Sen. Feinstein Says Anarchist Cookbook Should Be "Removed From the Internet"

Syntaxvgm

owners who refuse to report what they have (which is usually a vault's worth).

I can't imagine why anyone would report what they have, after the hurricane katrina gun confiscation thing.

Actually no the last count was 430 million guns for 360 million residents of the US.

That's inaccurate. The most up to date numbers I can find, are 270-310 million guns

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/06/04/a-minority-of-americans-own-guns-but-just-how-many-is-unclear/

govt. agencies have to defend themselves from whacko conspiracy theory-driven militias and lone wolves. I wouldn't be bothered if every government agent carried two weapons each. They get attacked often enough to warrant it. Also, no, that does not include illegal guns coming over the borders and doesn't even include the various owners who refuse to report what they have (which is usually a vault's worth).

Have you even heard of the right to privacy?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's inaccurate. The most up to date numbers I can find, are 270-310 million guns

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/06/04/a-minority-of-americans-own-guns-but-just-how-many-is-unclear/

Have you even heard of the right to privacy?

In the words of Posner, a former supreme court judge: "our ancient ancestors got along fine without it, and it primarily benefits criminals. Modern society has little use for it." Mind you he speaks from the perspective the government isn't oppressive (and still isn't). Defending privacy from regimes such as China actually means something. Here in the civilized world it does little more than slow down investigators and enforcers of the law as established by democratically elected representatives of the people.

Also, pew is a right-wing rag when it comes to research, and in this instance it fails to even try to estimate the number of guns people don't admit to having while simultaneously not pointing out there is that giant gaping hole in their research. About 10 different university research teams from just the past 2 years would like to slap them across the face for violation of research ethics.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

My perception of your statement is that individuals are required/compelled to report on a voluntary basis and are refusing to do so. Is that what your stating/claiming?

Where in the USA do one have to report what they own outside of places like Ca that keep guns registered?

Even in California prior to 2014 "long guns"(shotguns, rifles, etc.) were not required to be registered at all once the NICS process was done. So in theory nobody knows how many long guns any single citizen whom bought prior to 2014 has.

No, I'm saying the research gun rights zealots love to quote fails to take into account people refusing to comment or admit they have guns, because people who tend to own lots of guns tend to also be paranoid and play close to the vest. In other words, it's wholly incomplete research which is then falsely reported.

So for all the guns Pew believes are there, there's at least 1/2 a gun they didn't account for per person due to there being unreported small arsenals all over the country held in private hands, sometimes hands of militias whose stated goal is the dismantling of the U.S. government. And that's before we even begin accounting for all the automatic military grade hardware smuggled in from Russia and Germany.

The reality is there are more guns than people in the country by a fair margin, but there's absolutely no need for it, and the ease by which people can acquire guns illegally is mind-boggling. If owners were responsible and if citizenry cooperated more with law enforcement there are so many tragedies which could be avoided, but what do I know? I'm just an uppity college punk who could not possibly have a legitimate opinion based in hard facts and solid reasoning who's stewed in a communist re-education camp (U.S. public education system) since he was 4-5. I couldn't possibly understand rights, their values, or the reasons to defend them, to summarize @Trik'Stari 's opinion of me. (any reason the mention function doesn't work with his username?)

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Those poll's are wildly inaccurate. What it really says is 37% of homes were willing to tell a random stranger on the phone that they have guns in the house. I know exactly what I would tell some random person calling me up and asking if I have guns. Just saying. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Those poll's are wildly inaccurate. What it really says is 37% of homes were willing to tell a random stranger on the phone that they have guns in the house. I know exactly what I would tell some random person calling me up and asking if I have guns. Just saying. 

good point.

I can't imagine why anyone would report what they have, after the hurricane katrina gun confiscation thing.

To be fair there were legitimate mugging and armed theft problems after Katrina.

Is the picture of Beyonce Photoshop-ed or is that actually a picture.

Its a real picture

On the gun debate.. As a european i really dont get you americans with your need for guns in every room of the house. Its not like you need them... Paranoid fucks xD

On the topic. She is a politician, we know all politicians are stupid. /thread

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

On the gun debate.. As a european i really dont get you americans with your need for guns in every room of the house. Its not like you need them... Paranoid fucks xD

Without trying to start a debate on guns because it's unnecessary, that's not what most Americans do. And it's also not because of paranoia.. for the most part.

I do agree with you on politicians but Feinstein in particular, she's an airhead.

Always trying to find reason.

You know, just to go off on a tangent, anarchy is stupidity. People don't realize that without a government to keep us in line, we all become animals.

Anarchy works unless there are groups that no one wants to fight  per se the mafia...

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

Without trying to start a debate on guns because it's unnecessary, that's not what most Americans do. And it's also not because of paranoia.. for the most part.

I do agree with you on politicians but Feinstein in particular, she's an airhead.

Well thats how outsiders see americans, as a stereotype. and stereotypes would exist without specimens that confirm them, sadly.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Well thats how outsiders see americans, as a stereotype. and stereotypes would exist without specimens that confirm them, sadly.

Or misinformation, stigmatism, things like that. I do not completely disagree with you at least.

Or misinformation, stigmatism, things like that. I do not completely disagree with you at least.

Im not saying its everyone. Just a vocal minority that then films shows for Discovery and History called American [insert] job, where we sane individuals* get all the information about your country xD

* might not be completly accurate

Im not saying its everyone. Just a vocal minority that then films shows for Discovery and History called American [insert] job, where we sane individuals* get all the information about your country xD

* might not be completly accurate

Can't blame you, I know why you would say that.

To be fair there were legitimate mugging and armed theft problems after Katrina.

That sounds like a situation I would want to own a gun in...

How the fuck do these people think something can be "removed" from the internet.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Its a real picture

I'm English. I don't like American gun culture I think people can own guns though but just not use them to kill other people. I find it interesting how each gun works as someone who is interested in engineering. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

How the fuck do these people think something can be "removed" from the internet.

This is the same woman who said we had to pass the "affordable healthcare act" to find out what was in it.

The woman is insane, senile, and not fit to be a lunch lady, let alone a senator.

Thought the title said Sinn Fein...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

And now there is a small group of internet citizens ensuring there are backup of backups of backups of the Anarchist Cookbook.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Its a real picture

Personally, my family has a couple guns (locked in a gun safe, not spread out through the house :P) because we live a couple miles outside the city limits of the city we live near and sherrifs don't patrol over near us often. If we called 911 because someone had broken into the house, it would take then at least 15 minutes to get there. Not really a good situation to be in without a way to effectively defend yourself.

Yeah, especially US politicians lol

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

You mean there are people above the age of ten that don't already know how to make a bomb? I mean you can make napalm from the contents of any kitchen cleaner cupboard.

AND... Here come the black helicopters.

- snip-

It can, but the difficulty is extremely high. Web caches can be erased, but the effort it takes is astronomical.

So she's scared of a book that has been circulating the real world and the internet for decades regardless of the fact that most of the book is full of shit.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Everything should be covered by the third amendment. I don't care about your 'view', its about principal and what it represents. I should be allowed to read how to make C4 in the same way I should be allowed to read how to build a bird house.

Copy right and stuff is a different thing, but that is a whole different mess.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.