Experiences with non-techies

-snippy-

I mean who cuts an important file from a USB anyway!?

I do because I'm 3edgy5u...

Umm... About that CPU part.. You are supposed to put a small dot (about the size of a piece of rice) in the middle and spread it with the heatspreader as you put the cooler on..

@Lord Pantaloons had a run in of this problem when he opened up his EVGA cooler..

a3af279743.jpg

^^ You know it's bad when there's so much suction force from the TIM that you have to double check that you removed all the screws and then pry it apart with a screwdriver.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Umm... About that CPU part.. You are supposed to put a small dot (about the size of a piece of rice) in the middle and spread it with the heatspreader as you put the cooler on..

@Lord Pantaloons had a run in of this problem when he opened up his EVGA cooler..

a3af279743.jpg

^^ You know it's bad when there's so much suction force from the TIM that you have to double check that you removed all the screws and then pry it apart with a screwdriver.

Well I think I've come up with a way for EVGA to increase their margins on their graphics cards...

one of my idotic cocksucking classmates told me that his a4 laptop can play shadow of mordor at ultra with 70fps LOOOOOOL

Maybe at 1024×768.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

one of my idotic cocksucking classmates told me that his a4 laptop can play shadow of mordor at ultra with 70fps LOOOOOOL

ultra 240p maybe?

Maybe at 1024×768.

Nope, not even close. What about 154p? 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

yeah, never heard a sane person say #APPLEMASTERRACE cuz then there's a problem. I don't really like iOS but I encourage Apple for making a small phone (minus the 6 plus) because women tend to have issues with putting phones in their usually non-existent pockets and have smaller hands.

As somebody who has smaller hands (for a guy), the 5s and even the basic 6 are nicely sized.

Yeah, but a lot of women carry huge ass bags around with them with enough room to fit an mITX lan rig if you were so inclined (or 10 million things that guys would never think of taking with them), and there are quite a few who store it in their bra rather than a pocket. NGL it's a safer place than a pocket.

ultra 240p maybe?

Is that even really ultra though?

I was screwing around in command prompt at school. This kid literally gets up and yells, yeah, the whole room is silent "OMG SO-AND-SO IS HAXXING!"

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

I was screwing around in command prompt at school. This kid literally gets up and yells, yeah, the whole room is silent "OMG SO-AND-SO IS HAXXING!"

Those hacking skills.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

they also do not believe thats pc's have had the same graphical power for 2 or 3 years now. 

They haven't.

well I have an a8 6600K does that mean my computer is 6600 times faster?

No. Clearly the K signifies thousands, so it'd be 6,600,000x faster.

You might want to check the date on those posts. I don't quote anything older than a month.

I've been away for a while. I'm catching up.

I think they used more than $5 worth of TIM on that.. Also, Imagine how hard that would be to take off if you waited 2-3 more years.. Time to grab the truck and tie a rope to the cooler.

Lol.. My school doesn't have regedit or MSCONFIG blocked but they finally blocked Task Manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc... :( Now when a computer freezes, I can't restart explorer as all of the computers are slow Athlon B22's and then the cheapest Chromebooks you can find.. Look at the Samsung Chromebook. You can bend it with ease... :/

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I think they used more than $5 worth of TIM on that.. Also, Imagine how hard that would be to take off if you waited 2-3 more years.. Time to grab the truck and tie a rope to the cooler.

Lol.. My school doesn't have regedit or MSCONFIG blocked but they finally blocked Task Manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc... :( Now when a computer freezes, I can't restart explorer as all of the computers are slow Athlon B22's and then the cheapest Chromebooks you can find.. Look at the Samsung Chromebook. You can bend it with ease... :/

Didn't hear anything about a Chromebook #bendgate - wonder what that says about Chromebooks, Apple and people in general.

Didn't hear anything about a Chromebook #bendgate - wonder what that says about Chromebooks, Apple and people in general.

Its just poor construction... At least they don't stay bent.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Its just poor construction... At least they don't stay bent.

Ah, now the laws of physics dictate* that things can be un-whatevertheywere'd so I'm pretty sure one could unbend an iPhone. That said, it may not function well afterwards, but then again phones don't always function well when bent either so that's to be expected.

*most of the time. Sometimes they let things do what they want.

†Like earphones, which will always tangle no matter how neatly you put them away, or eggs which can never be uncooked and often can't be unscrambled.

‡This might be a nod to the Pratchettian Method of Footnotes found in most books because they're more interesting to include than chapters.

Yeah, but a lot of women carry huge ass bags around with them with enough room to fit an mITX lan rig if you were so inclined (or 10 million things that guys would never think of taking with them), and there are quite a few who store it in their bra rather than a pocket. NGL it's a safer place than a pocket.

Yeah, companies make money whenever women buy purses so that's why they don't get pockets...

And wouldn't having an iPhone pressed against your boobs just feel, I dunno, a little strange....?

Not that I'm experienced in the subject but ya know....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Yeah, companies make money whenever women buy purses so that's why they don't get pockets...

And wouldn't having an iPhone pressed against your boobs just feel, I dunno, a little strange....?

Not that I'm experienced in the subject but ya know....

I saw one day in a local grocery store someone carrying her phablet (couldn't tell what, but I'm pretty sure it was bigger than 5" just by looking at the size) that way. Just... Wha...? Can't people use pockets nowadays or just a purse? (funny, as she had a purse with her, but she carried her phone in her bra. What the heck was she thinking?)

Sometimes, I wish that I could just move far away from here... To be surrounded by more intelligent people as opposed to more or less idiots...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I saw one day in a local grocery store someone carrying her phablet (couldn't tell what, but I'm pretty sure it was bigger than 5" just by looking at the size) that way. Just... Wha...? Can't people use pockets nowadays or just a purse? (funny, as she had a purse with her, but she carried her phone in her bra. What the heck was she thinking?)

Sometimes, I wish that I could just move far away from here... To be surrounded by more intelligent people as opposed to more or less idiots...

You're less likely to have it stolen...and if someone tries to they've got two valid claims against them (not just theft) AND probably witnesses to it. And it'd be a lot easier to notice than something in a pocket (particularly a back pocket - why I don't keep my wallet there).

You're less likely to have it stolen...and if someone tries to they've got two valid claims against them (not just theft) AND probably witnesses to it. And it'd be a lot easier to notice than something in a pocket (particularly a back pocket - why I don't keep my wallet there).

well lots of people carry phones in their back pocked (i do). But most only do it because a big phone (6+") feels uncomfortable in a front pocket.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

well lots of people carry phones in their back pocked (i do). But most only do it because a big phone (6+") feels uncomfortable in a front pocket.

I've always carried everything in my front pockets. It's safer and feels better to me 'cause you don't sit on whatever's in your pockets :P