Follow Linus Media Group

Oops, wrong thread.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:17 AM, WestcoastPCBuilder said:

Oops, wrong thread.

that's what she said.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2013 at 7:27 PM, LinusTech said:

I just realized there isn't a thread  where you can quickly and easily follow all of the members of Linus Media Group across the various social media platforms. I've put asterisks next to the ones I believe are the most "active" 

The Team

Linus Tech Tips YouTube Channel - Unboxings, product overviews, and behind the scenes

Twitch.TV Live Stream Channel - The WAN Show (Weekly Analysis & News) focused on Technology. Fridays at about 4:30 pacific time

Tech Quickie YouTube Channel - Paid projects for partners go here as well as the "as Fast As Possible" series of videos about technology

Channel Super Fun YouTube Channel - All sorts of activities from games, sports to pranks and crafts

NCIXcom YouTube Channel - Product showcases, system showcases, and other technology videos for Canada's leading PC e-tailer NCIX.com. Some content here not made by Linus Media Group

Linus

*** Personal LinusTech Twitter - Most of Linus' random thoughts and pictures go here. Main Twitter account for interaction on The WAN Show weekly live cast. New videos get announced here. Great for when YouTube subscribers aren't getting notifications (seems like always).

Personal @LinusTech Instagram - Basically all Instagram updates waterfall to Twitter, so you'll get the bulk of the content there

LinusTech Facebook Page - All Instagram and Twitter updates waterfall to here. Occasional Facebook shares of things people send me. Mostly exists for people who don't want to use Twitter.

Slick

** Slick's Personal Twitter - Mostly used for inbound communication but some news updates, and many LinusTechTips.com community updates.

Personal Luke_Lafr Twitch Channel - Used to Moderate the WAN show and also some game streams.

Edzel

** Edzel Yago's Personal Twitter - Random thoughts and updates. Active communication with followers. Some early previews of things Linus Media Group is working on.

Brandon

B-Roll's Personal Twitter - Easiest way to contact B-Roll about anything related to working at Linus Media Group or anything else.

Taran

Taran's Personal Twitter - Easiest way to contact him. Taran will be working on Fast As Possible for Tech Quickie so sending suggestions for future topics might not be a bad idea.

Yvonne

Personal Twitter

Nick L

Personal Twitter

Nick Van Berkel

Personal Twitter

Dennis

Personal Twitter

Jon

Personal Twitter

Colton

Personal Twitter

Personal "Caltane" Twitch Channel: Games

Why no Luke?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a general question about your videos and I'm not sure where to ask it.

You say you're shooting in 8K! YouTube is only showing the 4K. 

I've got two questions:

- what are you using to shoot 8K video on? There aren't a lot of choices today.

- Can you upload a short clip of 8K content somewhere? I'd love to see a clip and try it out on the one 8K display I have access to.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that LTT channel in Youtube is nearing 1 billion views (about 2 million short at the moment).

This calls for a celebration. I have cold beer waiting in the fridge and refresh button all warmed up.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:50 PM, chatterbeak said:

I have a general question about your videos and I'm not sure where to ask it.

You say you're shooting in 8K! YouTube is only showing the 4K. 

I've got two questions:

- what are you using to shoot 8K video on? There aren't a lot of choices today.

- Can you upload a short clip of 8K content somewhere? I'd love to see a clip and try it out on the one 8K display I have access to.

They have a red weapon helium and a red helium epic-w :)

YouTube is very picky with 8k, some people tried uploading an 8k clip only for it to be stuck processing and never going past 1440p

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/comments/4o4yiz/anyone_here_have_success_uploading_8k_footage_to/

On 1/23/2017 at 6:43 PM, ElevenXI said:

Why no Luke?

Luke is or use to be referred to as Slick. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

20 hours ago, DanielMiddletown said:

I noticed that LTT channel in Youtube is nearing 1 billion views (about 2 million short at the moment).

This calls for a celebration. I have cold beer waiting in the fridge and refresh button all warmed up.

They'll probably hit it in the next couple of days :D

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2013 at 4:43 AM, Pintend said:

I think the reason is Linus does not want people to know about their steam account so they don't get spammed with friend requests. Understandable I suppose.

A steam group would be a nice idea though.

I definitely agree with this. Linus has admitted a few times about having basically given up his personal life to be who and where he is, but it wouldn't really be fair to expect him to be having to keep up with his fans when he is trying to chill playing games. That is if he even has time for that shit anymore!

• 1 month later...
On 2013-08-07 at 2:08 AM, LinusTech said:

It is as legit as the frames he wears with no lenses in them.

Shots fired.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2013 at 1:27 AM, LinusTech said:

Nick Van Berkel

Personal Twitter

well you shall be remembered here then. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing Luke being referred to as Slick again brings back old memories, is there a reason for him not being referred to as Luke in this thread?

Also a Steam and or Discord group would be nice, especially considering the gamer-centric nature of the channel, especially as of late.

1 hour ago, Revenshee said:

Seeing Luke being referred to as Slick again brings back old memories, is there a reason for him not being referred to as Luke in this thread?

Also a Steam and or Discord group would be nice, especially considering the gamer-centric nature of the channel, especially as of late.

BECAUSE

because this thread is old

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

11 minutes ago, JDE said:

BECAUSE

because this thread is old

Who still remembers when Ed was referred to as Diesel? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 9/14/2013 at 6:37 PM, kushal171 said:

quick question 

does NCIX( haha nearrly left it as NCIS i watch too much of it =P)
does ncix pay u for the vids u do for them because if they dont isnt it a waste of time?

hehe i hope he readz thish

yea probably 

• 3 weeks later...

this needs to be updated...

cTurtle98 - Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k

COOLER: Thermaltake - Water 3.0 Extreme S
MOBO: Asrock z270 killer sli/ac

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200

SSD 1: Intel - 600p Series 1TB M.2-2280 (Windows)

SSD 2: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME (POP_OS)

GPU: MSI - GTX 1070

PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular

CASE: Thermaltake - Versa H26

cTurtle98 - Portable PC

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600

COOLER: NH-L9a-AM4

MOBO: ASRock - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair - Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

SSD 1: Intel - 600p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 (Windows)

SSD 2: 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" (Manjaro)

SSD 3: PNY - CS1311 120 GB 2.5" (POP_OS)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB MINI ITX OC

PSU: HDPLEX 400 AC-DC DC-ATX Combo

CASE: NFC Skyreach 4 mini

• 1 month later...