Zelda WiiU Delayed

GoodBytes

Eiji Aonuma the producer of Zelda WiiU has made a video announcing that Zelda WiiU released will be delayed and not make it in 2015. No expect date is mentioned, just that the game will be done when it is done.

gdv9olhzf5yqvl2ajl7y.gif

The reason for the delay isn't about technology limitations or problem, but rather that the development of the game is going well, and they want to explore more creative facility on this more open world concept of Zelda, to make the best possible Zelda game they can do for the system, and not the best they can do in a time window

In the video, Eiji Aonuma says:

Hello, Zelda fans! I am Eiji Aonuma, producer of The Legend of Zelda.

I'd like to share with you an update on our development process on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. Since I declared at The Game Awards in December that the game would launch in 2015, the directors and the many members of the development team have been working hard developing the game to make it the best it can be. In these last three months, as the team has experienced firsthand the freedom of exploration that hasn't existed in any Zelda game to date, we have discovered several new possibilities for this game.

As we have worked to turn these possibilities into reality, new ideas have continued to spring forth, and it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds even my own expectations. As I have watched our development progress, I have come to think that rather than work with meeting a specific schedule as our main objective, and releasing a game that reflects only what we can create within that scheduled time, I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make The Legend of Zelda on Wii U the best game it can possibly be.

So, I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game. I hope to use the added time to make The Legend of Zelda for Wii U into a game that will reward you for your patience, so thank you for your continued support

To view the video:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=866919960035802&permPage=1

Source: http://kotaku.com/the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-delayed-out-of-2015-1694157642?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

For those who don't know, it must be noted that Nintendo games are usually extremely low in bugs, very difficult to find in nearly all cases, and have great attention to details which all of which cost time.

So it is good that they spend more time experimenting and including more ideas to make the game better. Personally, I am fine with that.

Are you happy, or ok with this delay?

Good. I know how it is when you start developing something and the ideas just flows. I can understand that they want to be free to just go on until they feel done, instead of having to cut stuff to be done in time. 

The game was still far away anyway, a delay so early isn't hard to cope with (for most).

And for those that are really bothered by the delay: They didn't actually say the game wouldn't release in 2015. They just said that they won't have that as a goal anymore. They could be sitting there in 4 months and have come much further than they anticipated and then still release in december.

Of course they could also sit there in 1 year and not seeing an end in the near future. 

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I fully expected this game to be delayed. The short demo they showed off in one of their Nintendo Direct videos a few months back was really lacking. The game looked very unpolished and had a ton of pre-alpha-esque things such as jerky animations and lack of really any terrain detail besides grass, which says to me that they showed it off during early development. Ultimately, though, I'm really happy that they are delaying it. Based on the gameplay that they showed us, I was getting worried that they might release an unfinished game come the holiday months.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I fully expected this game to be delayed. The short demo they showed off in one of their Nintendo Direct videos a few months back was really lacking. The game looked very unpolished and had a ton of pre-alpha-esque things such as jerky animations and lack of really any terrain detail besides grass, which says to me that they showed it off during early development. Ultimately, though, I'm really happy that they are delaying it. Based on the gameplay that they showed us, I was getting worried that they might release an unfinished game come the holiday months.

The lack of details in that demo could just be because they wanted to be sure the game wouldn't crash or lag when demoing it. A lot of stuff could have been already made, just not deemed stable enough for the demo. I heard that Miyamoto was quite angry after a Wind Waker demo he played on stage at E3 had a bug that made it impossible for him to continue the demo (an item didn't spawn). They value their demos highly.

And back then they still said the game would be done within the year. And their reason for (potentially) delaying it is because they got more ideas. So at that time the development could have been right in schedule for 2015 release. 

Then again, the new ideas could have something to do with the world being kinda empty...

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Normally a delay like this would be very positive to get a better game eventually. With the way the Wii U is going however there's a real risk it might not make it and might be pushed over to their "next" console instead, and then get further delay and down the rabbit hole of game development you go.

-------

Current Rig

-------

"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

If only I had enough money to buy a Wii U. Damn you Steam and your sales.

Every topic I post in dies.

"A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto

If only I had enough money to buy a Wii U. Damn you Steam and your sales.

Only for someone who doesn't believe in patches, if he said this in 2005 i would have said it makes sense, but it just goes to show how nintendo is behind the times when he says that in 2012

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Only for someone who doesn't believe in patches, if he said this in 2005 i would have said it makes sense, but it just goes to show how nintendo is behind the times when he says that in 2012

They are so far behind that they haven't released a buggy game so far on the WiiU. They really need to get with the times.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

God damnit I was literally gonna buy a wii u for this game. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

They are so far behind that they haven't released a buggy game so far on the WiiU. They really need to get with the times.

well on a little less snide not they are still full of shit with their store policies, tying games to console's instead of accounts, cutting online services on the wii games already and plenty of shit i can't think of off the top of my head. They are up to date on digital and physical DLC. 

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Aw not at all in 2015? :(

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Good. I know how it is when you start developing something and the ideas just flows. I can understand that they want to be free to just go on until they feel done, instead of having to cut stuff to be done in time.

The game was still far away anyway, a delay so early isn't hard to cope with (for most).

And for those that are really bothered by the delay: They didn't actually say the game wouldn't release in 2015. They just said that they won't have that as a goal anymore. They could be sitting there in 4 months and have come much further than they anticipated and then still release in december.

Of course they could also sit there in 1 year and not seeing an end in the near future.

Considering Nintendo said it won't be ar E3 this year you can pretty much count on it not being out until next year. His words are basically a fancy way to say it won't make the year without actually committing to anything.

Considering Nintendo said it won't be ar E3 this year you can pretty much count on it not being out until next year. His words are basically a fancy way to say it won't make the year without actually committing to anything.

Yeah, I didn't see the part about not showing it at E3 before later. That's quite a clear "no 2015 release"

Normally a delay like this would be very positive to get a better game eventually. With the way the Wii U is going however there's a real risk it might not make it and might be pushed over to their "next" console instead, and then get further delay and down the rabbit hole of game development you go.

Their next console probably won't be out until 2017-2018 so it is highly unlikely that Zelda WiiU will end up there unless something goes wrong and they need a few more years to finish it.