nothing lol.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Can't wait :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

HYPE 

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

HYPE 

Then, Dissapointing game.

Ftfy

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

Yes!

Fallout 4... can't wait till it's officially announced.

Until Bethesda goes Gaben on the number 4.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Valve wanted cash flow for doing nothing lol.

They have that already.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Thing is that Bethesda is still one of the only publishers we can still trust. Also Tecmo Koei.

Even after that Skyrim mod fiasco on steam? Were they not part of how the revenue was cut?

Thing is that Bethesda is still one of the only publishers we can still trust. Also Tecmo Koei.

No, we can't. The only thing we can trust in is the hype train - doesn't matter how good or bad a game turns out to be.

It hasn't even been announced and people are already freaking out....

How do you figure Tecmo? they released DOA in the condition its in as a finished product.

And Bethesda is Meh at best, games wise.

My bet is GameByro under a new new name

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I honestly wouldn't care if it was Bethesda sex toys that did it, I'd still have no respect for Bethesda as a whole.

That would be Zenimax Studios then as they own all of Bethesda's various departments.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Even after that Skyrim mod fiasco on steam? Were they not part of how the revenue was cut?

Most people don't play Fallout for the mods but for the game itself. Just shows how great the game is.

How do you figure Tecmo? they released DOA in the condition its in as a finished product.

And Bethesda is Meh at best, games wise.

My bet is GameByro under a new new name

Their Warriors games. You know... Their main series...

Their Warriors games. You know... Their main series...

aren't those ports usually rough too?

ive barely heard of warriors games so, yeah, i consider DOA and NG the main games they make.learn something every day then

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

That would be Zenimax Studios then as they own all of Bethesda's various departments.

Zenimax Studios developed the trashy TES Online, you mean ZeniMax Media Inc...

just a little Wikipedia fun fact 

ZeniMax Media was Co-founded in May 1999 by Bethesda Softworks founder Christopher Weaver and DC lawyerRobert A. Altman.[7] Weaver's vision was to use Bethesda Softworks as a hybrid-media company which would create cross-media properties for a diverse range of different platforms. Weaver brought Altman on board as CEO, contributing his stock in Bethesda Softworks so that the new shell company, named ZeniMax Media, would be able to obtain funding. Weaver served initially as Chief Technology Officer of the company from 1999-2002, then moved to a non-operational role in 2002.

Zenimax Studios developed the trashy TES Online, you mean ZeniMax Media Inc...

Lol, company inside a company inside a company. Its like a Russian nesting doll.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Given the costs of production of these large expansive games, I am unsure that the move to hire  Del Toro's production company is wise, at least from a costs perspective. I do understand the need or the wanting to have a professional cinematic level trailer when creating such a large budget game. 

Most people don't play Fallout for the mods but for the game itself. Just shows how great the game is.

I am one of those people, its more about how the "trust" and not the specifics. Whether you use mods or not, the "trust" you spoke of has to have been violated at least a little. I don't really "trust" companies, but in the same vein I do respect some more than others. The part they played didn't erode too much respect, but they did lose some.

I want to get hyped up for FO4 but.... You know... Who has any respect for Bethesda any more? 

Haven't read the entire thread and someone probably already chewed you out, but none the less:

You know... who has any respect for you anymore? You know, 'cause you made that mistake that one time...? Yeah, that one.