Microsoft Might Upgrade the Xbox One's Hardware

EChondo

Remove kinect as mandatory, remove it from the package, knock $100+ off, offer kinect as a optional peripheral for people who like gimmicks.

Also allow support for 360 headsets and controllers, which is more than likely just software blocks to stop them from working to make more $$$.

Include a headset in the package.

Remove mandatory installs and allow disc's to be played from the drive, possibly upgrade the hard drive as-well, 500gb is laughable.

All the things they should of done in the first place.

No amount of back pedaling is going to save them now though, they most likely will still beat PS4 in overall sales though, people who don't care will far outnumber people who do.

1. No than it won't be utilized like the 360 version and be a waste for people who do buy it. This way it can be in more homes and be worth it to make something for it or make use of it.

2. Of course they want money, they have to make the products profitable and accessories are a large portion of that income.

3. Yes they do need to include a headset with the console. No mic is going to make it be like ps3 online where no one talks because they don't want to buy a mic.

4. Mandatory installs allow for a much smoother game play and faster loading times, I always install my games. The 500gb HDD is a problem though. They really do need a 1TB-2TB model.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

1. No than it won't be utilized like the 360 version and be a waste for people who do buy it. This way it can be in more homes and be worth it to make something for it or make use of it.

2. Of course they want money, they have to make the products profitable and accessories are a large portion of that income.

3. Yes they do need to include a headset with the console. No mic is going to make it be like ps3 online where no one talks because they don't want to buy a mic.

4. Mandatory installs allow for a much smoother game play and faster loading times, I always install my games. The 500gb HDD is a problem though. They really do need a 1TB-2TB model.

1.  Its a gimmick though and many people don't want a camera watching them all the time that they can't turn off.  Also not everyone has a massive living room needed to make the kinect function properly.

2.  People have spent a fortune on special controllers for the 360, and they can't use them, thats wrong.

3.  They want you to use the kinect to talk, so a headset isn't needed, but they still need to include one.

4.  Sure they do.....but if they don't increase the HDD size they need to offer drive playing as an option, because 500gb is going to be filled very fast.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

They probably mean hdd side, not ram or gpu or anything major. I remember a while ago that Sony said the ps4 wouldn't happen.. And that it would be augmented with additional hardware.... Funny how things really turn out.. Maybe Sony were trolling and M$ took the bait.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Remove kinect as mandatory, remove it from the package, knock $100+ off, offer kinect as a optional peripheral for people who like gimmicks.

Also allow support for 360 headsets and controllers, which is more than likely just software blocks to stop them from working to make more $$$.

Include a headset in the package.

Remove mandatory installs and allow disc's to be played from the drive, possibly upgrade the hard drive as-well, 500gb is laughable.

All the things they should of done in the first place.

No amount of back pedaling is going to save them now though, they most likely will still beat PS4 in overall sales though, people who don't care will far outnumber people who do.

I love how everybody is complaining about there not being a headset bundled with the Xbox but have these people seen the PS4 "headset"? It's just earphones with a microphone on them, not even earphones just an earphone. I'm still buying the Xbox One but the stuff you mentioned in the first few sentences would be a nice change to the Xbox One.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I love how everybody is complaining about there not being a headset bundled with the Xbox but have these people seen the PS4 "headset"? It's just earphones with a microphone on them, not even earphones just an earphone. I'm still buying the Xbox One but the stuff you mentioned in the first few sentences would be a nice change to the Xbox One.

Something is better than nothing.

Also, you can use PS3 headsets with the PS4, but you can't use Xbox 360 headsets with the Xbox One.

1.  Its a gimmick though and many people don't want a camera watching them all the time that they can't turn off.  Also not everyone has a massive living room needed to make the kinect function properly.

2.  People have spent a fortune on special controllers for the 360, and they can't use them, thats wrong.

3.  They want you to use the kinect to talk, so a headset isn't needed, but they still need to include one.

4.  Sure they do.....but if they don't increase the HDD size they need to offer drive playing as an option, because 500gb is going to be filled very fast.

1. Don't want a camera that's watching them, has a phone with 2 cameras and a microphone. I don't get this argument.

2. Yes it does suck, but to be expected.

3. I don't know how that would work because if it is over your TV than it would be picking up noise from your tv or home theatre all the time since it is close to them.

4. Yes

That's the same as the 360 head set. You know if they were to include a nice headset it would just increase the price or if they were to keep the price the same it would be a really crappy headset. It isn't suppose to be for sound from the game just voice. 

All they have to do is remove the Kinect and they will sell more units.

I think the fact that it is sold out on most sites would say differently.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Doesn't matter what they upgrade, if they keep pulling the same stunts they'll soon be irrelevant. They should upgrade their PR plan.

I don't think anything Microsoft does will help the Xbox One. As this thread shows, there are already too many PS4 fanboys who have already declared it the winner over the "Xbone" and continually give flak for whatever MS says/does. Sony was so lucky Microsoft's PR sucked, honestly if I were the head of Sony I would stop all advertisements of the PS4 and save money because everyone is going to buy their console anyways.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I don't think anything Microsoft does will help the Xbox One. As this thread shows, there are already too many PS4 fanboys who have already declared it the winner over the "Xbone" and continually give flak for whatever MS says/does. Sony was so lucky Microsoft's PR sucked, honestly if I were the head of Sony I would stop all advertisements of the PS4 and save money because everyone is going to buy their console anyways.

What Microsoft did made ME want to buy a PS4...and I don't even like consoles! XD

1. Don't want a camera that's watching them, has a phone with 2 cameras and a microphone. I don't get this argument.

2. Yes it does suck, but to be expected.

3. I don't know how that would work because if it is over your TV than it would be picking up noise from your tv or home theatre all the time since it is close to them.

4. Yes

1.  A phone is either looking at the ceiling, the floor or your pocket for the majority of its life, also I don't have a fancy phone so my phone only see's my feet or the inside of my pocket, it also doesn't have a microphone, a kinect is looking at far more.

2.  How is it to be expected? its just software blocks put there on purpose.

3.  I dunno either but they said the kinect is what you will use to talk to people.

4.  and ok...

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I really dont understand many of everyones problems with the xbox one, its a console not a pc are they really doing anything different than they did in the past?

Also about kinect do you know why their including it? Their includidng it so that every console will have one, that way developers will actually program their games to use it because they know everyone has one. The kinect hardware especailly the new one can do some amazing stuff. The reason only gimmik games only really came out for it was that when they made a game comparible with kinect they targeted the audiance that bought kinect to play games based on kinnect not game games they liked that integrated kinect features. The other reason why not many normal games had kinect features was that only a small percentage of the people that owned a xbox owned a kinect so it they anded features that used kinect everyone who didnt have one would either piss and moan that they couldn't use the features or had to go buy a kinect to use said features.

1.  A phone is either looking at the ceiling, the floor or your pocket for the majority of its life, also I don't have a fancy phone so my phone only see's my feet or the inside of my pocket, it also doesn't have a microphone, a kinect is looking at far more.

3.  I dunno either but they said the kinect is what you will use to talk to people.

4.  and ok...

1. for the most part yes but it still has those features.

2. expected because it has always been that way. original xbox controllers don't work on the 360 nor do the ps2 controllers work on the ps3

3. yes

4. mmh kay

From what I've seen the Xbox One has been doing better on preorders, than the PS4, ever since the DRM removal. I could be wrong.

Back from the dead....

it would be amazing if they had sata3 and ssd in xbox one 

You do realise the HDDs in the xbox 360 are Sata3 right? You can literally take out the drive and use it in a pc with any sata power cable+ sata 6gbps cable.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I doubt it, unless they increase some clock speeds.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

For everyone saying remove the Kinect and upgrade it, or remove it and sell it at a lower price, I have to say I would hate it if Microsoft did this. Yeah it may reduce the price or increase performance, but you would remove everything they are trying to do with it, such as motion gaming, voice commands, video chating, and gestures. I personally like the Kinect, yeah I just said the forbidden 5 words. I'm looking forward to what developers do with this hated technology. Try to remember that this is trying to be as initiative as something like the 360 degree treadmill thing that Linus and Slick checked out a while ago that I can't remember the name of for the life of it. Again give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. They have proven to be able to make two good consoles that have been very popular, I think the third one will be the best, hence the saying third times the charm.

Back from the dead....

You do realise the HDDs in the xbox 360 are Sata3 right? You can literally take out the drive and use it in a pc with any sata power cable+ sata 6gbps cable.

nop the hdd's in xbox360's not even sata2 not sure about the interface though

this is the harddrive used: http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Hitachi-Travelstar-5K500-B-HTS545025B9A300-250-GB-Internal-5400-RPM-2-5-0A57912-Hard-Drive-/82928812

these are the photos

http://imgur.com/GtkT9h4.jpeg

http://i.imgur.com/cE6gPCl.jpg

so far i checked almost 10 xbox 360s 250gigs harddrive and yet none of the ones came from factory was sata2

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

nop the hdd's in xbox360's not even sata2 not sure about the interface though

this is the harddrive used: http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Hitachi-Travelstar-5K500-B-HTS545025B9A300-250-GB-Internal-5400-RPM-2-5-0A57912-Hard-Drive-/82928812

these are the photos

http://imgur.com/GtkT9h4.jpeg

http://i.imgur.com/cE6gPCl.jpg

so far i checked almost 10 xbox 360s 250gigs harddrive and yet none of the ones came from factory was sata2

They used too much a variety for anything specific apparently but you may be right on the SATA I

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

They are SATA 2. It says "SATA 3.0Gb/s" right on the label. :huh:

Case: Fractal Design Define R3 | MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz | CPU Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: MSI R9 280X @ 1150/1700  | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600MHz | Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)

For everyone saying remove the Kinect and upgrade it, or remove it and sell it at a lower price, I have to say I would hate it if Microsoft did this. Yeah it may reduce the price or increase performance, but you would remove everything they are trying to do with it, such as motion gaming, voice commands, video chating, and gestures. I personally like the Kinect, yeah I just said the forbidden 5 words. I'm looking forward to what developers do with this hated technology. Try to remember that this is trying to be as initiative as something like the 360 degree treadmill thing that Linus and Slick checked out a while ago that I can't remember the name of for the life of it. Again give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. They have proven to be able to make two good consoles that have been very popular, I think the third one will be the best, hence the saying third times the charm.

Yes, but you're paying more for weaker hardware just because of it...if they made a SKU for those not interested in those features for cheaper than PS4 they would see a lot of success

It will be very interesting to see the sales patterns this Q4.  Platform launches are always fun to watch and not participate in.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

4.  and ok...

they said u can speak to people with kinect there is still going to be headsets!

Yes, but you're paying more for weaker hardware just because of it...if they made a SKU for those not interested in those features for cheaper than PS4 they would see a lot of success

however, i believe that the OS they've created for the xbox one has heavy integration of kinect, not like how it was for the 360. if they take the kinect out, you might as well use the same OS as the 360 had. I know that many people (including me) aren't interested in the kinect for gaming, but I am interested to see what other uses MS has for it. Also, personally, I do not feel threatened by it on a privacy level. I agree with what LonliestofAll said, why don't wait until the thing is released and see how it actually is? Same thing goes for the PS4. I don't understand/like the whole pre-ordering idea.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

they said u can speak to people with kinect there is still going to be headsets!

That you have to buy separate for a stupidly high price.