[Poll] How useful is touch on laptops?

So i'm starting uni soon and i'm in a search for an ultrabook, and i narrowed it down to the XPS 13 2015 (non-touch) and the HP Spectre X360 (Convertible). Both have an i5-5200U processor, 8gb of ram, and a 256gb SSD. Both of them also cost 1000$. The only difference between them is the touch-screen display, with the dell having slightly longer battery life as a result.

I find the XPS 13 more attractive, as it is lighter, smaller, more modern, and the screen is gorgeous. Also it's a matte screen.

The HP Spectre on the other hand has a touch screen display, and it can fold in different ways, also you can use it with an active digitizer pen similar to the Surface Pro 3. Which, on paper sounds useful for writing notes in class, diagrams and equations, though i don't have any experience with it and neither do my friends.

For that i need your help. Do you use a convertible laptop and can comment on its usefulness? or do you prefer a non-touch display for work/ study. Right now the HP Spectre seems like the wiser buy, but i'm not 100% sold on it.

Thanks in advance!

Never used it, but can't see myself using it (much).

It's probably not enough to be a bonus and certainly not a deal breaker, but a cool extra thing.

(I hate filthy screens)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I don't have a laptop at all, but sometimes when i use a laptop, and it has a touchscreen, i use it when it's not reacting fast enough.

Trying the mouse first, if that doesn't work. Poke the crap out of it! Usually works funny enough :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

If I would have to choose between the two, then I would take the Dell. Not because I don't like touchscreens. Simply because I hate HP notebooks.

But back to the touchscreen. I wouldn't need it, but I think it's nice to have one. But I think once I would get used to it, I couldn't live without it.

It's a neat feature is about as far as I can say. I could easily live without it, but there have been some cases where it was just plain convenient to have it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I didn't vote as it depends on what applications you use to how good it is.

I like the touch screens becasue they get rid of the terrible bezel on alot of laptops. i almost never use the touch screen i just like the looks

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

really usefull comes in so handy for web browsing 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

I like the touch screens becasue they get rid of the terrible bezel on alot of laptops. i almost never use the touch screen i just like the looks

I don't understand. What does the touchscreen have to do with the screen bezel?

As far as i know, when making a convertible laptop you have to add bezel so it wouldn't awkward to handle in tablet mode, not the other way around.

I don't understand. What does the touchscreen have to do with the screen bezel?

As far as i know, when making a convertible laptop you have to add bezel so it wouldn't awkward to handle in tablet mode, not the other way around.

He meant edge to edge glass. Although, you can get that on non touch screen laptops such as mbp too.

He meant edge to edge glass. Although, you can get that on non touch screen laptops such as mbp too.

Oh, now i get it. But as far as looks are concerned, imo the XPS 13 has the superior design. The HP Spectre looks like the macbook pro's twin.