LGBT community

carguy86

Here are some pics since I'm taking a break to figure out what I need to do (getting rid of some of those fans is a must)

Spolier: (for people with limited data)

Spoiler

IMG_7253.JPG

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

(that panel was a nightmare to open... not much use in a rack if you have to stand behind it, grip the rest of the unit then pull back using the handle).

17 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Here are some pics since I'm taking a break to figure out what I need to do (getting rid of some of those fans is a must)

Spolier: (for people with limited data)

Hide contents

IMG_7253.JPG

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

(that panel was a nightmare to open... not much use in a rack if you have to stand behind it, grip the rest of the unit then pull back using the handle).

ITS A DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /s

pretty neat

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, Strando123 said:

ITS A DINOSAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /s

pretty neat

The servers at my school are probably just as old, along with some of our PCs... but yeah... I need SCSI drives now :/

Lol, is this just a chat thread now? I was gonna post something relevant, but what's the point.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

2 minutes ago, Avericious said:

Lol, is this just a chat thread now? I was gonna post something relevant, but what's the point.

nah do ahead away, we chat till someone brings us back

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

2 minutes ago, Avericious said:

yeah ... it has turned into a shitpost thread .... only the community consists of LGBT people 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

nah do ahead away

Wut?

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Just now, Avericious said:

Wut?

nah go ahead anyway*

as in bring us back to the topic for a bit

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

nah go ahead anyway*

i would like this to go back on topic -_- 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

6 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

nah go ahead anyway*

Ah, I see. Very well then. 

I finally just let go and spilled everything to my mom, about being transgender and to a lesser extent, pansexual. She was totally cool with it and is gonna help me out, all of my family was totally cool with it too and I'm starting the the process of my transition officially tomorrow. These events having transpired it were like years worth of built up anxiety and other bullshit just slid right off my back. I should have done it way, way sooner. But in the end, I'm super happy.

I finally just let go and spilled everything to my mom, about being transgender and to a lesser extent, pansexual. She was totally cool with it and is gonna help me out, all of my family was totally cool with it too and I'm starting my the process of my transition officially tomorrow. These events having transpired it were like years worth of built up anxiety and other bullshit just slid right off my back. I should have done it way, way sooner. But in the end, I'm super happy.

Luck you, i kind of did the same thing but only told my mom. Well turns out, she wasnt too happy. Like she wasnt made. she just did not belive it. And her reaction of refering me a girl was also kind of a bit mocking. So i stop mentioning it and she kinda forgot. And it turns out, the view of my family and Islam towards people who transition is more fucked up than i thought. Like we are just supposed to fight the feeling and ignore. Turns out i am actually quite good at that lol. Well i do that because it will make shit REALLY werid in my whole family and honestly, i dont really need to transition. I guess my case is not as bad as some peoples.

Am watching Mr.Robot, the guys voice is still in my head and as i type this my brain is repeating in his voice. So all this anit as morbid as it seems, just making it to be like that LOL.

Build

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Avericious said:

I finally just let go and spilled everything to my mom, about being transgender and to a lesser extent, pansexual. She was totally cool with it and is gonna help me out, all of my family was totally cool with it too and I'm starting the the process of my transition officially tomorrow. These events having transpired it were like years worth of built up anxiety and other bullshit just slid right off my back. I should have done it way, way sooner. But in the end, I'm super happy.

Woo! Congrats! I do want to come out to my parents, but with personal situations, I don't think now is a good time...

Luck you, i kind of did the same thing but only told my mom. Well turns out, she wasnt too happy. Like she wasnt made. she just did not belive it. And her reaction of refering me a girl was also kind of a bit mocking. So i stop mentioning it and she kinda forgot. And it turns out, the view of my family and Islam towards people who transition is more fucked up than i thought. Like we are just supposed to fight the feeling and ignore. Turns out i am actually quite good at that lol. Well i do that because it will make shit REALLY werid in my whole family and honestly, i dont really need to transition. I guess my case is not as bad as some peoples.

Damn, crappy situation. But as long as you don't have any extreme dysphoria and can live fine, I suppose you could put it off. I still say that it's your life and you deserve to be able to do what makes you happy. Do you live with your parents? If so whenever you get a place of your own and get a little space from it all you should explore options then. If you are already by yourself and feel like this then I guess that's that. I wish you a happy life. But if you ever start getting really down about the issue in the future, I recommend at least considering saying screw it to ignorance and go for it.

10 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

I do want to come out to my parents, but with personal situations, I don't think now is a good time...

I know how you feel. So take it at your own pace. But I think you'd be surprised how amicably things can go down when the whole issue is suddenly about a family member rather than some other people out there in the world. And with some patient explanation, most can be made to understand. But I don't know your particular situation, so that's just some general encouragement. If you don't feel it reasonable to bring it up at this point, that is of course up to you.

I know how you feel. So take it at your own pace. But I think you'd be surprised how amicably things can go down when the whole issue is suddenly about a family member rather than some other people out there in the world. And with some patient explanation, most can be made to understand. But I don't know your particular situation, so that's just some general encouragement. If you don't feel it reasonable to bring it up at this point, that is of course up to you.

The main issue is not related to views regarding LGBT stuff (although a few years ago, it did seem that way with parents essentially flipping between supporting wholeheartedly and grudgingly, and the second view is one which I think my conservative Christian grandmother will take) and is actually something completely unrelated, but I'm not really able to talk about it :/

Just now, ServerGuy said:

and is actually something completely unrelated, but I'm not really able to talk about it

That's ok. I will of course, not inquire about it. But I hope it resolves for you.

guys i got this, if this thread is off tpic and someone goes off topic from offf topic then that means we are always on topic!

Thats+the+joke+genious+_a296846a82dd7efbb261f9accd3bf50a.png

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

7 minutes ago, Avericious said:

I finally just let go and spilled everything to my mom, about being transgender and to a lesser extent, pansexual. She was totally cool with it and is gonna help me out, all of my family was totally cool with it too and I'm starting my the process of my transition officially tomorrow. These events having transpired it were like years worth of built up anxiety and other bullshit just slid right off my back. I should have done it way, way sooner. But in the end, I'm super happy.

congrats :D 

honestly ... everyone who comes out and is successful at it .... wish they did it earlier ... like me ... but i was not fully successful at it :/ 

i talked to my sister about it (she helps with my depression ... kinda) and she talked to mom about it and then mom came to talk to me... like my sister told my mom that i want to be a girl and stuff ... then she came to talk to me about it and i dont think she fully understood ... since its really difficult to explain how it feels to a person that doesnt even understand anxiety ... so most of the time she said how nice of person as a guy i was .... and she thinks that will change .... and most likely will not by too much ... i hope :D ... but she ended the conversation with something like i will try to support you as much as needed ... dont tell dad and try to find a doctor that can help with people like you (why dont tell dad? cause i dont think he will take it lightly .... )

so thats good and i actually wish i talked to her earlier than the age of 17 nearly 18 -_- 

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

guys i got this, if this thread is off tpic and someone goes off topic from offf topic then that means we are always on topic!

I think what you're looking for is this:

Spoiler

mind-blown.gif

21 minutes ago, Avericious said:

Damn, crappy situation. But as long as you don't have any extreme dysphoria and can live fine, I suppose you could put it off. I still say that it's your life and you deserve to be able to do what makes you happy. Do you live with your parents? If so whenever you get a place of your own and get a little space from it all you should explore options then. If you are already by yourself and feel like this then I guess that's that. I wish you a happy life. But if you ever start getting really down about the issue in the future, I recommend at least considering saying screw it to ignorance and go for it.

I will with my parents yeah, but going to university next year. I am actually excited. I will be able to fully explore my LGBT side. In Pakistan all you find is conservative people. Not a very good place for LGBT people. But its fine, the country is good on almost ever other aspect.  

Build

Spoiler

Just now, Strando123 said:

Flawless logic.

9043143_Woman_making_an_ok_sign_with_her

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i dont think she fully understood ... since its really difficult to explain how it feels to a person that doesnt even understand anxiety

Indeed.

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

so most of the time she said how nice of person as a guy i was .... and she thinks that will change .... and most likely will not by too much ... i hope

Apparently that is a common fear for some parents. But of course you won't change. You are the person that you are, with the interests and preferences you have. They're a result of a life lived and having a new pronoun and physical changes means little to how you have already developed. Changes may come in the future, but so does it for everyone equally.

Some parents just need some reassurance of these things. So if you haven't already, you should.

but going to university next year. I am actually excited. I will be able to fully explore my LGBT side.

That's good.

But its fine, the country is good on almost ever other aspect.

I've no doubt.

6 hours ago, DeezNoNos said:

I am stuck on shit PTCL 4mb down 1 mb up. google PTCL, you will get to know it is the worst and the fastest isp(copper) in pakistan. we pakistanis do have fiber, but only in the rich brat area(that is not mine :( )

Well my current ISP only has like one or two blocks in Minneapolis with fibre, they were advertising fibre internet for a little while but I think they kinda shut up when they weren't really building out their fibre network. Thing is, is that to get those faster speeds they charge so much more money. I guess 12mbps down/7 up being affordable is their way of not having data caps.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Apparently that is a common fear for some parents. But of course you won't change. You are the person that you are, with the interests and preferences you have. They're a result of a life lived and having a new pronoun and physical changes means little to how you have already developed. Changes may come in the future, but so does it for everyone equally.

Some parents just need some reassurance of these things. So if you haven't already, you should.

i mainly explained that its your body being wrong to your brain  but since swapping bodies is not possible as far as i know .... sadly :/ .... transitioning is the only thing 

so the next thing for her is that she is worried about her doing something wrong before i was born ... you know the pregnant part :/ 

i think she understood that there is nothing she did wrong .... cant tell 

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

so the next thing for her is that she is worried about her doing something wrong before i was born ... you know the pregnant part

Also a common fear. But more preposterous. As if being different means that something must have gone wrong.

5 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i think she understood that there is nothing she did wrong .... cant tell 

Hopefully.

16 minutes ago, Avericious said:

Also a common fear. But more preposterous. As if being different means that something must have gone wrong.

Hopefully.

a good think she understood ... that i wont feel comfortable like this at school ... so i may or may not do the last 2 years of high school (2 since i failed this year cause of my anxiety, depression and gender dysphoria ... yaaay :/ ) in a long distance school thing ... hard to translate but i hope you get the point xD 

but yeah ... idk if that will actually fully happen yet ... since that aint free and shit :/ but would be good ... sitting at home watching educational videos provided by the school and doing tests at home ... or just sitting at home and doing what i want and say that it was homework? :P 

so yeah ...i may find a job and combine the 2 things once i turn 18 ... and i still need to find a doctor to help me :/