What do you guys think of the new method for the livestream?

SoftwarePro

They talked about how they plan on dividing the stream up into separate streams at separate times which is what I think would make the most people happy. They should have a: classic livestream where Linus and Slick cover tech news topics(and opinions about those topics), Q and A tech/everything show(using Comms and Twitter), and a game streaming show where they are totally unprofessional and silly (tech/pop and viewer interaction should share the spotlight 50/50 with gaming. Like everyone else, just how I would like it.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the viewer call-ins. I feel people can make their arguments better in text form. 

I do really like the special guests (Paul this week). Maybe we can have them on for the whole show? Or at least longer than the length of time Paul was on for...

Absolutely NOT a fan of the new name!  

I do like the new set, seeing a bit more color in the back is nice. I miss the DIY feel of Linus' garage, but of course we're not going back to that/ 

I agree with Windspeed about the after party; I've actually stopped watching them recently. 

To me if you wanted a yes or no answer, it would be no - I don't like it. My biggest gripe about it would be the call ins and the influence they have on the show both in terms of flow and then time management. I understand that the call in system is in its infancy however to me at least audience call ins seem to disrupt the flow of the show. I am certainly all for the calls from other 'celebrities' such as Paul yesterday and possibly Logan next week however they know what they are talking about and how to keep the flow of a show going. Now I'm not saying that everyone else is stupid but if you look at the fluidness of the call with Paul yesterday versus some of the other calls from audience members, hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to get at.

What's been discussed here previously in this thread is sort of what I mean as far as time management. With Twitter, Linus and Slick are able to get through a large number of questions very very quickly whereas with the call ins, things are again sluggish and again not flowing well with the show.

My final issue would be with the new after party. The after party as I remembered it used to be for semi-off topic discussion from the two of them regarding things they found interesting over the last week. Lately however it has purely become ancient video games. 

Just my 2 cents.

Well said. My thoughts are exactly the same as yours. The highlight for me during last night's WAN was when Linus and Slick surprised all of us with Paul calling in. I'm a big fan of Newegg and NeweggTV and had no idea Paul and Kyle had their own tech channels! Personally, having surprise special guests from the YouTube community call in is a great idea and would benefit the show much more than having community members call in. Wouldn't it be cool if one day a couple YouTubers call in and have a discussion panel? That would be interesting and would totally make me drop everything I was doing on Fridays at 4:30PM to tune in live.

Edit:

I also wanted to add, in regards to the After Party. I tuned in for the first time last night and I didn't last 5 mins. Primarily because my attention had already moved on and I ran out spare time. Linus/Slick, you already do a ton of work on Friday evenings with the show. You guys should be enjoying the rest of your Friday nights off!

Only thing I am not keen on is the callers.  I think its a great concept but the callers from the last two shows....... just are not very good.  They have not brought anything to the table.  That is not Linus or slicks fault its frankly the simple reality that people that want that interaction are usually geeking over talking to people they are fans of rather than bringing something worth while to the table.  

Everything else about the show is fine.  They both have interesting takes on whats happening in tech and its fun to watch.  Linus sometimes gets a little creepy and Slick should talk to HR though (thats a joke for all you kids that have no idea how to spot a joke :P )

Yeah, not a fan of the viewer call ins at all.  I literally almost left the past couple live shows because how slow it was.  The pros don't really outweigh the cons for me.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I really like the new branding of the show and I thought it looked very nice with the background.

My only complaint is that there is too many calls being taken* and Twitter seems to be getting forgotten nearly.

* I don't like the way they have it set up to take calls just now. IMO, there should be four or five "live" channels/groups where one caller sits in each, that way there is always a caller to switch to straight away if there is problems with the one they are trying to take.

I am not a huge fan of how the livestream has evolved.

-The call ins:

I don't think the the live callers have been very helpful so far and having this feature is just a waste of time. I believe that the audience input doesn't matter during the live stream because, and I only speak for my self and not anybody else, I watch the stream for Linus' and Slick's opinions, if I wanted to know the opinions of the viewers I would just ask on the forum.

- The name:

I don't like it for some reason, I think calling it the Livestream or just linustechtips stream would have been better.

- Afterparty Games:

I honestly dislike the games It is not that I dislike the games really but more that I don't get the games, if that makes any sense. during the afterparty, part of the reason could be that I am only 14 and these games are from way before I was even born. Also I used to think that the afterparty was great because we could listen to Linus ramble on about random topics, but now the games have kind of taken the place of that.

Basically I would like to see the livestream return to the older, more unprofessional, state that it used to be in.

"No signature"

I totally agree with the above posters thoughts on the afterparty. I'm 22 so it's not the games that's being played, but it was better just having Linus and Slick ramble on.

I totally agree with the above posters thoughts on the afterparty. I'm 22 so it's not the games that's being played, but it was better just having Linus and Slick ramble on.

Yup I'm 24 and yes I do love the retro games but I watch the stream to listen to Linus and slick go back and forth and the hilarity and entertainment ensues. I want to see their personality and not just them focused on the game.

Even with the actual stream, it's so organized that it feels unnatural sometimes. I want to see more banter between them. Maybe even less topics. I'd rather them go in depth about 5 topics than them just touch upon 10. Thats what separates them from someone like teksyndicate. Logan powers through topics in his show but doesn't really go in depth. Linus and slick used to go deeper back in the old stream days.

On further tought maybe a 3 segment show would be nice.

1. News & Announcements + some Twitter Q&A to set the stage. (Keep it professional for the sponsors and such)

2. Discussion Panel with a couple of topics, maybe start it off with interesting live calls, announce the topics in the first panel, select a few good callers or celebs (something like the old afterparty, maybe even cut somewehere in the middle if you want to keep the 2 part format "show"+"afterparty") Get in depth!

3. Afterparty -> do whatever you feel like, altho i would like even more discussions, if there are some good ones in the second panel i could even live with tuning out and letting you play games

For time management. Maybe do something like

1. 3/4 - 1h

2. 1 - 1 1/2h

3. ~ (whatever you feel like doing at the time)

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I really dislike the callers

even the 'important' ones, i always watch the archive and i try to skip over them.

but if you keep talking to a important one for over half an hour that is hard to do.

I mean, i don't know who last one even was

And who was Logan again and why are people jizzing over him?

But i wouldn't mind a moderator joining the conversation, atleast they know what they are talking about

and 'Weekly Analysis and News'? come on guys, you can do better than that.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I really like the new setup, although they should continue experimenting with lighting and such.

The callers generally just agree with Linus and Slick which makes it dull and boring. I enjoyed it when they ranted about something (like Slick and Starcraft)

But i wouldn't mind a moderator joining the conversation, atleast they know what they are talking about

I agree with Mozoa, they should get active forum members/moderators onto the live stream (like Windspeed36, he seems to know what he's talking about, and maybe someone from the Intel Response Squad) so long as they know what they're talking about.

And the afterparty, IMO, was much better when they rambled on about whatever interested them. Although if they want to play games that's up to them I just won't be watching it.

Edit: Does anyone know if the "WAN Show" name is set in stone or if they'll change it if they think of a better one?

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

I enjoyed it when they ranted about something (like  

I agree with Mozoa, they should get active forum members/moderators onto the live stream (like Windspeed36, he seems to know what he's talking about, and maybe someone from the Intel Response Squad) so long as they know what they're talking about.

You could kill two birds with one stone :P

Why did I only just think of this? Have TimmyTechTV on the stream?

I agree with you on most of your opinions but on the Twitter Q and A I like the idea of the blitz. Linus and Slick have a tendency to go into a huge explanation about a Twitter comment that sometimes went into a 10min conversation with each other which lead to another conversation. Then finally back to Twitter Q and A.

Far enough. Okay not that long of a conversation per topic but more than currently I think. 

They should increase the twitter blitz time from 5 minutes, but maintain relatively (or slightly longer) replies.

My main problem is the viewer call ins (due to it distrupting the flow of the livestream), however the celebrity guests is fine. I also understand that the call ins are in the early stage and will get better with time, as people learn to use comms better, etc. However I'm still not a fan of the entire concept, answering questions proposed by linus on twitter I feel was significantly better. Also the lack of content and interesting topics compared to previous livestreams.

Apart from that, love the show guys.

i was very impressed by the last WAN show

great questions

lovely lighting

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I like the live call in. I just don't like it when you get EVERY. SINGLE. ONE of them asking 'can you hear me'. Some people also need to get a better mic.Maybe a mod can go in the waiting room can cherry pick the people with the best topics. I didn't like the first week because most of the people where asking stupid questions That could of been answered by a simple google search. And no offence, Some of the people just have an annoying stereotypical nerdy voice that is just plain irritating to listen to. I don't like the new afterparty though. The games are just boring to watch. Maybe if they played newer games like on the game cube or wii. I personally couldn't care less what they call the show. I will still, always call it the live stream. Just like my mom doesn't care what the console is called, she will still always call it a nintendo. e.g I'm playing ps3 she will tell 'GET OFF THE NINTENDO AND DO SOME CHORES'

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

imho my opinion.

RIP in peace bro.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

* I don't like the way they have it set up to take calls just now. IMO, there should be four or five "live" channels/groups where one caller sits in each, that way there is always a caller to switch to straight away if there is problems with the one they are trying to take.

+1. This. They should also have a screening where they check if there mic quality is decent enough. Most of the people are also just agreeing with linus and slick. This is what makes radio interesting. You get people that view it from a different angle

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Can we get a poll up @Windspeed36 ? I want to see what most of the community actually thinks

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Far enough. Okay not that long of a conversation per topic but more than currently I think. 

They should increase the twitter blitz time from 5 minutes, but maintain relatively (or slightly longer) replies.

I agree that it should be more then 5mins as well. 

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

My two cents about the Afterparty:

Is it really our place to whine about it and tell Linus and Slick what they should and shouldn't do during it? It's not part of the show.

I view the Afterparty as a time where Linus and Slick get to do whatever the hell they want on camera. It's just chill time for them, and if the viewers have nothing better to do after the show, they can just chill out and watch.

I've never really just sat and watched the Afterparty. I leave it on in the background and listen while I'm doing other things, flipping back to the tab every few minutes or so. Yeah, sometimes I'll watch a game through for 15-20 minutes, but I don't expect to sit there for 3 hours and have Linus and Slick try to engage me the whole time. It's not the show.

And there are plenty of great moments in the Afterparty still. Linus's whole thing about older games not making any sense was hilarious.

So that's my take on it.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

My two cents about the Afterparty:

Is it really our place to whine about it and tell Linus and Slick what they should and shouldn't do during it? It's not part of the show.

I view the Afterparty as a time where Linus and Slick get to do whatever the hell they want on camera. It's just chill time for them, and if the viewers have nothing better to do after the show, they can just chill out and watch.

I've never really just sat and watched the Afterparty. I leave it on in the background and listen while I'm doing other things, flipping back to the tab every few minutes or so. Yeah, sometimes I'll watch a game through for 15-20 minutes, but I don't expect to sit there for 3 hours and have Linus and Slick try to engage me the whole time. It's not the show.

And there are plenty of great moments in the Afterparty still. Linus's whole thing about older games not making any sense was hilarious.

So that's my take on it.

Your right on some of your points but they are streaming live for a reason, they do want us to watch the Afterparty if they didn't they wouldn't stream it. So I think we can give them some constructive criticism if the viewers are a little unhappy. If that makes any sense  

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Your right on some of your points but they are streaming live for a reason, they do want us to watch the Afterparty if they didn't they wouldn't stream it. So I think we can give them some constructive criticism if the viewers are a little unhappy. If that makes any sense  

Yeah, I mean... yes, they expect people to watch it, but that's because they know people are going to watch it, regardless of what they do.

At least for the first few Afterparties, Linus would always say something along the lines of, "Wow, I can't believe a thousand people are still watching this."

Anyway, constructive feedback is just fine.  Nothing wrong with suggesting games to play or things to do.  But I feel those going on about how boring they think it is need to look at it from a different perspective than they do the actual show.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I miss the old stream. It seemed more professional. The live call idea was good in theory but it's failing.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman