I better win some type of award for this..

P3oScG0.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I better win some type of award for this

P3oScG0.png

You ain't getting no freaking award, sorry dude. Info direct from Linus himself! :P JK

^ THAT'S MY POST ^

< THAT'S MY AVATAR THAT'S YOUR SCROLLBAR >

HOW'RE YOU DOIN'?

Thanks man! Interesting video. :)

@nicklmg

^ THAT'S MY POST ^

HOW'RE YOU DOIN'?

That is a sick looking keyboard :o I gotta question the keyboard ad on a keyboard video though. I know they're two different companies, but surely you could've chosen an advert for like Intel or something

GW2: Vettexl.9726

If you are the first view, it says "no views". Lol

Oh crappity crap! - Alex Striz :D

^ THAT'S MY POST ^

HOW'RE YOU DOIN'?

~~

If you are the first view, it says "no views". Lol

I assume Linus or someone has already watched the video before posting. Or Nick as he was copying the link to paste here.

How about this?

dvkhD8P.png

Thanks for le golden star

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I don't see what's with the facepalm, it just seems a little spammy.

He makes a decent point. It's called a conflict of interest. Sure, someone in the market for a NovaTouch TKL may not be in the market for the more expensive, handbuilt Datamancer, but we don't know that.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I really would love to have one of their other keyboards but the cost...

Blarg

That is a sick looking keyboard :o I gotta question the keyboard ad on a keyboard video though. I know they're two different companies, but surely you could've chosen an advert for like Intel or something

Eh, I don't really see an issue with it. If someone is spending $750 on the Datamancer, an ad for a Novatouch isn't going to make them change their mind and spend $600 less on a completely different class of product.

If anything maybe they'll buy both, because only someone with a ton of dough is going to be buying a Datamancer LOL.

I don't see what's with the facepalm, it just seems a little spammy.

He makes a decent point. It's called a conflict of interest. Sure, someone in the market for a NovaTouch TKL may not be in the market for the more expensive, handbuilt Datamancer, but we don't know that.

There are probably quite a few keyboard enthusiasts who will watch this video but won't be able to afford the Datamancer... They may appreciate the ad being about a more affordable option in the same category.

I don't think anyone is really going to say that a Datamancer and a Novatouch are competitors... at last I don't think so.

There are probably quite a few keyboard enthusiasts who will watch this video but won't be able to afford the Datamancer... They may appreciate the ad being about a more affordable option in the same category.

I don't think anyone is really going to say that a Datamancer and a Novatouch are competitors... at last I don't think so.

The price points and target markets are completely different, yes. The product in the end still performs the same function: it's a keyboard.

also for your personal knowledge, you may want to read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

The same concern would be raised if he posted a video about a mouse from Company X, and the ad was a mouse from Company Y

EDIT: @nicklmg in the end it's your call but I'm just pointing it out.

If the keyboards were price-competitive, you would definitely have a point. I just don't think it applies in this case.

If the keyboards were price-competitive, you would definitely have a point. I just don't think it applies in this case.

If you feel it's fine then like I said, it's your call. I just found it a bit odd.

The price points and target markets are completely different, yes. The product in the end still performs the same function: it's a keyboard.

"It's a keyboard" is such a blanket statement. A Datamancer and a $30 membrane are both keyboards.

If you feel it's fine then like I said, it's your call. I just found it a bit odd.

I appreciate you pointing it out - I just don't think it's an issue.

I really really love the look of the Datamancer keyboards, there is just something that gets to me with functional art. I never really got the point of art just to look at it, I feel like needs to have some practical application. So far the only other products that i know of that really scratch this itch would be something like the In-Win D frame which is one of In-Wins open air computer chassis. If I honestly had the money I would buy one.

I have to add it to my line of expensive things that I will own someday. Right now I currently have my eyes set on the Obutto Ozone as I had no Idea that something like gaming cockpits existed in a mass produced fashion, the inner Battletech Geek in me demands one for playing mechwarrior online.

I like the industrial look of the frame, but these keys......

Although, if I had the money, I would rather buy a Qwerkywriter.

qwerkypadthird.jpg

:D

Nice little business they have going. Very unique

But I cant say I would get one.

TBH im still using my rather aged Logitech G15 (original orange version). And whilst  I would very much like a mechanical keyboard, once one has got used to a LCD screen keyboard, u just cant go back. I use the little screen so often I really cant do without it. So im waiting on a mechanical keyboard that comes with a LCD screen.

Honestly, if I was to spend an obscene amount of money on a keyboard, despite it not being mechanical, it would have to be the MadCatz S.T.R.I.K.E 7 to go with my R.A.T 7 MMO mouse and G.L.I.D.E 7 pad.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I really love the type write look to it, really awesome. If I had a 1000$ to spend on a keyboard that would definitely be it! I actually think the price is fine since they are built by a small team by hand and made specifically for the buyer (if I understood right). This isn't for the average joe anyways.

*the rest of their stuff is equally impressive, too!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's really a good looking keyboard, but I wouldn't have it! :(

Looks interesting but the price quickly solved that problem for me :D

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I better win some type of award for this..

P3oScG0.png

Didnt even like the vid...

Biggest rip-off I have ever seen. Everyone had there hopes up getting this keyboard for less than $200-$250 and no one expected $750. Seems like they built the keyboard for $200 and sold it for $750.