Types of injury!

Undieing_Lust

Explain the injury's you have had. I am posting this becuse I have just broke my ankel :p so post your pics =p

I don't have pictures but i've fractured my neck, got half my finger torn off my a aluminum rake.   

When I was 5 I slipped off of a truck toolbox that was sitting on the edge of a porch.  I landed with my elbow down. Then the truck toolbox fell and landed on my back. Breaking my elbow. 4 pins and 2 nights in the hospital. I was supposedly never going to be able to move it. I have played baseball and basketball since. I have had numerous minor injuries but that is my only big one. O wait I did dislocate my hip sortof. I was playing basketball and I set a pick and the defenders knee came up and hit my hip and knocked me down...It twisted it out of place... Its still out. I have to twist it slowly each night to get it back in.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

got a shard of metal stuck in my eye when grinding without eye protection when i was 13-14. Had to go to hospital where they use a power drill to drill the metal shard out. remember kids use safety gear.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I haven't really had any really bad injuries. The worst was probably getting hit in the eye with a stick. It got infected and there was pus coming out of it.

I broke my leg snowboarding back in 1989.  Boards at that time had big plastic bindings that came half way up your leg.  I was moving at a good clip and caught an edge and went tumbling.  Knew my left leg was broken as I was tumbling, turns out I broke both bones in the lower leg.  Had a cast from my toes all the way up to my crotch for 8 weeks.

Good times.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

When I was young, my parents told me that I suddenly started to run across the street and they pulled me back which broke my arm, but they didn't notice (it healed up quick, they said) and after a few weeks, they touched my arm and it hurt, so they took me to the doctor and the doctor had to break my arm again and put a cast. He put one of those cloth casts and told my dad it was impossible for me to remove it, but on the way home, my dad noticed I removed so we had to go back to the doctor to get a full cast XD

i've dislocated my right shoulder enough times to be able to put it back myself

does that count?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

From my experiences there is only one type of injury and that's a painful injury.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

A couple years ago, I think 1 - 2 not sure,  I fell out of a tree setting up a zipline I tried to jump around to the other side of the tree and fell off, fractured my arm badly enough you could call it a break, the bone had about 3 or 4 mm attached still.... 

It was a homemade zip line and it was extremely fun lol 

best thing was when I got home from the hospital everyone was still going at it lol

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

too many injuries to list but some of the worse I got were at work. I had a 400lbs transmission fall on my hand, a 200lbs fifth wheel fall on my fingers, slit my finger with a razor down to the bone, set my hands on fire a few times (hurt but not too bad). busted my finger open with a hammer, a 100lbs brake drum dropped it on my fingers while trying to install it on the axle. broke my knuckle when the 1" air hose line busted and sent the metal tip flying towards my hand, had a 30lbs brake chamber fall on my face, the worse passing out in a shop that is 140F or 60C.  

Ahhhhh the memories...

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

too many injuries to list but some of the worse I got were at work. I had a 400lbs transmission fall on my hand, a 200lbs fifth wheel fall on my fingers, slit my finger with a razor down to the bone, set my hands on fire a few times (hurt but not too bad). busted my finger open with a hammer, a 100lbs brake drum dropped it on my fingers while trying to install it on the axle. broke my knuckle when the 1" air hose line busted and sent the metal tip flying towards my hand, had a 30lbs brake chamber fall on my face, the worse passing out in a shop that is 140F or 60C.  

Ahhhhh the memories...

So what that's like 7 times your fingers got crushed xD

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

So what that's like 7 times your fingers got crushed xD

yep your fingers take a beating when your a mechanic of any kind. 

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Great to know, I am starting my co-op in September. lol

I don't have pictures but i've fractured my neck, got half my finger torn off my a aluminum rake.   

Jesus, an aluminium rake fighting back, what was the arguement about?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Ahhhhh the memories...

Shit, what have you been doing lol

Shit, what have you been doing lol

Shit happens you know...its all part of the job. Working on big equipment is dangerous I've been almost killed a few times as well.

I just had a apicoectomy preformed on me yesterday. Theres a nice video on youtube of what exactly that is.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I dropped a Mercedes cylinder head on mine, f**k that hurt lol

I dropped a Mercedes cylinder head on mine, f**k that hurt lol

nice good times huh :)

nice good times huh :)

Felt like it removed them if I'm honest though it was my fault for not paying attention.

Those old Mercedes M103 heads are bloody heavy, damn head gaskets lol

No pics but I've broken both wrists (twice right, once left), broken my left knee, and broken my foot. Not exciting stories, mostly sports related. 

No pics but I've broken both wrists (twice right, once left), broken my left knee, and broken my foot. Not exciting stories, mostly sports related. 

Doesn't paint me a picture of 'SPORT IS FUN' if I'm honest :P

Dislocated my right arm when I got my arm stuck in an escalator handle catch. I was 5 then.

Somebody in the store thought my arm got cut off though so nearly every emergency service unit bar the police (although some cars did come.) and pretty much shut down one of the busiest streets in the city just to unstuck my arm.

Took 3 fireman, an axe and even a cutter before they could finally free my arm.

I also got free sweets and toys from the store that day so I wouldn't sue. I still have the GI Joe/Action Man figure to this day, always reminding me.

I also split my head open... twice... in the same place.... but that's another story for some other time.