WTF, Apple

So The Iphone 6 has been out for a while now, and usually the release of a new Iphone is alongside a release of a new Ipod touch. The Ipod touch 5th gen is still being produced, but the chipset it has will mean It'll be left out in he next ios update. So what do you guys think? Is apple just biding their time, or Is the Ipod touch line being scrapped.

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

iPod Touch might get an update, If anything they should scrap the other iPods, the iPod touch is one of the popular ones. 

Scraping the whole line might happen though, everyone has a phone nowadays. soon a watch D: 

I don't know, but either way the touch isn't selling as well as it used to. I saw a little kid (probably 8 or 9) with a smartphone the other day. It wasn't his mother's, she had her own as well. Smartphones are becoming more popular, iPod touch is becoming less popular. iPod sales in general are declining.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Why not? It was actually revolutionary back some time ago. Now its outdated. 

Our phones do the exact same job at a lower cost

I didn't know what to put here...

I don't know, but either way the touch isn't selling as well as it used to. I saw a little kid (probably 8 or 9) with a smartphone the other day. It wasn't his mother's, she had her own as well. Smartphones are becoming more popular, iPod touch is becoming less popular. iPod sales in general are declining.

I can see why sales of the regular Ipods declining, but suppose you wanted the same functionality of an Iphone, but you can't afford a contract (right now, a contract free iphone 6 is about 700$). I dunno, Just doesn't make sense to me.

Will Barnes

Radeon Master Race Club Member

At my local elementary school, kindergartners have iPhones 6s. 

who cares, they should just scrap the whole thing and go back to making the ipod classic, lots of memory with afaik a decent dac.

I for one think that Apple should scrap the iPod touch, continue to make the iPod nano and shuffle,

and most importantly revive the iPod classic as a DAP with SSD up to 1TB with thunderbolt 2.0 and it will also act as an USB DAC

I can only dream.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

The Ipod just doesnt make sense....

Children or the fact they are smaller and lighter than a phone which is useful for working out. I also have one just for on my boat. I like to still use my phone but want music so an iPod is a great compromise. 

who cares, they should just scrap the whole thing and go back to making the ipod classic, lots of memory with afaik a decent dac.

That would be nice, except its geared towards kids now. I don't think they'll shift their marketing to adults. 

Besides if a phone is a better iPod and a USB DAC would be better than a DAC built into an iPod.

I for one think that Apple should scrap the iPod touch, continue to make the iPod nano and shuffle,

and most importantly revive the iPod classic as a DAP with SSD up to 1TB with thunderbolt 2.0 and it will also act as an USB DAC

I can only dream.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I have a Ipod because I enjoy the functionality however i prefer Android for my actual phone. Also I overclocked my samsung galaxy s3 some time ago, actual went pretty well, but the phone ended up almost burning my leg from my pocket cause it was running so hot, despite the faster speeds I would not say it was worth it

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

The iPod touch was my first mobile device, it's a real shame to see it go like this. Children are more interested on phones and iPads now. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I think it hurt the iPod touch line when Apple made an update to the 5th gen WITHOUT a back camera and with the same specs as the 5th gen (to my knowledge). It just didn't make sense...

CPU: AMD FX-6100 OC'd to 4.5GHz  - GPU: GT 630  -  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB - RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw X 8GB - Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) - Cooling: CM Seidon 120M

Update Plans: New graphics card

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 3 (14 Inch) - Phone: Galaxy S6 32GB (White) running Lollipop - Watch: Samsung Gear Live (Black)

It will probably stopped being produced soon, they dont sell very well these days

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why would you buy an iPod touch?

For $179, you can get the ASUS MeMO Pad 7 with a 7" 1080p screen, Intel Atom chipset and 16GB of storage.

For ~$250, you can get the original iPad Mini (not recommended), an OK Windows Tablet or a bunch of Android tablets that will blow the iPod out of the water.

For $300, you can get the original Retina iPad Mini, the Shield Tablet or the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (on sale for $300, seems to be indefinite because they keep pushing the sale's end back a week every time they reach the date they say it ends, LOL)

The iPod Touch and even the iPod line as a whole no longer makes sense. When the iPhone and original iPod Touch launched, it was a cheaper way to get iOS. When the iPad launched, the Touch was a cheaper version for kids and stuff. When most people in first world countries (you know, the people buying iPods) own phones with music apps, it was the cheapest way to get into Apple's ecosystem. Now, with the original iPad Mini at $250 (which is still too expensive) and plenty of MUCH higher performing tablets at the same price or CHEAPER than the Touch, there's no reason for iPod to exist anymore.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Apple DOMINATES the MP3 player market. No competetors, except the iPhone, which is also apple. I do believe they will scrap the iPods for iPhones. World iPhone domination.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

thiers nothing wrong with the current ipod touch 5g

i have it still runs somethly, thiers like 1 or 2 games it can't run

and its not worth ipods anymore their are fucking kids in elementary school with iphones now.

profits are too low

The Ipod just doesnt make sense....

maybe in your case but before i was old enough to have a phone i still wanted to get apps and play games so for me the Ipod touch mad a lot of sense 

~ Maybe the cup is just too big ~

iPod Touch might get an update, If anything they should scrap the other iPods, the iPod touch is one of the popular ones. 

Scraping the whole line might happen though, everyone has a phone nowadays. soon a watch D: 

Serious? I much prefer having a separate music device to my phone. I've had both a 5th & 6th gen iPod Nano, and hands down they're a much better music experience than my phone, which happens to be an iPhone 4. I get a good 30+ hours out of my Nano for playback, where as my phone on top of all the other functions it also does it is a real drain on the battery and I would get maybe half a day out of it.

Also, if my phone dies so does my music player, fuck that noise. The iPod still has it's place I reckon, also i'd rather lend my iPod to someone to play music on a dock or blue tooth speaker or something rather than my phone which has private things like message logs, my facebook and other social media I don't think people need access to.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14