Experiences with non-techies

One time a guy asked me "If you know so much about computers - what is the electrical resistance to a intel processor? I you don't know the answer you don't know anything." I laughed so hard. :DDD 

Someone have said the same thing to me just answered what is the model of your CPU they usually shut up after that xD

One is my friend who recently got a new phone. I asked "is it good" to which he replied "yes it's quad core" * facepalm *

Two DVD Drives? You do a lot of burning?

Also, why one 120GB and one 250GB SSD?

I ended up being willing to let someone else get the 120GB SSD, and I do a lot of burning and like to leave my game in while I watch a movie or something. Now I have my 160GB Momentus 5400.6 instead of the 120GB SSD.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well at this point is pointless not to lump hackers and crackers in one happy group because the media has been doing this for so long that the Average Joe thinks that all hackers are bad. The media could at least identify the group of hackers that ey are talking about. (black hat, grey hat, white hat)

what does grey hat mean I know white hat and black hat but if you could maybe you could explain them to me the best way you can

what does grey hat mean I know white hat and black hat but if you could maybe you could explain them to me the best way you can

Grey Hatters are in between White Hat and Black Hat they do are doing both good and bad depending on who you ask.

Grey Hatters are in between White Hat and Black Hat they do are doing both good and bad depending on who you ask.

Like Anonymous.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

thanks

Mom: *gets annoyed by fake ad that PC has a virus*

Me: Hey mom, you want AdBlock? It'll stop that plus more.

Mom: no, it's fine.

Everyday at work, at least 5-10 times:

Customer: "hi I need a cord for my phone"

Me: "ok no problem, what phone do you have?"

Customer: "an iphone"

Me: "alright, witch generation?"

Customer: "i don't know.."

Me is back!!!!

Today I was on PCPartPicker in the computer lab and two kids were talking, one pointed at me and whispered, "What is he doing?" The other kid was like "I think he's hacking..."

I facepalmed so hard that my face was molded into a hand for the duration of Science, the period after my lunch which I spent in the tech room. I didn't facepalm that hard, but I easily could have.

By the way, I did sign into LTT this morning from school, so I was not missing. I just didn't post here.

ayy lmao, i was on PCPartPicker and this one little shit thought i was trying to hack the computer lol

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Conversation on one of Linus' videos:

Person 1: shuttuppp a**swapper fa**ot! Please delete utube account & do not mention apple products! Thnx

Person 2: please throw your computer out the window. thx.

Person 1: shutupp, u indoor gaming fa**ot!! Go outside u wirthless mindsh*t smooth handed d**k licker!

Person 2: ur a stupid head!

That last one was priceless.

Classic fanboys.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

Yeah wait how is he not warned or banned yet

I was warned, and some how they deleted my pic, the problem was that I didn´t know that there was a rule for profile pic  :wacko:  :wacko:

nvm I just changed it, it may not be too awesome like the other, but i´ll get a better one! :P

I heard someone say today Macs were good for gaming.

I was warned, and some how they deleted my pic, the problem was that I didn´t know that there was a rule for profile pic  :wacko:  :wacko:

nvm I just changed it, it may not be too awesome like the other, but i´ll get a better one! :P

What was it before?

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

Why wat did he do?

his profile picture was "inappropriate" for the website as it contained partial nudity

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Everyday at work, at least 5-10 times:

Customer: "hi I need a cord for my phone"

Me: "ok no problem, what phone do you have?"

Customer: "an iphone"

Me: "alright, witch generation?"

Customer: "i don't know.."

I don't work at a tech store but I did come through someone that said "oh I have the white iPhone"

UM

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

Whats your new pic from? Looks familiar.....

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Whats your new pic from? Looks familiar.....

It's just soccer.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

How did she manage that?

Same thing did my best friends aunt. i asked him the exact same question... :D 

My mom is one of those people that doesn't care to learn the simple things so if something is wrong she assumes its a virus or the site is broken and I get summoned. Fix w/e it is and then she talks to her friends as if I'm some kind of god. Its kinda embarrassing the way she talks about it and I'm there with them starring at me.

i7-4770k 4.7Ghz delidded w/ H100i | Z87-GD65 | 8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 | Asus GTX 780 DC2OC@1241/1772 | Corsair AX760 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Corsair Force GT 60GB | Hatachi Laptop 360GB HHD | HAF 922 | Win 8.1 64-bit | Razer Ouroboros |

Siberia V2 | Logitech K120

Xbox360 | Tritton 720+ | Xim3