LGBT community

carguy86

I am not trolling. Why do you think disagreeing is trolling. Attack my argument don't call me a troll

5 minutes ago, Levi Lapsley said:

I am not trolling. Attack my argument don't call me a troll

You are confusing this with high school debate class which I assure you this is not.  Your only intention is to start shit by trying to initiate a pointless argument rather than participate in the thread.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

You are confusing this with high school debate class which I assure you this is not.  Your only intention is to start shit by trying to initiate a pointless argument rather than participate in the thread.

I disagree with the phrasing used , I don't want to start shit. \wouldn't someone say something low key homophobic. I disagree so I politely say why.

1 minute ago, Levi Lapsley said:

Before this just gets worse, we don't need people to question our decisions. You're the only person I know of who has thought of the community of LGBT members as a demographic. Please stop trolling. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

6 minutes ago, Levi Lapsley said:

I disagree with the phrasing used , I don't want to start shit. \wouldn't someone say something low key homophobic. I disagree so I politely say why.

The words you are looking for are 'My bad, sorry guys'.

Just now, Levi Lapsley said:

what?

\\You're on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.\\

Anyways... In the sense of a community and a demographic, yes.

The reason for gay people forming a community is largely safety in numbers especially in areas where society and law is harder on gays. 

Gay people have been treated different for ages so I think largely to help people who think they might be gay a community of people who are also gay can often help.

I don't think you were trolling per se, and I don't see you as a homophobe. Considering that means an irrational fear of gays.

2 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Before this just gets worse, we don't need people to question our decisions. You're the only person I know of who has thought of the community of LGBT members as a demographic. Please stop trolling. 

image.png.7e9b72202d7796699f49e1534f90e80a.png

image.png.47be1ecc2171286a43e2c89251525545.png

Gay people are a particular sector of a population. 

As a gay person, who isn't a super huge fan of LGBT communities in general is the aversion to political opinions that does not reflect the hive mind of sorts.

This one actually isn't that bad barring some members who I don't exactly remember what the deal was which is fine since even if I did know I wouldn't want to really stir up any beef.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

This doesn't matter sometimes.

Coulda swore I embedded an image in that :thinking:

6 minutes ago, wcreek said:

\\You're on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.\\

Anyways... In the sense of a community and a demographic, yes.

The reason for gay people forming a community is largely safety in numbers especially in areas where society and law is harder on gays. 

Gay people have been treated different for ages so I think largely to help people who think they might be gay a community of people who are also gay can often help.

I don't think you were trolling per se, and I don't see you as a homophobe. Considering that means an irrational fear of gays.

image.png.7e9b72202d7796699f49e1534f90e80a.png

image.png.47be1ecc2171286a43e2c89251525545.png

Gay people are a particular sector of a population. 

As a gay person, who isn't a super huge fan of LGBT communities in general is the aversion to political opinions that does not reflect the hive mind of sorts.

This one actually isn't that bad barring some members who I don't exactly remember what the deal was which is fine since even if I did know I wouldn't want to really stir up any beef.

Yeah I don't care if someone is gay , straight or whatever. But by that definition of community i could say the "black haired community"

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Hmm?

I'll send it to you on Discord.

Just now, Levi Lapsley said:

Yeah I don't care if someone is gay , straight or whatever. But by that definition of community i could say the "black haired community"

I mean sure lol xD

But that's not me doing the word defining, this is where ever google pulls its definitions from.

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

This doesn't matter sometimes.

@Daring
who-would-win-t1len-tr-i-ik-i-l-mx-l-ae-

this is the embed

and honestly, I agree with it. 

I think in long distance relationships, largely you're testing patience and somewhat dedication and possibly even passion. 

If you're dedicated enough, and passionate enough. Eventually you can make the distance not a problem.

2 hours ago, wcreek said:

I think in long distance relationships, largely you're testing patience and somewhat dedication and possibly even passion. 

If you're dedicated enough, and passionate enough. Eventually you can make the distance not a problem.

This reminds nme of the movie “Going the Distance” starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

10 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

This reminds nme of the movie “Going the Distance” starring Drew Barrymore and Justin Long 

I certainly think what can doom a long distance relationship is that at least someone isn't willing to move. See, I have no particular ties here that force me to stay. I mean sure all the family I know lives up here but when my Great Grandma dies the only family I'll really interact with would be my mom, my grandma, my grandpa and my uncle. All on my mom's side. I never really met my dad's side. My mom and him were never married, and he was never really in my life all that much. To be morbid in ways, my dad's side is pretty much all dead anyways.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

I certainly think what can doom a long distance relationship is that at least someone isn't willing to move. See, I have no particular ties here that force me to stay. I mean sure all the family I know lives up here but when my Great Grandma dies the only family I'll really interact with would be my mom, my grandma, my grandpa and my uncle. All on my mom's side. I never really met my dad's side. My mom and him were never married, and he was never really in my life all that much. To be morbid in ways, my dad's side is pretty much all dead anyways.

If both partners are in their respective schools or careers, dropping either would be a very steep compromise.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

If both partners are in their respective schools or careers, dropping either would be a very steep compromise.

Oh yeah for sure. If you're tied down to your area because of school or a job you like, leaving them would be rough.

Fortunately for me I'm not too attached to my job or area. 

I had considered going to uni out of state or online if I was going to go to uni at all. I'd never considered the south, but because he's down there and the South seems fairly decent at least the larger cities like Atlanta, Nashville or heck even HSV. I've kinda came to liking the idea of living out there aside from just Jake being down there.

4 hours ago, wcreek said:

I certainly think what can doom a long distance relationship is that at least someone isn't willing to move. 

I never really appreciated that movie until my second boyfriend who has to move to the US. If he stayed in Philippines, he’ll probably resent me because I held him back from achieving his dreams. If I followed him in the US, I’d probably resent him because I have to drop out of college just to be with him and not having my dreams fulfilled. It hurts at first when we part waya but I realized that we’re better off apart doing our own shit. Right now he’s having the time of his life and I’m happy for him. 

Given the fact the fact that I’m such a hot mess when it comes to relationships, I’d rather live alone at the moment rather than be with someone. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I never really appreciated that movie until my second boyfriend who has to move to the US. If he stayed in Philippines, he’ll probably resent me because I held him back from achieving his dreams. If I followed him in the US, I’d probably resent him because I have to drop out of college just to be with him and not having my dreams fulfilled. It hurts at first when we part waya but I realized that we’re better off apart doing our own shit. Right now he’s having the time of his life and I’m happy for him. 

Ah. Yeah. I guess it helps, I really don't know what I really want to do. See I guess I'm willing to invest more into relationships as a way of seeking some fulfillment. To me, as nice as getting a nice job with lots of money would be, principally I want a happy home life. I guess though that's what I grew up with. My mom is a single parent, and we've been through some hardship but she has taught me that others have it worse and that even when we enter a hardship we still could've had it way worse.

For me, I'm willing to adapt to basically whatever I need to adapt to, to ensure that happiness can be met for both parties. Sometimes though my own mental issues kinda act as an interference to understanding how to adapt better and not take things as seriously or as personal as I might sometimes take them even when I try not to take it personally. Instead, I think maybe what would help in some instances is trying to understand better what the other might be trying to say if the intent is not 100% clear. Now in some cases the intent is clear, it was meant in a clearer way.  So, idk.

Someone from Europe explain something to me?  I just pre-ordered an anime BluRay with no North American license on Amazon.co.uk.  It listed it was £12.99 but upon checking out it was only £10.83.  Is this one of those VAT things, where by shipping to Canada, they removed the VAT from the price?

To be clear, I am aware that this will be a Region B disc and that's fine, I'm just ordering it to rip it for my media server, so it'll go into my BDRW drive, run through MakeMKV, and the disc will just live on a shelf from then on.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:23 AM, AshleyAshes said:

Someone from Europe explain something to me?  I just pre-ordered an anime BluRay with no North American license on Amazon.co.uk.  It listed it was £12.99 but upon checking out it was only £10.83.  Is this one of those VAT things, where by shipping to Canada, they removed the VAT from the price?

To be clear, I am aware that this will be a Region B disc and that's fine, I'm just ordering it to rip it for my media server, so it'll go into my BDRW drive, run through MakeMKV, and the disc will just live on a shelf from then on.

It's likely due the CETA, where import/export to and from Canada to and from the EU is now duty free on the wast majority of wares.

This would then translate to you not having to pay VAT in the EU country you buy from, but in Canada (or depending on how it works, the individual state).

Meaning that you might get prompted by the carrier to pay some VAT before they'll release the package for delivery. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes