Star Wars: Battlefront 3 will run at 60 fps on console

kcihtred2

Agreed, and they should also sacrifice filters rather than resolution.

right?

when it comes to shooters, Id take 1080P 60fps over nice textures. 

RPG or strategy game? make it 30fps but sexy. 

I can't fucking wait regardless. I'm very much on the fence at the moment about whether I should get it on PC or PS4. Probably PC but I want to wait and feel out how the communities are going to be on each. I ended up buying NBA 2k15 twice because I wasn't happy with the size of the community on the PC version. Battlefront 3 probably won't have the same problem. 

Thoughts you guys? Which system are you getting it for? 

Yay, 60fps in the options menu! Oh glorious potato master race, let us pre-order right away!

Wait...no, that feels wrong.

Sounds like EA is promising a miracle....

Yes, but will it look good?

Obviously not. Games on consoles don't even look good at 1080p, regardless of frame rate.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

@900p ps4, and 720p Xbone

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

@1080 with constant 60fps?

it's that hard to believe though, if they sacrifices texture/quality I think it's achieveable

but again... that video is a trailer, CGI movie, it represent nothing.

oh 1080p? pfft it could, but only if they targeted that form the beginning and didn't overdo the graphics. I doubt it.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

They have to decrease graphics if they want to achieve stable 60 fps.

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Let's face it, these new generation of consoles are not going to last 10 years. They need to get replaced asap to stay competitive against the pc market since 4k is here to stay. It's a shame that the new consoles are still struggling with1080 frame rates. And that's why i don't want to get any new console untill they come out with a new version of them via a slim version or just a new system. Untill then I'll be home happily shooting at enemies from my pc lol.

Dice said that SWBF3 will run at 60 fps on both PS4 and Xbox one.  No word on resolution though.

the trailer was in 1080p with 8x MSAA

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/44639/star-wars-battlefront-confirmed-run-60fps-both-xbox-one-ps4/index.html

Because we can trust that. Kappa. If this does work, I would be surprised. And worried, if they are building this with console performance in mind, how will this affect the PC port?

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Let's face it, these new generation of consoles are not going to last 10 years. They need to get replaced asap to stay competitive against the pc market since 4k is here to stay. It's a shame that the new consoles are still struggling with1080 frame rates. And that's why i don't want to get any new console untill they come out with a new version of them via a slim version or just a new system. Untill then I'll be home happily shooting at enemies from my pc lol.

But you're missing the fact that they don't need to compete with PC, the Last Gen was behind after a little more than a year and it was solid. The Job isn't to beat PC, its to play PC games in some way, for a decent price and consistent performance. The Slim will not have a hardware upgrade, it will likely just be a 20nm die shrink of the current chip, its the way consoles work. 

Plus the new console's don't struggle with 1080 60, they've both had 108060 locked games, its devs who don't want to develop games at that benchmark who are bringing out 1080 30 games on ps4 and X1, The power of consoles is irrelevant to these devs, they would pick 30FPS no matter how powerful the consoles were and just increase the graphics.

Dice choose 1600 900 60 as their ps4 target and 720 60 for X1. this is because they wanted high settings on the consoles instead of medium. 

i think its likely this game will be the same.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I had no idea Dice hired David Copperfield to work on the game !

Either that or the game is gonma look like this:

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

After reading a report on Kitguru that states, Battlefront 3 will only be a multiplayer game. I've lost all interest. While I have enjoyed playing multiple Star Wars games. I wont be enjoying this one  

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

You guys know that there are games on the PS4 that run at 1080p60fps right? The Last of Us looks great on the current gen consoles. Certainly not on par with PCs and it could use some anti aliasing and some slightly better textures but it's a damn nice looking game otherwise running on just $350 hardware. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyyMfhvU9N8

Not sure why this is so surprising to everyone. BF4 ran at 60 fps and it looked incredible on the One and PS4.

I had no idea Dice hired David Copperfield to work on the game !

Either that or the game is gonma look like this:

10/10 Better than SW: Ep 1.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I can't take people who keep spewing the 792p line seriously. 

You're the internet equivalent of the guys who make a once funny joke but then don't stop, keep extending it, and get the "please shut the fuck up already" look from people who aren't laughing anymore. 

I can't take people who keep spewing the 792p line seriously. 

You're the internet equivalent of the guys who make a once funny joke but then don't stop, keep extending it, and get the "please shut the fuck up already" look from people who aren't laughing anymore. 

It's like people who kept making "The cake is a lie" jokes after 2010 (Which, IMO, is still far too recently, since the game came out in '07). And the annoying fucks who still post "lul 290x heats my house in the winter and costs a zillion dollars to power!" jokes.

And of course, the "lol 3.5GB of RAM derpity herp" jokes.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I hope its true ... but we all know that the truth can be streched a lot ... like adding black bars on top and bottom to make it "more cinematic" or whatever else to justify the reduction of the picture. We will see soon enough anyway.

It's like people who kept making "The cake is a lie" jokes after 2010 (Which, IMO, is still far too recently, since the game came out in '07). And the annoying fucks who still post "lul 290x heats my house in the winter and costs a zillion dollars to power!" jokes.

And of course, the "lol 3.5GB of RAM derpity herp" jokes.

Don't forget it's just a feature joke about the iPhone.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I really don't understand people complaining about the graphics being worse. That's how you get a higher frame rate. It's not like you can upgrade a console to get more performance out of it. 

I don't own a current gen console yet but this helps to make an argument. Unless the game really doesn't rely on a smooth experience I can't stand playing games at sub 60fps. If more games start to move towards 60fps on console I might end up buying one. For now I'm going to stick with buying Star Wars Battlefront 3 for PC though (assuming the game isn't crap).

Please dont make me laugh .

Watch dogs was gonna run at 60 fps on PS4 and the retracted that.

And if it runs at 60 fps it will probably be at 720 or 792p or some weird resolution.

Battlefield 4 was 60fps on consoles with 900p/60 on Ps4 and 720p/60 on XboxOne.

Battlefront will be probably the same resolution.

RTX2070OC 

I'm glad to see consoles reaching 60 fps, even though the graphic fidelity won't be as good. I think console games should be 60 fps to be considered "next-gen" in my opinion.

i make music: http://www.soundcloud.com/kopacetic

Beets for the children.