Intel and Micron Announce 3D NAND Production, Open Gates to 10 TB SSDs

Amit Moryossef

Ain't those chips going to generate lots of heat when they are so close next to each other?

Ain't those chips going to generate lots of heat when they are so close next to each other?

Samsung has been producing 3D NAND for a while now known as V-NAND. It's used in their 850 series solid state drives without heat issues.

amazed_face_by_rober_raik-d4cw1px.png

I WANT

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You can choose to own this

jXQHyU4.jpg

Or a 10TB SSD

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I shall express why I like Intel + Micron. Performance of Intel controller or Marvell controller + Reliability of Micron NAND + Price to performance and reliability of MX100 = Freaking not so expensive but super good 1TB SSD.

This: http://www.intelgamingpromo.com/intel15b/ssd/notice And then:

And:

The 750 NVME drives have been awaited for awhile now. They've been popping up in manifests and reports for close to a year now, but only finally are they actually possibly coming out. With a max capacity of I believe 1.2tb or 2tb based on some of the older articles if I remeber

arent the 1.2s like $3200 USD tho...

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

arent the 1.2s like $3200 USD tho...

Well, the ones those are based off of are $3200, but the 1.2tb 750 series will likely be $1000 at most, but the speed is worth it, at least in my head.  A single 2tb PCIE SSD, would keep myself personally happily for a good two years or so.