How much RAM for a Budget Build?

I do not have a very high budget for a gaming pc, and I was curious on how much RAM I should get. Should I just go with 8 GB, or should I go ahead and bump it up to 16 GB?

8GB is still standard, 16GB is generally if you edit videos

(Like me :D)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

like above, 8GB

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

For budget gaming pc 4-6GB is fine, med-hi 8GB cause that's all games use more is for Epeen or content creation or hardcore multitasking or such

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

8 GB if, as you say, your budget is not very high.

i5-4690K@4.5 GHz // Asus Z87-Pro // HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3-1600 // Crucial BX100 250GB // Sapphire Nitro R9 390 // EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 // Fractal Design Define S // be quiet! Pure Rock & Pure Wings 2 // BenQ XL2730Z // Corsair Vengeance K70 // Logitech G403 Wireless // Sennheiser HD 598 SE

Usually 8gb of RAM costs around $60 if thats too much, 6gb is fine

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

As said by people above, 8 is fine for on budget also most games unless running at really high res don't pull upwards of 4 to 6 gbs anyway

8gb is fine for gaming and normal use but if you are going to edit and render vidios get 16gb

IAN :o

Anything more than 8GB is just a luxury for a gaming system. Dying Light in its initial build could get you close to using 8GB counting the OS too, but even that is way easier on RAM usage after the first two patches.

8 gb is good for a medium budget, but since you are considering 16 gb I'm assuming that your budget isn't very small.  My suggestion is getting 12 gb of ram, as it it  offers a good bit of ram for more intense games with a bit of wiggle room for whatever else you are doing, and it doesn't cost a whole lot more.

I do not have a very high budget for a gaming pc, and I was curious on how much RAM I should get. Should I just go with 8 GB, or should I go ahead and bump it up to 16 GB?

8GB is a minimum/sweetspot imo. 16GB is a bit overkill for just gaming, but it'll definitely help when playing games ram heavy games like BF4/FC4 with a bunch of programs open. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

For budget gaming pc 4-6GB is fine, med-hi 8GB cause that's all games use more is for Epeen or content creation or hardcore multitasking or such

As said by people above, 8 is fine for on budget also most games unless running at really high res don't pull upwards of 4 to 6 gbs anyway

For AAA gaming 8GB is minimum. I had 6GB previously and upgrading to 8GB made a VERY noticeable difference in games like Watch_Dogs and COD:AW

"Rawr XD"

For gaming, you wont need more than 8GB.  I've yet to use anymore than about 6GB in demanding games+2nd monitor browsing.

For AAA gaming 8GB is minimum. I had 6GB previously and upgrading to 8GB made a VERY noticeable difference in games like Watch_Dogs and COD:AW

Those are the 2 of the highest ram using games there is, but neither uses more than 6.5GB at max settings,  and a budget rig shouldn't be expecting to max those titles anyway making that a very mute point and it's far easier for one to get a better graphics card, and a 4GB ram stick then later add in another 4GB stick of ram. Far easier IMHO compared to buy a cheaper graphics card with more ram then later pull out said graphics card throw it away and replace it with a new one far more money saved

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

ususal answer, how much are u going to use?

for real budget (like $300) 4gb is fine, if u budget is like 400-600 then get 8gb, if u budget is 1k+ then 16gb