What do you guys think of the new method for the livestream?

SoftwarePro

What do you guys think of all the rebranding? I personally (nothing against linus media) dont like it. THey changed it to much and its like ehh not as good. imho my opinion. 

So what do you guys thing?

I like it. I would like almost anything that they did.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I honestly also didn't like the new afterparty. Not a big fan of watching people play games... unless its something with great cinematics and story.

The calls can be fun, but i would limit them to a specific time slot.

To me it seems as if the show gets less and less informative. It used to have to have a great amount of news and things i didn't know in it.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

I honestly also didn't like the new afterparty. Not a big fan of watching people play games... unless its something with great cinematics and story.

I completely agree, and would have really preferred if they spent that time talking about other topics or something similar.

I like the idea and it works really well at times but I think it kinda slows down the live stream and I kind of liked the questions being asked via Twitter thing.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I do think the "Wan show" is kind of silly tough...

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I completely agree, and would have really preferred if they spent that time talking about other topics or something similar.

I loved listening to the afterparty from my bed, it was really fun and they had great in depth topics which they shared their opinions on. Now its just a big mess.

Yesterday was the first time i quit the afterparty after a couple of minutes...

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

So im not the only one slightly against the new method? 

Do you guys agree that it was almost like they were acting for the whole thing and not being themselves?

Wasn't bad, Just needs to be more organised 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

So im not the only one slightly against the new method? 

Do you guys agree that it was almost like they were acting for the whole thing and not being themselves?

Not the whole thing. Near the end, especially when they respond to the Twitter feed, they seemed to be pretty honest.

I also like it. I think it looks better than before because when it was called the Live Stream Archive it seemed as though it was only being addressed at the people who were watching live and was on YouTube as an extra whereas it now seems as though it including the people who aren't watching it live.

I also think the live callers are a good idea but they need to make sure it is working better and not accept calls from people with poor quality microphones (sorry guys!) as it can be disruptive to the stream. Just my opinion :)  

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

For me it's a balance of being personal vs. professionalism. I do understand that Linus has to monetise the Livestream in some way, and LTT to a greater extent. The higher production values do help, but I do miss the "ghetto" videos with the chest tripod, Linus in his pyjama's and cameraman. But Linus has balanced between the two very well IMO.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I also like it. I think it looks better than before because when it was called the Live Stream Archive it seemed as though it was only being addressed at the people who were watching live and was on YouTube as an extra whereas it now seems as though it including the people who aren't watching it live.

I also think the live callers are a good idea but they need to make sure it is working better and not accept calls from people with poor quality microphones (sorry guys!) as it can be disruptive to the stream. Just mu opinion :)  

Yeah, and maybe make up some topics for live calls beforehand and select a few callers which they think can add something to the discussion. I won't mind a couple of calls in the afterparty but then no gaming at the same time please.

I really don't want to watch 3-4 hours of live stream just to get 2-3 interesting things out of it. Also this it's called Linus Tech Tips and not Linus Gaming Tips...

dat WAN show is so stupid. find a different name.

I like the call in bit. but seriously, the show has lost a good chunk of it's informative value, because ALL THEY'RE DOING IS SAYING THINGS YOU COULD READ ON THE FORUMS 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE.

there's no news that I haven't already seen.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

To be really honest, I didn't watched any livestream after the start of Live Callers... I mean, people who are important in tech, why not. Like George from Corsair just to name one, or I don't know, one AMD guy or Intel or whatever.... This would be way more interesting in my opinion.

But random (don't take it as an insult) people to talk about one subject (with you), not my taste, and to be fair, I don't even want to try (to listen/watch it).

In before someone quote me and say : dude you can't talk since you don't even watch it anymore, let me tell you, I still check the livestream description on youtube, to see what they are talking about, if nothing interest me, I don't watch it.

Anyway, I prefer the old way, ghetto one with the bench table behind Slick etc. It was way more fun and interesting to watch than now. I know the "ghetto" style has gone away with the "HQ" change, but you shouldn't overstuff your place like that.

That's my opinion.

For me it's a balance of being personal vs. professionalism. I do understand that Linus has to monetise the Livestream in some way, and LTT to a greater extent. The higher production values do help, but I do miss the "ghetto" videos with the chest tripod, Linus in his pyjama's and cameraman. But Linus has balanced between the two very well IMO.

Well, i liked the backdrop and great lighting this time. I also don't understand why they don't get a cheap seperate camera for the live stream, it's not like they are using their FS700 to it's full potential anyway. Just look at The Tek and how much more professional it looks then the live stream. If they were to use a different cam, they could even leave it with the same setup and not need to setup it up for every stream.

Yeah, and maybe make up some topics for live calls beforehand and select a few callers which they think can add something to the discussion. I won't mind a couple of calls in the afterparty but then no gaming at the same time please.

I really don't want to watch 3-4 hours of live stream just to get 2-3 interesting things out of it. Also this it's called Linus Tech Tips and not Linus Gaming Tips...

Of course, they definitely need to choose people who can add to the conversation. It is also very annoying to have thing like in the first live caller when someone was typing on a loud keyboard whilst they were talking

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Of course, they definitely need to choose people who can add to the conversation. It is also very annoying to have thing like in the first live caller when someone was typing on a loud keyboard whilst they were talking

Yes also the static was highly annoying... Maybe thats just comms, but i've got a 2000 Euro sound setup here and the stream sounded unbareable for 50% of the show. Even with me trying to filter it out a bit.

Yes also the static was highly annoying... Maybe thats just comms, but i've got a 2000 Euro sound setup here and the stream sounded unbareable for 50% of the show. Even with me trying to filter it out a bit.

It was quite annoying, I watched some of the stream, did they attempt to fix it at all ? Or was it just the connection not being clear ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Well, i liked the backdrop and great lighting this time. I also don't understand why they don't get a cheap seperate camera for the live stream, it's not like they are using their FS700 to it's full potential anyway. Just look at The Tek and how much more professional it looks then the live stream. If they were to use a different cam, they could even leave it with the same setup and not need to setup it up for every stream.

Yep, the back round is great but the sponsors and the live callers sort of detract from the actual news. Logan is also another great example of bumping up his production quality without looking like a sell-out. I just miss the ghetto feel, but it isn't Linus' fault. 

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

It was quite annoying, I watched some of the stream, did they attempt to fix it at all ? Or was it just the connection not being clear ?

I think windspeed36 was still live in comms. I tried to reach them over all available channels, don't know if they got the message or just went ahead and fixed it anyway. Near the end of the show it was fine again.

I think windspeed36 was still live in comms. I tried to reach them over all available channels, don't know if they got the message or just went ahead and fixed it anyway. Near the end of the show it was fine again.

Ahh, Ok that would be the part I didn't watch... I also heard keyboard clicking lol I think that was windspeed as well but I got over that it was the fuzz that had me leave