LGBT community

carguy86
15 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I just left a concert with a shit ton of drunk people, more than I've seen before. But the concert itself was great. 

Things that piss me off during concerts:

1. People recording the concert with their smartphones.
  2. People recording the concert with their big ass tablets.
  3. Ticket scalpers

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Things that piss me off during concerts:

1. People recording the concert with their smartphones

I *might* have recorded some, but not video, just audio. Although it sounds like crap anyways (it was loud and I was somewhat close).

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

I *might* have recorded some, but not video, just audio. Although it sounds like crap anyways (it was loud and I was somewhat close).

This may sound evil of me but whenever I see someone recording a video during a concert, I always wish that their phones should get dropped and have a big crack on the screen. I mean why can't they just watch the damn thing without recording it, not only it is piracy but it's gonna look and sound like crap.

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

This may sound evil of me but whenever I see someone recording a video during a concert, I always wish that their phones should get dropped and have a big crack on the screen. I mean why can't they just watch the damn thing without recording it, not only it is piracy but it's gonna look and sound like crap.

I agree. There was this guy in front of me with a brand new Galaxy S8 with no case and he almost completely dropped it while recording. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I agree. There was this guy in front of me with a brand new Galaxy S8 with no case and he almost completely dropped it while recording. 

I'll probably roll in laughter if I saw a dude with a new GS8 or any new phone get dropped during a concert. 

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

I'll probably roll in laughter if I saw a dude with a new GS8 or any new phone get dropped during a concert. 

I was about to. A lot of times he thought he was recording and he hadn't pressed the record button, but I didn't say anything. 

I was about to. A lot of times he thought he was recording and he hadn't pressed the record button, but I didn't say anything. 

His phone saved itself probably

19 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Fun fact:

The lead singer/bassist of a band I once played in used to smack the phone out of people's hands when he saw them filming or taking pictures with them.

He also used to hit people in the face with the mic stand, so he might have been a bit of special case. 

Also, by the laws in most countries it's not piracy to film a concert. That's personal consumption of a live presentation.

It's considered in the same manner as ripping a CD to your computer. 

It's not piracy untill you make your recording available to the public. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

Also, by the laws in most countries it's not piracy to film a concert. That's personal consumption of a live presentation.

I won't mind if I'll ever attend a concert who called "for the total and complete shutdown of smartphone use (especially video recording) during concerts".

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

I won't mind if I'll ever attend a concert who called "for the total and complete shutdown of smartphone use (especially video recording) during concerts".

When I say Mayhem earlier this year they asked for people not to take pictures or film the show, and during the concert they had stewards walking among the attendees, making sure the audience didn't film.

Actually, filming doesn't bother me that much. It's more the blitz photographies.

Those can really ruin an atmosphere and they are immensely annoying when you're the one on stage.

33 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Fun fact:

The lead singer/bassist of a band I once played in used to smack the phone out of people's hands when he saw them filming or taking pictures with them.

He also used to hit people in the face with the mic stand, so he might have been a bit of special case. 

It still doesn't make sense though, you're there to see it live, if you weren't you would just stay home and watch a recording.  Which brings me to the second point, why record it when there's probably already recordings out there at vastly higher quality than you can ever do on your phone?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

After using the T420 with the extended battery and now the Aero 14 with its built-in 94.24Wh battery, I now believe that every laptop should have a big battery.

18 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It still doesn't make sense though, you're there to see it live, if you weren't you would just stay home and watch a recording.  Which brings me to the second point, why record it when there's probably already recordings out there at vastly higher quality than you can ever do on your phone?

You asked the wrong question to the wrong person. I've had numerous discussion about that very subject with some of my more artsy friends.

Here comes my thesis':

I would argue that people filming concerts is the ultimate sign of the complete democratization of art. 

The performer at a concert is no longer just the person on stage. The people in the audience are performing aswell.

The people on stage might be able to play a song, but the audience member is able to reappropriate the stage performance into their own art; their movie. 

It could therefor be argued that the audience (atleast the filming ones) aren't there to hear The Band play. They are there to create art of their own. 

It could also be argued that filming a concert is feeding the audience members "0,5 person". 

The "0,5 person" is an expression used in some sociological circles to express the outward presented, distant person we use to represent outselves on social media.

The person that's always with friends, having a good time or is traveling the world. The person that never feels like shit or just has an off day. 

Concert footage truely does feed this half person. It documents a good time, it documents something about your personality (namely your taste in music).

In essence, it doesn't matter that there's better live footage online, becuase that footage isn't yours. It doesn't represent you in anyway.  

MY BUILD! NOW IN MIAMI HOTLINE BLING! :)

Finally installed the Kraken X62 and NZXT HUE+ and NZXT RGB Fans woohoo... It amazes me that on the HUE + you can alter each LED colour independently ... so half a strip can be blue, and half pink ... on the same channel .. crazy!

compu_one.jpg

compu_one2.jpg

31 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Finally installed the Kraken X62 and NZXT HUE+ and NZXT RGB Fans woohoo... It amazes me that on the HUE + you can alter each LED colour independently ... so half a strip can be blue, and half pink ... on the same channel .. crazy!

I like how the computer's colors match so well with the background. I could seriously do with some color matching of my setup (which consists of ever color of the rainbow). 

1 hour ago, mrzoltowski said:

compu_one.jpg

compu_one2.jpg

DAMN that looks so clean!!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Trying to install an SSDSSD for a client's old laptop and getting a Win 7 . Iso to do it. Apparently, Microsoft does not allow free downloads, and the OEM key gets me nowhere. I've a disc, but that is at home, 4 hours away. And the recovery part stops at "incomplete". 

Seriously, Microsoft needs to die... 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

23 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Trying to install an SSDSSD for a client's old laptop and getting a Win 7 . Iso to do it. Apparently, Microsoft does not allow free downloads, and the OEM key gets me nowhere. I've a disc, but that is at home, 4 hours away. And the recovery part stops at "incomplete". 

There is a way of injecting code into the Microsoft Windows 10 iso download page that allows you to download 7 and 8.1 isos

3 hours ago, mrzoltowski said:

compu_one.jpg

compu_one2.jpg

Is that your car? 

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Microsoft once bailed out Apple in 1997 when Steve Jobs returned and it was nearing bankruptcy and it worked (e.g. IE as the default browser on Macs since 1997 to Mac OS X Jaguar in 2002). I don't know who's going to bail out Microsoft if they're in the same situation of nearing bankruptcy. I mean, they've pissed a lot of people lately. Although I don't think Microsoft is getting bankrupt anytime soon. 

9 hours ago, Volbet said:

You asked the wrong question to the wrong person. I've had numerous discussion about that very subject with some of my more artsy friends.

Here comes my thesis':

I would argue that people filming concerts is the ultimate sign of the complete democratization of art. 

The performer at a concert is no longer just the person on stage. The people in the audience are performing aswell.

The people on stage might be able to play a song, but the audience member is able to reappropriate the stage performance into their own art; their movie. 

It could therefor be argued that the audience (atleast the filming ones) aren't there to hear The Band play. They are there to create art of their own. 

It could also be argued that filming a concert is feeding the audience members "0,5 person". 

The "0,5 person" is an expression used in some sociological circles to express the outward presented, distant person we use to represent outselves on social media.

The person that's always with friends, having a good time or is traveling the world. The person that never feels like shit or just has an off day. 

Concert footage truely does feed this half person. It documents a good time, it documents something about your personality (namely your taste in music).

In essence, it doesn't matter that there's better live footage online, becuase that footage isn't yours. It doesn't represent you in anyway.  

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Microsoft once bailed out Apple in 1997 when Steve Jobs returned and it was nearing bankruptcy and it worked (e.g. IE as the default browser on Macs since 1997 to Mac OS X Jaguar in 2002). I don't know who's going to bail out Microsoft if they're in the same situation of nearing bankruptcy. I mean, they've pissed a lot of people lately. Although I don't think Microsoft is getting bankrupt anytime soon. 

If I recall correctly, they were forced to do that as part of a court thing, it wasn't just because they wanted to.  It's likely the same would happen if the reverse was ever necessary, in order to maintain what little competition there is left in the marketplace.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

35 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Why am I up at 2:14 AM.

Scrapyard Wars

16 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Scrapyard Wars

Scrapyard wars came out like before I got up, so I don't understand your point.