GTX 1080? What will they do?

REX.exe

So after the 900 ti series finally releases, Nvidia will have to think of a new series of GPUs. They could always go the easy route and go with the "1000" series. But, how stupid will it sound having a GTX 1080? This card will more than likely be able to handle 4k by itself aswell, so calling it the 1080 and 1080ti will just sound super stupid. Think of Lamborghini naming their next $10,000,000 car the "Corolla". 

So what do you think Nvidia will do? I sorta think they'll have to come up with a new series. Like the titan. Or maybe they'll just start releasing more budget-friendly titans? Not too sure. I have an AMD card anyway. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Hopefully the GTX1080 can play games at 60fps at more than 1080p.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

They'll probably get a new name. IDK

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

GTZ 180

GTY 180 first.

Or They'll do the GTXI 180? Considering they jumped from GT to GTX (X=10) ?

Maybe the 1080 will be a budget-friendly card?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

GTY 180 first.

Nek minute...

GTXIRZY 990 Ti

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Nek minute...

GTXIRZY 990 Ti

Introducing the New Nvidia PNY GTXI 180Ti DCU II.

It's funny how we don't even know if there will be any other 900 series cards, and you already want to speculate on what may come next... we're not magicians.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

nVidia iForce

Hipsters everywhere will rejoice. 

Maybe they'll go down the Microsoft route and just call everything the "one". GTX One. 

It's funny how we don't even know if there will be any other 900 series cards, and you already want to speculate on what may come next... we're not magicians.

Well, Pascal should be next, which should (theoretically) have a large jump in performance. I'm probably going to upgrade when it comes around, but it's hard to predict when Nvidia is going to release a card that basically makes its current flagship pointless xD

Perhaps it will be: GTX 1080p instead of a GTX 1080ti :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Milked to play 1080p only?

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

GTY 180 first.

Well, GT 640, GTX 660? They didn't really jump. Did I miss something here? I know something happened from GT 8800 to GTX (x60), but the jump from the lower end models of current graphics card were still GT's

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Milked to play 1080p only?

Wouldn't expect you to be on a Nvidia related topic.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Nah ... Let's just call it GTX Colossus ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

GT, GTS, GTX

nvidia pls GTR

Introducing the New Nvidia PNY GTXI 180Ti DCU II.

STRIX OC SUPER CLOCK WINDFORCE LIGHTING EDITION 69GB 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I haven't seen you for a while,that blue kid  :P

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

GTA 80?

Seriously tho, whats so bad about GTX1080? Apart from the marketing team that would go all crazy because it would sound like a 1080p card,...