EA game cost $80 for next gen consoles.

Lightning

Pretty expensive for a game imo. They would probably make the game on sale after a few weeks which will make it into a reasonable price.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I see we're back to the SNES/Genesis era of pricing.  :angry:

The only difference is those times had amazing games and now we have crap.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

This article has specifically mentioned 'United Kingdom' - we've yet to see if this will be the case in North America.

Though I wouldn't at all be surprised, another bad stunt from EA *thumbs up*

GW2: Vettexl.9726

This article has specifically mentioned 'United Kingdom' - we've yet to see if this will be the case in North America.

Though I wouldn't at all be surprised, another bad stunt from EA *thumbs up*

Even so, it's about a 15 pound increase, they could increase the U.S. game pricing to $70+ and I bet most people would buy games at that pricepoint as well.

We should all boycott companies like this. At least make it constant pricing. If it's 55 pounds, then it should be 80 USD. Regional pricing is complete bullshit. 

Even so, it's about a 15 pound increase, they could increase the U.S. game pricing to $70+ and I bet most people would buy games at that pricepoint as well.

We should all boycott companies like this. At least make it constant pricing. If it's 55 pounds, then it should be 80 USD. Regional pricing is complete bullshit.

I'm not agreeing with it at all. I just think we have to 'wait and see' how it plays out. I sure wouldn't pay $80+ for a normal copy of a game. Though that would require me to buy either one of the 'next-gen' consoles, and my 7870 CrossfireX setup laughs at that proposal.

PC Master race forever.

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Yer here is AUS we pay so much more then anywhere else... It is total BS..

Your prices are relative to our prices, if ours go up so do yours. You should be complaining to. 

I'm not agreeing with it at all. I just think we have to 'wait and see' how it plays out. I sure wouldn't pay $80+ for a normal copy of a game. Though that would require me to buy either one of the 'next-gen' consoles, and my 7870 CrossfireX setup laughs at that proposal.

PC Master race forever.

Well it's EA we are talking about, they could raise prices on PC games.

It's been awhile since I have paid even $60 for game. This is ludicrous.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD