EA game cost $80 for next gen consoles.

Lightning

Yer here is AUS we pay so much more then anywhere else... It is total BS..

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

and yet they dont want people to Pirate games.. well maybe if they werent so bloody expensive we wouldnt need to jack it!... Dont get me wrong.. i havent pirated a game(so far) and I know its wrong to do.. but if they keep raising prices like this... i wont be able to game at all anymore :(

what about pc? :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Games used to cost much more... This isn't some sinister plan to scrape your wallets clean (I wouldn't doubt that's part of it). A dollar today is worth much less than it was when the 360 launched. Meaning we need to spend more of them to get the same quantity of an item.

I remember seeing price tags and ads well over $100 for games when I was a kid. The dollar was also worth a lot more then. If anything the price "increase" is just an adjustment for dollar that has dropped in value about 30% over the past 10 years.

Go blame the government's centralized fiat currency that never stops printing throwing national economies into more debt. Yay GG. Time to switch to non centralized crypto currencies ;)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Games used to cost much more... This isn't some sinister plan to scrape your wallets clean (I wouldn't doubt that's part of it). A dollar today is worth much less than it was when the 360 launched. Meaning we need to spend more of them to get the same quantity of an item.

I remember seeing price tags and ads well over $100 for games when I was a kid. The dollar was also worth a lot more then. If anything the price "increase" is just an adjustment for dollar that has dropped in value about 30% over the past 10 years.

Go blame the government's centralized fiat currency that never stops printing throwing national economies into more debt. Yay GG. Time to switch to non centralized crypto currencies ;)

i agree, it also used to cost 10 cents a candy bar, now its anywhere from 60 cents to a dollar

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

i agree, it also used to cost 10 cents a candy bar, now its anywhere from 60 cents to a dollar

The world is going down hill, I remember something called penny sweets here in the UK and now they are 5 pence each but what really f**ks with me is that they are still called penny sweets

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

The world is going down hill, I remember something called penny sweets here in the UK and now they are 5 pence each but what really f**ks with me is that they are still called penny sweets

xD

Exactly Q_Q

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I see we're back to the SNES/Genesis era of pricing.  :angry:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

as long as they are cheap on steam i wont be bothered, this if anything will turn more people onto pc gaming.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Oh I remember EB Games in the states... 

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

good thing used games and steam sales exist

i guess ill never buy a new game again xD

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i dont know why you people keep complaining about high prices

just use a VPN 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I already think that paying £40 for a game is far too expensive in most cases, so I usually just wait until it becomes cheaper before I play it. It makes no difference to me, it just means that publishers will have to wait longer before I buy their games.

Do you think with these prices developers might include some kind of dlc or something to actually get people to buy their games on release date? Because, I think this will just get people to either switch to pc or wait for it to go down in price.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Soo, 20% price reduction for us in sweden and those guys in aus? :D

Yer here is AUS we pay so much more then anywhere else... It is total BS..

you should stop complaining in Trinidad things are crazy expensive 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Why does EA have to be the only one making nhl games :/