How do you watch online video?

After reading a few threads about the recent inclusion of Vessel in the LTT viewing platforms I'm pretty shocked to see how many people still sit and watch video's at their PC.

Do the vast majority of you still do this? With all the other options out there, even more so for the tech savvy amongst us I really am surprised that people still do this.  Personally I'd rather not be sat behind a keyboard if I could help it and prefer to watch stuff through my TV either in bed or from the sofa.

So what's your primary way to consume online video?

edit: can you guys see the poll as I can't  :wacko:

Primarily I watch content on my phone, however I'm not bothered watching things on my PC. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

After reading a few threads about the recent inclusion of Vessel in the LTT viewing platforms I'm pretty shocked to see how many people still sit and watch video's at their PC.

Do the vast majority of you still do this? With all the other options out there, even more so for the tech savvy amongst us I really am surprised that people still do this.  Personally I'd rather not be sat behind a keyboard if I could help it and prefer to watch stuff through my TV either in bed or from the sofa.

So what's your primary way to consume online video?

edit: can you guys see the poll as I can't  :wacko:

Yeah, I still watch them on my PC...

Mostly YouTube and Twitch stuff.

Now some Vessel too.

And no, dont see a poll. Press Edit on your post and go to full editor to add a poll

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You realize that you can connect a PC to a tv and watch from wherever you want right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I like to sit at my desk and watch videos as I find it comfortable and easy.

My PC Specs

Spoiler

CPU ¦ Intel Core i5 4690k @4.3GHz, Motherboard ¦ ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VII, RAM ¦ 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Value DDR3, Case ¦ Corsair SPEC-02, PSU ¦ Corsair CX600, Storage ¦ Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 7200RPM, Mouse ¦ Corsair Sabre RGB Optical Gaming Mouse, Keyboard ¦ Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Cherry MX Blue, Headset ¦ Astro A40 2014 with Mixamp Pro, Microphone ¦ Blue Snowball iCE.

Well..

My phone has a 4.2" screen.

My tablet has a 7" screen.

My two desktop monitors are a combined 41 inches. I'd rather enjoy my media on the larger screen, thankyouverymuch.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Well..

My phone has a 4.2" screen.

My tablet has a 7" screen.

My two desktop monitors are a combined 41 inches. I'd rather enjoy my media on the larger screen, thankyouverymuch.

My TV in my room is 42"

The one in the man cave is 50"

You only have a small tv?

Yeah, I still watch them on my PC...

Mostly YouTube and Twitch stuff.

Now some Vessel too.

And no, dont see a poll. Press Edit on your post and go to full editor to add a poll

Poll now added.

Poll now added.

I participated in the poll.

Just can't imagine not watching videos on PC, because I like to do more while watching videos and I comment a lot on YouTube videos

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

set the poll up so we can choese multipule choces becaues some people like I whatch some on pc and phone/tablet

IAN :o

I mostly view videos on my laptop here, and occasionally I watch videos or listen to music on the Android.

My TV in my room is 42"

I like watching at my PC because I don't want to lift my head up to watch things on TV. My TV is wall mounted and is only used when I'm playing on consoles or when my gf comes over to hang out and watch movies.

Watching videos on a TV is relatively uncomfortable to me, plus I enjoy playing video games or surfing the web while I consume content. It's comfortable and efficient.

My TV in my room is 42"

I have no need for a tv

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

I watch videos on my PC and I'll sometimes watch a small show on my phone when I'm in bed and don't want to get up or roll over. I mainly try and watch everything on my PC though as the sound and video is much better than my phones.

A large screen TV will be around 500-700 dollars which is quite a bit just for a bigger screen to watch videos on. If you're one of those people who use cable or used to, it probably wouldn't be such a big deal as you already made the purchase and now just need to get a really long cord or stream it from your PC. There's also the issue of buying a remote/controller/K&M specifically for each TV that you have and you would have to buy speakers for the TV. Good quality speakers/headphones for your computer are usually cheaper than for a TV.

Having a large screen TV for videos is obviously better than a computer screen, but it's expensive and not really needed so it falls into the niche category where you get it if you have the money and don't if you don't.

Yeah, on my PC which doubles as my potato when it comes to watch 4k 60FPS video so I can't complain.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I watch on my PC most of the time. Its just because If I'm there and watching videos is presented to me, then there is where I will watch. Even though I litteraly have a TV with a chromecast dongle in it behind me.

Usualy though if I'm in bed and want to watch YouTube, then chromecast it is. If I'm away from my room and have my tablet/phone near me, then yeah, I'll watch on my phone.

Tbh, screen size does not really affect me anyway unless its a large difference in its own category.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

on my PC... I'm too lazy to log-in my accounts on my tablets. Also the fact that I don't really use my tablets other than reading novels.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

*Never Watches*

It's flexible though.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Desk for me... on a secondary monitor while I get work done on the main one, usually.

CPU Intel Core i5 3470  |  Motherboard ASRock B75 Pro-3M  |  RAM 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ares F3-1600  |  GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Case Corsair Carbide 500R (White)  |  Storage 24GB Kingston UV400 SSD + 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD  |  PSU Antec HCG-520  |  Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212X

Display 23" LG IPS234V + 21.5" Asus VE228H  |  Keyboard Razer Black Widow (2010)  |  Mouse Roccat Kone Pure  |  Audio Logitech Z313 + Astro A40 Headset

set the poll up so we can choese multipule choces becaues some people like I whatch some on pc and phone/tablet

That would defeat the point of "primarily"

YouTube and similar content at my desk on my PC. Netflix on my PS3 or PS4, on my 40" TV in my room.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

My phone. It has better colours than my laptop screen. And higher res too

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]