How CS:GO Changed The Way I Game

Dubesta11

So it all started off with a game called Call of Dudy: Black OPS. Thats right, that was my first FPS. And I loved it. The only problem was that it was on the Wii. So low resolution and a terrible joystick setup that was so terrible it made it literally unplayable. Like, you would spend seconds trying to aim at a still person. I ended up giving up on it and eventually got into PC gaming. I played Planetside 2, BF3+4, and a few other FPS games and could not believe the extreme detail and performance of my low end system. Then one day I bought CS:GO, and never played it  (Seriously, who actually plays games they buy on Steam?). One day I decided to try it out and oh man, it was completely different than any other game. The graphics were realistic but cut back, it was wicked smooth, and everyone was very mature. I ended up getting into it quite a bit and I now have over 300 hours. This game sets the standards for performance and gameplay, and now I cannot simply play BF3/4 without noticing all the minor problems and lack of performance. 

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

So upgrade your PC to play other more demanding FPS?  :huh:

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

So upgrade your PC to play other more demanding FPS?  :huh:

I already have an i5/ 970, its more of the random choppy bits and lack of "smoothness".

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

CoD Black Ops on the Wii?

Oh, I can already imagine the pain.

It's way worse than I had thought.

My God...how could you play that game?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

it has been a long time since i played a game like 5 months now i have to learn everything from linux then move to photography then videography then video editing then VFX then 3D modelling so it's safe to say i won't be playing any games in the next 5 years yaaaaaaaaaay

Manners Maketh Man

i love how optimized csgo is but ever since the majors i have seen more and more kids moving over from console to play this game and that is why i think the csgo community is getting more and more toxic when i started playing csgo when it came out the community was nothing like todays 

I already have an i5/ 970, its more of the random choppy bits and lack of "smoothness".

That's because 60hz and 60fps isn't smooth. You need 144hz, everything looks smooth. Even moving a window, or moving your cursor is noticeably smoother.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

That's because 60hz and 60fps isn't smooth. You need 144hz, everything looks smooth. Even moving a window, or moving your cursor is noticeably smoother.

I've had both 60Hz and 144Hz displays, that is correct it's much more smooth but he is describing random choppy bits... that's much different. 60Hz should appear consistent.

Have you tried using Adaptive V-Sync w/  setting "Virtual reality pre-rendered frames" to 1?

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

I've had both 60Hz and 144Hz displays, that is correct it's much more smooth but he is describing random choppy bits... that's much different. 60Hz should appear consistent.

Have you tried using Adaptive V-Sync w/  setting "Virtual reality pre-rendered frames" to 1?

No the games run fine, and I am running at 75FPS witch is smooth, but no game is close to being as smooth as CS:GO. Even games that run at over 100 FPS.

The Grey Squirrel

No the games run fine, and I am running at 75FPS witch is smooth, but no game is close to being as smooth as CS:GO. Even games that run at over 100 FPS.

60hz is never smooth. Go use a 144hz for a while, 60hz is not smooth.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

60hz is never smooth. Go use a 144hz for a while, 60hz is not smooth.

I run at 75FPS, which is smooth enough for CS:GO. I don't have 300 dollars to buy another monitor, nor do I want to brainwash myself into such as smooth experience. 60 FPS will never look the same :/

The Grey Squirrel

U prefer CS:GO over Battlefield ?! Whaaaaaaaat ?!

I mean I spent over 6000 hours on CS series (1.1 to Global Offensive) but Battlefield is gorgeous well running FPS game. Performance = your PC wasn't running it on 60+ fps.

CS:GO sets the standard for fps gameplay ? Are u serious ?

CS:GO has no mods its over repetitive,CS 1.5 and 1.6 had the best mod support from community (I still miss Warcraft mod).

Mature people ?! Okay there are times I find those (unlike any other game) but theres many kids playing the game.

I love Counter-Strike :) its very addictive but I don't agree with u.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

U prefer CS:GO over Battlefield ?! Whaaaaaaaat ?!

I mean I spent over 6000 hours on CS series (1.1 to Global Offensive) but Battlefield is gorgeous well running FPS game. Performance = your PC wasn't running it on 60+ fps.

CS:GO sets the standard for fps gameplay ? Are u serious ?

CS:GO has no mods its over repetitive,CS 1.5 and 1.6 had the best mod support from community (I still miss Warcraft mod).

Mature people ?! Okay there are times I find those (unlike any other game) but theres many kids playing the game.

I love Counter-Strike :) its very addictive but I don't agree with u.

1. CS:GO feels more competitive, needs more skill, and is a lot less casual.

2. Performance is great on all the games I play, CS:GO is a lot lighter and more optimized.

3. The fluid motion and competitive nature of CS:GO is much better than most other AAA FPS games, and we was better for it.

4. Most FPS games do not have mods, like BF, COD, PS2.

5. 9/10 games people have mics and are decent (currently S4). Lower ranks were definitely worse but gets a lot better as you rank up.

6. Its just my personal opinion, I feel that its a great game with a lot of potential and I will spend a long time playing it.

The Grey Squirrel

1. CS:GO feels more competitive, needs more skill, and is a lot less casual.

2. Performance is great on all the games I play, CS:GO is a lot lighter and more optimized.

3. The fluid motion and competitive nature of CS:GO is much better than most other AAA FPS games, and we was better for it.

4. Most FPS games do not have mods, like BF, COD, PS2.

5. 9/10 games people have mics and are decent (currently S4). Lower ranks were definitely worse but gets a lot better as you rank up.

6. Its just my personal opinion, I feel that its a great game with a lot of potential and I will spend a long time playing it.

I agree on this :)

For competitive side of the game its the best.

AAA titles are indeed casual.

If u want to take the game seriously then fine CS:GO wins, but u haven't mention this in your 1st post so I was looking at it as a whole package :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

i love how optimized csgo is but ever since the majors i have seen more and more kids moving over from console to play this game and that is why i think the csgo community is getting more and more toxic when i started playing csgo when it came out the community was nothing like todays 

Let's be real though, CS GO has the worst community of any FPS game.

Don't solo que; make a premade with friends. Best way to play IMO

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

i never need to solo que since i have a team and a lot of freiends that play csgo i just hate mm all together and after playing on 128 tick for so long going back and playing mm is like a completely different game with 64 tick

Haven't had any problems woth the CSGO community 10 times better then anyother community, and everyone is mature and usually 20+, have mics and are great to work with. I'm around DMG in rank though, so maybe the newer player has a different experience.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Then you have an enemy team full of cheaters and or arrogant buttholes.

This isn't coming from a silver, i'm DMG, I get a hacker every other game, i've even recorded a few of them.

Haven't had any problems woth the CSGO community 10 times better then anyother community, and everyone is mature and usually 20+, have mics and are great to work with. I'm around DMG in rank though, so maybe the newer player has a different experience.

I wish I could say I get an experience like yours when I hop on CS GO :(

I wish I could say I get an experience like yours when I hop on CS GO :(

Then you have an enemy team full of cheaters and or arrogant buttholes.

This isn't coming from a silver, i'm DMG, I get a hacker every other game, i've even recorded a few of them.

Usually 50% of my games are hackers too, besides those the games are good though..it's just part of CSGO we have to accept.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Usually 50% of my games are hackers too, besides those the games are good though..it's just part of CSGO we have to accept.

Didn't realize you could change your name :P

Anyways, we shouldn't have to accept it. In a game that prides itself on it's competitive nature it should make more of an effort to keep it clean. If ESEA can do it on their servers why can't Valve with their endless piles of money?