What do you guys think of the new method for the livestream?

SoftwarePro

I think it would be better if they separated the live callers from the WAN show and had a separate show for live calls.

They are Linus posted details about it a few pages back

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Now I'm not saying that everyone else is stupid but if you look at the fluidness of the call with Paul yesterday versus some of the other calls from audience members, hopefully you'll understand what I'm trying to get at.

I'd say that's a pretty unfair comparison. I know a lot of people can get nervous speaking on something like a livestream, but the current way the show is set up, callers are basically expected to call in, say 1-2 lines and unceremoniously booted. If we had someone who was a little comfortable with speaking in front of an audience and given the proper amount of time to do so, it would be similar to how Paul's segment went.

Btw, I have no idea how you're handling all of this if you're doing this by yourself windspeed. It's got to be one heck of a task to handle.

They should ditch the live callers except when a "celebrity" calls in. Revert the name to the livestream, WAN show sounds silly.

I know Linus said he's not changing it but who in their right mind uses a common tech acronym to name something else that has nothing to do with the acronym? Might as well call it the CPU show or RAM show, totally bonkers and to quote; "Really? ... Really?". Linus usually makes good decisions on things but on this one I think he's lost it. What the heck is wrong with LTT? Makes it distinct that its his show and name, how could you go wrong with that?

Call in's moved to the after party is a good thing, interrupt the game play where it can be. Have to say they are picking some super lame games, I couldn't bother to watch much, ended up surfing around then turned it off when I wanted to watch some YouTube links I got in an e-mail and never went back. I can see playing some older games they are good at or play some high levels some people might not of reached but basic game play is not to hot. How about games where they battle each other or someone else like a guest of any kind? Can be on live on Comms as well? Battle as in compete and loser loses something, place in game or chair, something (just not clothes, that's not my kind of thang :blink: )

New set is cool, but needs to get back to having designated topics to discuss even if they are the hot topic on the forum or general tech news items.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Branding is OK, but the screen now looks like a fricken football jersey with all the logos on it.  they should either do a razer, the slick and linus, or the corner one, not all 3 at the same time.

What do you guys think of all the rebranding? I personally (nothing against linus media) dont like it. THey changed it to much and its like ehh not as good. imho my opinion. 

So what do you guys thing?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Linus usually makes good decisions on things but on this one I think he's lost it. What the heck is wrong with LTT? Makes it distinct that its his show and name, how could you go wrong with that?

I said a couple of pages back that I have a vague recollection of Linus or Slick mentioning that someone else is doing the rebranding for them, which might mean they feel they must know what they're doing, or that they can't reject the changes despite the terrible decisions. It's the only reason I can think of that'd explain why they aren't utilizing the community or reacting to it's feedback, as opposed to the live calls with which they not only utilized the community, but reacted to it's feedback and changed course accordingly.

Branding is OK, but the screen now looks like a fricken football jersey with all the logos on it.  they should either do a razer, the slick and linus, or the corner one, not all 3 at the same time.

I would maybe make them a tad smaller and zoom out / put the camera back a little bit, then it wouldn't seem as dominant.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

when he talks about the WAN show name, all I can think about is how he gave hightale's branding shit and now is being a complete hypocrite.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB