Experiences with non-techies

Just now, Hyper_X said:

Correct, now u have to download my shitty app

lol no space in my phone

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

33 minutes ago, Hyper_X said:

It's not on iOS. 

Learn obj and make a IPA and host it using Cydia. ;) 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

47 minutes ago, Hyper_X said:

I also checked out your website.

Basically the only thing on there is a fat duck turning around.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

4 minutes ago, Hyper_X said:

I'll do that after I get myself a new ram.

or we can Sideload the ipa if you just find an ipa and send me it. 

Aka, hackentosh/OS X -> Xcode -> code -> compile to ipa -> send to me!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I had a coworker recently who wanted me to look at her computer. She said it was giving her odd messages. This was recently. When I arrived I saw it was a windows XP machine. I tried to explain to her that she really needed a new computer. She said that the one she has works fine and that all she does with it is check her bank account and pay some bills online. Which I told her to stop doing.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I came into possession of a used desktop running windows 7. I told her it would only cost her 20 bucks and she could have it. She told me that she liked her computer and was not willing to get rid of it. I even offered her the computer for free and she still did not want it. At that point I gave up. She is a very sweet lady, but some people just cant be helped.

41 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I had a coworker recently who wanted me to look at her computer. She said it was giving her odd messages. This was recently. When I arrived I saw it was a windows XP machine. I tried to explain to her that she really needed a new computer. She said that the one she has works fine and that all she does with it is check her bank account and pay some bills online. Which I told her to stop doing.

Fast forward a couple weeks and I came into possession of a used desktop running windows 7. I told her it would only cost her 20 bucks and she could have it. She told me that she liked her computer and was not willing to get rid of it. I even offered her the computer for free and she still did not want it. At that point I gave up. She is a very sweet lady, but some people just cant be helped.

Well when her bank account gets drained, you can give her the "I told you so" speech. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

hey guys. im completely new to this forums and forums in general so i thought i check out this thread. gotta say all these are hilarious. people can be stupid sometimes.

anyways, 

people at my school seem to firmly believe that the graphics on the Xbox one far supersedes  anything on PC and that it is the pinnacle of photo-realistic game-play, needless to say such stupidity is not easily corrected, therefore i usually just grit my teeth and keep my mouth shut. i swear this education system does not work. 

1 hour ago, Grimreaper084 said:

hey guys. im completely new to this forums and forums in general so i thought i check out this thread. gotta say all these are hilarious. people can be stupid sometimes.

anyways, 

people at my school seem to firmly believe that the graphics on the Xbox one far supersedes  anything on PC and that it is the pinnacle of photo-realistic game-play, needless to say such stupidity is not easily corrected, therefore i usually just grit my teeth and keep my mouth shut. i swear this education system does not work. 

Well, to be fair, I don't remember the education system going into computer hardware at all.  Like, not even slightly.  So you can't blame them for that...

...or can you?  Maybe they should have a dedicated mandatory computer class where they go over the basics of hardware and software usage.  That actually makes a lot of sense - think how important computers are in today's society, and yet most people don't have a clue about it.  They really should be educating people on it in school.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Hyper_X said:

I don't think it's worth it

well, i hackentoshed.. just to sideload an app. :) 

thats how badly i missed my jailbreak pre 9.3.3 jb

45 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well, to be fair, I don't remember the education system going into computer hardware at all.  Like, not even slightly.  So you can't blame them for that...

...or can you?  Maybe they should have a dedicated mandatory computer class where they go over the basics of hardware and software usage.  That actually makes a lot of sense - think how important computers are in today's society, and yet most people don't have a clue about it.  They really should be educating people on it in school.

my english teacher rambled today on how words change over time, then that turned into gps, then that turned into the government spying on you, then that turned to dont use windows 10, oh class is over. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

5 hours ago, Hyper_X said:

My friend is buying new ram because old one got slow. I didn't even wanted to say anything...

tell him not to tilt his pc , all the bits/electrons are gonna fall out 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

58 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I took a computer class in 7th grade, they actually had some parts, I also donated broken parts from a Dell prebuilt for display :P 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

I took a computer class in 7th grade, they actually had some parts, I also donated broken parts from a Dell prebuilt for display :P 

i did too..

they were disassembling a prebuilt pentium d.. 

and thats how i got my pentium d.

when i was there, they already fucked up all the capacitors and the pins. :( 

--

the hdd died in the machine. that was all..

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

A thread for non techies ? Cool ...Just a question , my cousin asked me to check a phone under $120 (8000 INR)  So my question is ,  Should i go for specification or should i go for the brand at this price point ?

(New to the website too ) 

Just now, Obito Kakkoi-Kun said:

A thread for non techies ? Cool ...Just a question , my cousin asked me to check a phone under $120 (8000 INR)  So my question is ,  Should i go for specification or should i go for the brand at this price point ?

(New to the website too ) 

its for non techie failures

--

specs > branding. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

When my grandparents asked me to hook up their dvd player with their sattelite box, they had trouble accessing the dvd player screen using the remote. I set it all up and said, ok to quickly go to dvd just switch off the sattalite box with the remote control and away you go. They said that sounded tricky........

29 minutes ago, themctipers said:

i did too..

they were disassembling a prebuilt pentium d.. 

and thats how i got my pentium d.

when i was there, they already fucked up all the capacitors and the pins. :( 

--

the hdd died in the machine. that was all..

So you stole it? xD 

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

7 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

I'm quite shocked how far I could go without any computer classes about HW. 7th or 8th grade I had one computer class which was mostly how to use computer and some Basic-coding, then in upper secondary school I had Python coding and tried to get through CCNA1 (which failed then because no labs) where was the first time where someone teached something about HW, how ever only what is router and modem and how they work without going under the hood at all. Even in University of Applied Sciences where I tried to become IT-engineer (media technology, all that I miss from degree is thesis) not a single course about HW (except server HW in CCNA1 and 2 and a course about Linux-servers and probably some Arduino stuff in embedded systems) and there was a lot of courses about databases, coding and very hard calsses about math behind computers (we made mathlab codes for jpg and video compression and stuff), physics engines and cryptography, but only one time teacher talked about HW and that was at general media technology course and all that was like: "Go and buy iPhone and MacBook Pro, with those you can do everything and they work".

That's generally 15-16 years of school with coding and stuff without single course talking about CPUs, GPUs and stuff behind them. And now some great wise apes that call themselfs politicans are pushing mandatory coding classes even to the first years of elementary schools and probably even then no one is going to keep a class or course about HW where students would learn about processor cycles and all the other HW related stuff that is acctually really important when optimizing code. That's F:ing genius! Lets get so everybody can code at least something, but nobody needs to know how the computer works and what it has inside!

22 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

So you stole it? xD 

yes

poor thing, now i play with it durring class. :) 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

now i play with it durring class. :) 

Why? xD 

✨PC Specs✨

Just now, themctipers said:

yes

poor thing, now i play with it durring class. :) 

Oh, I don't remember the story of how you ever got one xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, ShadowTechXTS said:

Why? xD 

because i never knew how class could be more boring

i've already semi mastered pen flipping.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, I don't remember the story of how you ever got one xD 

one i fucked around with, until the motherboard's caps exploded.

then, i turned it on and poured water over it

steam anyone? 

few hours later, turned it off..

--

other pd was from school. :D 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

HAHAHAH.... I could read these things all day!!

I've had a few clients "shocked" when they dropped or hit their laptop and I informed them that their HDD has quit. My granny doesn't know what the internet is(to be fair, we live in the mountains of WV). Also, I've received multiple requests to build a laptop(ya know, like a custom PC). Without them, though, most of us wouldn't have jobs. Cheers to all.

My dad (used to be a mechanic before retirement) is really at a loss with the pc, just because he is stuborn an refuses to think regarding using the PC. To make it easier I set their mail login page as standard, but every now and then he comes like: It doesn't work. So I say: have you filled out the login/website you want to visit correctly? Yeah. Well let's take a look then... Show me what you did. He types it in.

Whats the problem, he doens't press ENTER!!!:(

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list