Shots fired! Reply to what OP's are asking.

Skrizzles

If OP(original poster) asks about a cooler, reply about coolers. If op asks about GPUs, reply about GPU's. DO NOT go into a four paragraph rant telling them that their build is "stupid," or "inefficient", or "ugly", or a "waste of money", etc.

Example:

OP~ "I was wondering who makes a good water block for my GPU?"

Reply ~ "Why do you want to water cool? air is better for OC. And why did you get nvidia? you should get r9 - 2XX. Why those fans? these are better. And that case, those things are hideous. You need this case. And intel? fan-boy much? Tell you what, your whole build looks like a giant ass-hat. Here's a better build(link to pc parts picker), you can thank me later."

The OP wants to build it their way. Talking crap like this makes you look like Simon Cowell trying to give career advice to Metallica. And I see so much of it here recently, that I have been avoiding this place. Because instead of the constructive criticism I expect, I only find a bunch of self-righteous, pc-snobbery, that ends up helping nobody, just to make someone feel more important about themselves until the next chance to ridicule someone who is asking for advice.

In closing, it is these people who are the giant ass-hats, and hurt the pc community, overall.

BTW: I know this will piss some people off. I care zero. This needed saying.

My oh my, quite the drama lately. 

But really; yes, it can happen, but i think its just people being brash, they're trying to help. :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

-

SHOTS FIRED! Try searching the forum for posts that are identical to what you think is a new and revolutionary concept, because I can tell you for a fact there are at least two that say the exact same thing. And follow your topics so people don't have to actively quote you to answer your accusations.

Oh, and giving advice that differs from the OP's original idea is sometimes the right thing to do. It all depends on whether the OP has any idea of what he's asking or not. If he asks which xeon would be best for gaming, what would you tell him?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Dude. People reply to the answer. And sometimes give extra advices. If i spot something wrong in a build. I am allowed to make a better suggestion. I don't force you to do it. But its usually a good reccomendation.

No needs to rant about a suggestion.

Also. Please for the love of gaben. When you are talking about a problem bring proof of it. Instead if shouting and rambling about a problem that you can't even show properly

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Sure, sometimes it can be overdone. BUT there are a lot of first time/inexperienced builders here, asking for advice. Sometimes they have picked a component that is known to have issues, so people suggest an alternative. In the end, it might save the builder some money and/or problems.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I disagree - As long as the one who replies stays friendly, this kind of answer should be the norm. OP might not know much about PC's yet, or he might have made a less optimal choice. 

In the end, the buyer still decides. If he wants a pentium with SLI Titan X, we'll tell him it's a bad Idea, but he still can go through with it. A forum is not the law.

Some people could be friendlier when it comes to giving advice though, and I agree that the most relevant answer should come first.

"You could get cooler X, but I wouldn't do Y, because Z".

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

As long as the one who replies stays friendly, this kind of answer should be the norm. 

This!!! Some people answering posts are opposite of this and i see it very often....

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

I disagree - As long as the one who replies stays friendly, this kind of answer should be the norm. OP might not know much about PC's yet, or he might have made a less optimal choice.

In the end, the buyer still decides. If he wants a pentium with SLI Titan X, we'll tell him it's a bad Idea, but he still can go through with it. A forum is not the law.

Some people could be friendlier when it comes to giving advice though, and I agree that the most relevant answer should come first.

"You could get cooler X, but I wouldn't do Y, because Z".

1.who are you talkin to

2. You just destroyed your first post

3.1. I still don't understand what / who the problem is reffering too.

3.2. show us examples of ACTUAL THREADS with links please.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Personally I don't mind people giving suggestions, if it is relevant to the topic. If the person replying thinks the OP could do better for themselves with a different setup, depending on if they've bought the stuff yet or not, then I think it's perfectly justifiable as they are giving a valid suggestion. If the recommendation isn't on topic, such as if the replier fails to fully read the original post, then I've nothing against complaining about it, but if someone is trying to offer a friendly bit of advice then they are more than entitled to, we are all entitled to free speech are we not?

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

1.who are yoy talkin to

I am not the OP of this thread. Don't get mad at me plz, kthnx.

1.who are you talkin to

Pay attention.

Talking crap like this makes you look like Simon Cowell trying to give career advice to Metallica.

Considering how long it's been since we last heard of Metallica, perhaps some career advice from him may not be such a bad idea really. 

well if the OP asks for a nice cooler for his 5820k and the build he lists also has a gt740 in it OFC i ask why the hell he has a GT740 in there. 

/dumb topic.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

as i always say, if you are not satisfied with your stay, feel free to leave. no one is holding your hand making you stay here. we are happy to help, we are happy to provide advice that may not always be relevant to what you are asking. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I make 2 assumptions about people asking for advice

1) They ask because they're not experienced and knowledgeable on all details and actually would appreciate the advise

2) They're experienced and knowledgeable but want to read people echo their concerns, see how others weight them and see if anyone else considers an angle he failed to consider and because of that actually would appreciate the advise.

If someone turn out to be 

3) A jackass who just wants validation about his brilliant choices and doesn't actually wants advise

Then I have no sympathy for you.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Totally agree Op people in this thread aren't understand what you are saying, it's not just advice giving it's belittling to a newbie the way some people say it. Also alot of people don't take into account the Op may have already bought the parts, hence why there not asking on advice about those particular things.

Welcome to the internet

My-God-Its-Full-OF-Trolls-.png

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Totally agree Op people in this thread aren't understand what you are saying, it's not just advice giving it's belittling to a newbie the way some people say it. Also alot of people don't take into account the Op may have already bought the parts, hence why there not asking on advice about those particular things.

Oh, we do understand what he's saying, but many people here are passionate about hardware. We're complete strangers to you, yet we give you (FREE!) advice on how you can improve your experience when building/upgrading your computer. As long as it's not written with a condescending tone (kinda like the OP was), giving advice is fine.

Sure, it sucks when you have already bought the parts, but at least you've learned something then. Again, being friendly is key. 

Sure, but if they haven't bought the parts, and are looking for a case for their i7 5870x and gt 610 rig to be used for gaming, you have to recommend they change what they will order.

If they already got everything, then don't say their rig is bad and they are stupid.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Oh, we do understand what he's saying, but many people here are passionate about hardware. We're complete strangers to you, yet we give you (FREE!) advice on how you can improve your experience when building/upgrading your computer. As long as it's not written with a condescending tone (kinda like the OP was), giving advice is fine.

Sure, it sucks when you have already bought the parts, but at least you've learned something then. Again, being friendly is key. 

This still doesn't change the fact people are still assholes and no need to be, no one is forcing them to give answer's either!

I am not the OP of this thread. Don't get mad at me plz, kthnx.

Oops. Pardon me. I Got confused with the picture and post count :(

Sure, but if they haven't bought the parts, and are looking for a case for their i7 5870x and gt 610 rig to be used for gaming, you have to recommend they change what they will order.

If they already got everything, then don't say their rig is bad and they are stupid.

Yea that's fair but Op isn't talking about that he is talking about people who just blab and say oh you should of got a 980 instead of that 290x in a super asshole tone. Fair enough if you say personally id go with this gpu you because xxx. Also you brought up another complaint about the forum, everyone assumes PC's are only used for gaming so when someone is like oh i got a 750ti and i3 people storm in like oh no get a 4690k because you can only have an i5 and you have to overclock. smh -_-

1.who are you talkin to

Not OP.

This still doesn't change the fact people are still assholes and no need to be, no one is forcing them to give answer's either!

Yep, don't be a fucking idiot or say google is hard isn't it ?? I mean if you don't fucking want to don't fucking reply or even don't fucking open the thread when you think the question is too east/stupid just fucking don't.

Yea that's fair but Op isn't talking about that he is talking about people who just blab and say oh you should of got a 980 instead of that 290x in a super asshole tone. Fair enough if you say personally id go with this gpu you because xxx. Also you brought up another complaint about the forum, everyone assumes PC's are only used for gaming so when someone is like oh i got a 750ti and i3 people storm in like oh no get a 4690k because you can only have an i5 and you have to overclock. smh -_-

I don't know how recommending 4690K is a bad thing for all purposes it will be better than i3, but back on your oiriginal point I agree.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I don't know how recommending 4690K is a bad thing for all purposes it will be better than i3, but back on your oiriginal point I agree.

No, i know a 4690k isn't bad i was just saying if Op was like i got an i3 and a 750ti for just general web browsing and maybe some games like the sims (casual games) people storm in and say no get an i5 etc etc when an i3 is going to do that job fine especially if Op has a budget.

No, i know and 4690k isn't bad i was just saying if Op was like i got an i3 and a 750ti for just general web browsing and maybe some games like the sims (casual games) people storm in and say no get an i5 etc etc when an i3 is going to do that job fine especially if Op has a budget.

Well yes it would do the job fine - that comp is pretty good - but he has budget and he can get better so why not get a 4690k or 970 something like that.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650