What do you guys think of the new method for the livestream?

SoftwarePro

The format is coming along nicely, the call ins are much better than i thought...

Couple of niggles though from last night, someones skype was constantly pinging in the background, it got seriously annoying....

Audible typying during a couple of calls, if that is the caller typing, they should be cut off straight away, if not they need to find out who it is and mute them.

They really need someone there with them sorting out these things while the stream is on.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

This last live stream was one of the few that I was able to catch live, but after watching it for about 20 minutes, I actually turned it off. Between the live-callers (no offense to those who called in), and the hissing noise (apparently from Windspeed?), I felt the pacing of the show just drop to a crawl. I did go back to the archive today and watch the segment with Paul, so that was cool.

Yep, the back round is great but the sponsors and the live callers sort of detract from the actual news. Logan is also another great example of bumping up his production quality without looking like a sell-out. I just miss the ghetto feel, but it isn't Linus' fault. 

Yeah. To be honest i also liked the unboxings back at NCIX a little bit more. It seems like they can't really handle the FS700 perfectly yet. Also the lighting back at NCIX was much better. They really should get a bunch of neutral white lighting...

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

The WAN show is definitely a step in the right direction for LMG it just needs a bit more tweaking such as getting smoother call ins and once this is sorted it will be a lot more professional than the live stream before.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Last night's Live Stream was ONLY THE SECOND time they've use COMMS.

Good grief people, there's still going to be bugs to work out - where's your patience??  Of course, if callers were required to use PTT (Push to Talk - and apparently that means Windspeed too) that would eliminated the caller/op's background noise.

I think of it this way, what they've created is a visual radio program. (with no commercials)  Live callers can make or break the show, and after only 2 tries I think it's working.

I do wish there was more time to spend with Paul (@paulshardware), as it seemed that he was quickly dismissed from the show.  Perhaps in the future, or with upcoming guests there will be an idea/flow chart of topic's to talk about,that he's made aware of,  not just simply being treated (in a way) as the next caller to discus where we are in the list of things to talk about.

Personally I enjoy the live call in feature, yet I do think that a 'call screen-er' needs to be in place.  Someone that is 'talking via voice' to the next potential live caller.  When Linus asks for the next caller, the screen er moves him into the channel.

As for the WAN, I like it.  After all, however it came to be, we all are part of this.  Wide Area Network = LTT Forums, I think it fits well.

The after show is simply fun.  As an "After Show" should be.  What do you do when you get off work, stand around in the parking lot and talk shop for 2 more hours?  Naw, you go have fun, take a couple friends and enjoy the rest of the day.  Sure there may be some shop talk tossed in, and that alright, the day's over.  Friday's Here, Have a can of Beer!!!

To me the livecallers should either be cut or "screened in a room before the stream (for example making sure they don't have a mic that picks up a bunch of static and make sure their typing is not picked up on the keyboard (Basically a mod would check to see if they are livestr- I mean WAN show ready and tell them what to do when they join the channel) 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

I think they've got good ideas, with the call-ins and such, but they're trying to pack too much stuff into one stream with no order. Was interested in what they were saying about having shows on different days, but a thought I had was to split the friday streams into distinct sections. So for instance:

0:00 - 0:30 - News

0:30 - 0:45 - Call-in reaction to news/Special guests

0:45 - 1:00 - Twitter Q&A/General Chat

1:00 - 1:30 - Call-in questions

1:30 - 2:00 - Any other stuff (build logs, competitions, offers etc.)

Then the afterparty. Would look really professional, and could get really popular. Might even get picked up by a local network.

Wait... Is this turning into the plotline from Wayne's World? :unsure:

The after show is simply fun.  As an "After Show" should be.  What do you do when you get off work, stand around in the parking lot and talk shop for 2 more hours?  Naw, you go have fun, take a couple friends and enjoy the rest of the day.  Sure there may be some shop talk tossed in, and that alright, the day's over.  Friday's Here, Have a can of Beer!!!

Well i would rather see them drinking a couple beers and talking bullshit then gaming some random (S)NES game which is neither technically, storywise or visually fun to watch.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I've been watching since the very first livestream and I honestly when it was just Linus talking about the tech it seemed more personal at the time. Then Slick entered and I feel that they kinda drifted off course a lot (playing around) but not so much anymore like they use to. I feel that Linus and Slick do make a great team and so far they're doing a kick ass job. The whole calling in doesn't really bother me but the lack of the original twitter q and a feels wrong to me. Since the live calls came in twitter q and a has been virtually non existent I do however like the blitz style of the twitter q and a kudos on that, no more waisting 10mins on 1 twitter question. The show name doesn't bother me, Linus stated that the name would change.

The afterparty with Super Mario World was awesome I could watch that for hours then the games changed to hockey and I'm like this is terrible. Sorry but watching 16bit hockey gaming just make me want to grab my gun and blow my brains OUT!!!!

All in all keep up the good work guys and don't forget about Twitter!!!

~Peace~

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

They should ditch the live callers except when a "celebrity" calls in. Revert the name to the livestream, WAN show sounds silly.

Does WAN stand for Wide Area Network? I missed the first 20 minutes of the stream.

I also agree with the first point. Most people have terrible microphones. The only one I remember having a good microphone was the ringtone guy, and that was because he had a blue snowball.

Does WAN stand for Wide Area Network? I missed the first 20 minutes of the stream.

I also agree with the first point. Most people have terrible microphones. The only one I remember having a good microphone was the ringtone guy, and that was because he had a blue snowball.

Doesn't "The WAN Show" sound silly, regardless of what it stands for?  :wacko:

Doesn't "The WAN Show" sound silly, regardless of what it stands for?  :wacko:

That too.

So im not the only one slightly against the new method? 

Do you guys agree that it was almost like they were acting for the whole thing and not being themselves?

That's what I was thinking

I think Razer-Comm should be limited to the weekly special guest. It was fun having Paul from NewEgg call in. Not so fun listening to EACH user calling in ask "can you hear me?" with the majority so far with shitty mics. I feel it disrupts the flow of the show, having to bounce around topics when a caller is expected, but is not there. Delays...

I think having callers on a separate show might be better and keep the original Livestream the way it is with maybe a special guest caller once in awhile.

My .02

I think Razer-Comm should be limited to the weekly special guest. It was fun having Paul from NewEgg call in. Not so fun listening to EACH user calling in ask "can you hear me?" with the majority so far with shitty mics. I feel it disrupts the flow of the show, having to bounce around topics when a caller is expected, but is not there. Delays...

I think having callers on a separate show might be better and keep the original Livestream the way it is with maybe a special guest caller once in awhile.

My .02

I don't mind the callers but they need to plan it out, and hope that the caller isn't going say, "Can you hear me" after they already said go ahead and talk ....

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I don't mind the gaming on the afterparty, but single player games would be better, since one person can do twitter Q&A at the same time. Watching mario was a lot of fun.

I still want them to play Deus Ex. It was like $2 on the steam sale, before Steam crashed for the 40th time.

I don't mind the gaming on the afterparty, but single player games would be better, since one person can do twitter Q&A at the same time.

I still want them to play Deus Ex. It was like $2 on the steam sale, before Steam crashed for the 40th time.

Would that not get confusing and some what annoying for the people who are focused on either thing ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I really don't like the live callee thing at all. Twitter was and is a better way for community interaction. The live call option should only for conferencing in other people in the industry like Logan, Paulshardware, etc.

I miss the old livestream style when slick first joined it with his busted arm and I really miss the old solo Linus livestream days....or as I called it Linustream

I personally think the live call-ins will add to the show once they can get the transitions a bit smoother however it is basically a brand new thing for them and so I think it's only fair that we give it a couple of weeks to get sorted before we complain about the call-ins.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

I personally think the live call-ins will add to the show once they can get the transitions a bit smoother however it is basically a brand new thing for them and so I think it's only fair that we give it a couple of weeks to get sorted before we complain about the call-ins.

To me much of the topics in the livestream are on the forum. If I wanted to hear the community's opinion on it I would look to the forum. When I watch the stream I want to hear Linus and slicks take on the subject. Having the call in and twitter both take time away from Linus and slick actually putting forth their opinions. Twitter is better because they can power through a bunch of questions in the time it would take to do a single call in.

To me much of the topics in the livestream are on the forum. If I wanted to hear the community's opinion on it I would look to the forum. When I watch the stream I want to hear Linus and slicks take on the subject. Having the call in and twitter both take time away from Linus and slick actually putting forth their opinions. Twitter is better because they can power through a bunch of questions in the time it would take to do a single call in.

That is a fair point but for many people it is a big thing to be able to interact with Linus and Slick like this, although it is perhaps not so enjoyable for those listening I do think it is a great medium for more personal interaction with the community.

I really liked the new setup. It felt more like a tech show. The live callers help give a perspective of what the masses think. It can use some work, such as muting the chat so that the moderator or static wont be heard. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Here is my opinion. My opinion is somewhat different, but try to understand me.

I absolutely love the new WAN show. It seems more professional than ever before. However, I do think improvements can be made.

Two shows:  I think there should be two versions of the WAN show. One on Friday, and one on Saturday. The Friday one can include the news and not feature any interaction with the viewers. The show on Saturday could include only interaction with the viewers . 30 mins of twitter, then 60 mins of calls (or something similar). Each show would have a afterparty which would be about 1 hour.

Afterparty: I think this has gone downhill. Big time. I don't know what can be changed, but the games aren't cutting it for me. I find myself not enjoying the afterparty at all anymore. It used to be my favorite part of the livestream, but now it is my least favorite part.

Anyway, that is my opinion. It might be a great idea, or it might be garbage. But that is just what I think.

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

The only thing I don't care for is the live call in, Twitter is better. [unless it's a special guest].

Would also like to see the stream bumped back up to 1080p.

I loved it

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS: