Want a Facepalm? Read this article!

tennisman

I think the went with ubisofts cinematic excuse

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I keep getting told off by my friends that Macs are superior in every aspect, including gaming. I was shown this article. After reading it, all I could do was facepalm.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac/best-mac-for-gaming-3446272/

First of all, (facepalm). Second of all, in my opinion NO MAC SHOULD BE USED FOR GAMING! 

Numbre

I keep getting told off by my friends that Macs are superior in every aspect, including gaming. I was shown this article. After reading it, all I could do was facepalm.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac/best-mac-for-gaming-3446272/

Only thing I found wrong was that the storage can cause stuttering and that PCI-E would show a difference in gaming over an HDD.

Otherwise, it's a good article of which Mac to get if you want a Mac to game on.

Don't see why all of the hate is here - y'all's arguments are as fanboyish for Windows Gaming as iSheep are to Apple.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

First of all, (facepalm). Second of all, in my opinion NO MAC SHOULD BE USED FOR GAMING! 

Unless you're a badass and run an eGPU over thunderbolt 2

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Apple Mac computers make great games machines.

Bullshit

Apple currently building some of the finest computers money can buy

More Bullshit

you’ll need a machine that has a powerful graphics processing unit (GPU), fast internal storage (often called flash storage), and a display that can keep up with everything that is going on in the game.

Are you sure?

raw CPU speed seems to be the defining factor.

Lol K

In contrast the Intel Iris Pro has an additional 128MB of its own eDRAM

WOW!

Currently 1GB and 2GB options are available on the iMac, and a 2GB option on the top-end MacBook Pro.

So much!

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

So basically the article is telling you to buy the "omg so amazing superior system" and then install the inferior OS on it so it can play games.

Right.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

So basically the article is telling you to buy the "omg so amazing superior system" and then install the inferior OS on it so it can play games.

Right.

Still waiting for Vulkan. Funny cause I'll still use Windows (Application support, sadly) but I really like Linux OS's.

i didnt read the article,  im afraid to... i might not face palm but knock my self out...

oh apple people ...

its turning into a bit of a cult at this stage

Oh yeah, game on a Mac... If you'd like to put up with installing Windows to access all your games and buying an eGPU that can cost as much as a Windows PC with the desktop GPU!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Only thing I found wrong was that the storage can cause stuttering and that PCI-E would show a difference in gaming over an HDD.

Otherwise, it's a good article of which Mac to get if you want a Mac to game on.

Don't see why all of the hate is here - y'all's arguments are as fanboyish for Windows Gaming as iSheep are to Apple.

Because OSX supports a lot of games and it's the platform for games, you can game on Macs but they aren't made for gaming.

Look at the video you can actually game but from what I can see the purpose of Macs are for editing and shit like that and I've never seen Macs advertised for gaming.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

MACS ARE NOT FOR GAMING WTF

they ar eover price editing machines thats about it.

IAN :o

several grammar errors

I cry so hard for people who believe this

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

So basically its saying os x is the best for gaming,  thats why you download windows 

The real facepalm here is that LTT is unaware that a mac website might talk up the virtues of a mac. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

i didnt read the article,  im afraid to... i might not face palm but knock my self out...

oh apple people ...

its turning into a bit of a cult at this stage

Because the PC gamer mentality isn't a cult?

People get the shit taken out of them here for even mentioning that Apple products/consoles aren't bad for what they do.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

People get the shit taken out of them here for even mentioning that Apple products/consoles aren't bad for what they do.

Sad isn't it,  

Sometimes it'd be nice if people considered things a little more deeply than just blindly following what the last person said. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sad isn't it,  

Sometimes it'd be nice if people considered things a little more deeply than just blindly following what the last person said. 

Moose, I think that's just too much to ask of people anymore.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

well pc gamer isnt a bad cult ;)

It's... pretty sensible, actually. It talks up the benefits of having a dedicated GPU over integrated, it makes note that a mac user probably has other priorities beyond gaming so should consider those. This is very much an article with "productivity machine that also happens to game," in mind, as opposed to a PC for gaming. All I'm seeing is more tribal bullshit on the part of LTT members.

And Valve have been pushing for Mac support longer than they have for Linux, and really the more open the field of gaming platforms is, the better.