Experiences with non-techies

No, we are talking about Expereinces with non-techies here.

dat segway...

41VmzAnovPL._SY300_.jpg

I guess I'm having a non techie moment right now since I have no clue on how to replace the stock head unit on our car... (broken control wheel so it's useless right now)

I guess I'm having a non techie moment right now since I have no clue on how to replace the stock head unit on our car... (broken control wheel so it's useless right now)

youtube is a great place for tutorials on how to do stuff,

youtube is a great place for tutorials on how to do stuff,

I'm exploring there right now... just waiting for daybreak to get started on disassembly of the dash and take a peek behind the radio before I go and order the part... (or maybe look for better head units under 2kPhP)...

when you're talking about cars then it's gonna be something very odd, because it's not really worth it to but a V engine into a car like that.

Morgans are odd ?  Blashphemy!   ;)

Morgan-Three-1_2780244b.jpg

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

All in favor of saying that anyone who multiplies their GHz by their amount of cores for their total GHz should be banned from computers forever?

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

All in favor of saying that anyone who multiplies their GHz by their amount of cores for their total GHz should be banned from computers forever?

All in favour say "aye"

AYE

Anytime I open CMD on one of our schools computer, everyone's like; "Oh shit he's hacking the computer!".

Tree command. Green text. 'Nough said ;p

I don't do signatures.

Built a computer for a church a few years back, but recently got some complaints that it had slowed down. Said I would take a look, and when I ran all the normal clean up software, they had managed to accrue 600 registry errors, 5GB of trash files and 57 different pieces of malware, along with saving pretty much every file they had to the desktop. I face-palmed so hard when I saw the results. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Built a computer for a church a few years back, but recently got some complaints that it had slowed down recently. Said I would take a look, and when I ran all the normal clean up software, they had managed to accrue 600 registry errors, 5GB of trash files and 57 different pieces of malware, along with save pretty much every file they had to the desktop. I face-palmed so hard when I saw the results. 

I hate that, like, you reccomend a PC they buy it and weeks later come complaining that it is slow.... OF COURSE IT IS, YOU CLICK ON ALL THESE DAMN "DOWNLOD" BUTTONS, YOU SAVE EVERYTHING ON THE DESKTOP, YOU JUST CLICK "NEXT" ON THESE SOFTONIC INSTALLERS.... GEEZ!

/rant

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

I hate that, like, you reccomend a PC they buy it and weeks later come complaining that it is slow.... OF COURSE IT IS, YOU CLICK ON ALL THESE DAMN "DOWNLOD" BUTTONS, YOU SAVE EVERYTHING ON THE DESKTOP, YOU JUST CLICK "NEXT" ON THESE SOFTONIC INSTALLERS.... GEEZ!

/rant

and then they blame it on the techie who recommended it to them and demand free tech service for all their devices and more until the end of their days...

To an extent, he isn't wrong

It does cost money to buy coolant in order to clean and fill it up, whether it's the first time, or for scheduled maintenance 

Buying coolant isn't going to increase your water bill though, so to no extent is he right. 

Buying coolant isn't going to increase your water bill though, so to no extent is he right. 

No my point is, you have to pay for the coolant

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

When I asked my mom "When should I clean my computer, Friday Saturday or Sunday?", as I have a long overdue clean out (1 month of fans spinning at 80-100%), she says that I should not clean my parts so often because they will "spoil". She also advises me to clean my computer once every three months.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

When I asked my mom "When should I clean my computer, Friday Saturday or Sunday?", as I have a long overdue clean out (1 month of fans spinning at 80-100%), she says that I should not clean my parts so often because they will "spoil". She also advises me to clean my computer once every three months.

She has used the wrong words (spoil [?]) but she is not 100% wrong.

A deep clean like you talk off comes under the heading of preventative maintenance and there is a (measurable) spike in failures just after PM, usually due to accidents whilst performing this PM (wires being moved, things getting unscrewed but put back incorrectly etc) so there has to be a balancing act between a just cleaned system running better and an increased chance of something going wrong.

"This too shall pass"

She has used the wrong words (spoil [?]) but she is not 100% wrong.

A deep clean like you talk off comes under the heading of preventative maintenance and there is a (measurable) spike in failures just after PM, usually due to accidents whilst performing this PM (wires being moved, things getting unscrewed but put back incorrectly etc) so there has to be a balancing act between a just cleaned system running better and an increased chance of something going wrong.

I was telling her that there was dust build up on the fans and I needed to get them cleaned, not something so deep such as replacing thermal compound, etc.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Such competence, much video technique

Actually it wasn't even vertical.

it was at like a 35degree angle.

so even worse

No my point is, you have to pay for the coolant

And my point is, the person in question said does water cooling your PC increase your water bill, to which you replied to an extent, he isn't wrong. Well, to no extent is he right because the cost of coolant does not increase your water bill... 

Actually it wasn't even vertical.

it was at like a 35degree angle.

so even worse

It the subject in question would have been simply taking photographs, it would be fine. Videos though... Such behavior is not tolerated, and uneducated people keep doing it, because they are too dense to accept helpful knowledge from others.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

It the subject in question would have been simply taking photographs, it would be fine. Videos though... Such behavior is not tolerated, and uneducated people keep doing it, because they are too dense to accept helpful knowledge from others.

Still there are very few times where you vertical photo.

Still there are very few times where you vertical photo.

"Very few"? Any photographing enthusiast / hobbyist would disagree. Portrait photos as just as valid as landscape photos. Just how it fits the situation can vary.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

"Very few"? Any photographing enthusiast would disagree. Portrait photos as just as valid as landscape photos. Just how it fits the situation can vary.

Few as in scenarios 

Portrait yea, i agree. 

I was once at a cybercafe with a friend and I heard a guy call the right click the "anticlick", me and my friend waited for the guy to leave to laugh.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

"This too shall pass"