Mining and exploration vessel?

Serin

Planning on mining everything everywhere, then boldly going where many have gone before.

Soo.. Constellation Aquila? Honestly don't know enough about how the PU is going to work to be a good judge.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Wat?

Good luck with that.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Wat?

Good luck with that.

You are in the Star Citizen forum, context is applied.

As for the actual question, I don't really think we can judge that until we get a working game including the PU. In theory a Constellation will work of course.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Hmmm. Well, I assumed there was more knowledge about it out there. Guess I assumed wrong.
Thanks though, off to annoy Scott Manley for tips.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Planning on mining everything everywhere, then boldly going where many have gone before.

Soo.. Constellation Aquila? Honestly don't know enough about how the PU is going to work to be a good judge.

The Aquila is an exploration vessel that comes with a Rover and a (maybe) less than decent cargo capacity. While it can't do active mining, it may be possible to haul materials.

For exploration, it would be fine. It has upgraded sensors over the base model and the added Rover lets you roam uncharted planets like no other. Ofcourse this is all based on trailers and spoken words, as there are no features of any of this in game, but it looks promising to say the least.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Hmmm. Well, I assumed there was more knowledge about it out there. Guess I assumed wrong.

Thanks though, off to annoy Scott Manley for tips.

He's not the best person to ask, he has a bit of a bias towards elite and his info is usually outdated.

I suppose a constellation and orion would be best but we have no real world info to go by.

Say you buy the orion and it does the mining half of the job fine and cargo size is huge but its security and defense is poor, you then may need to buy 2 hornets to defend it.

You may find a smaller ship faster ship with better defense might be viable for your operations.

The issue is this is all speculation as we haven't flown these ships

Hm.
Well, I suppose the fact that there are no facts answers my question in an odd way. Nobody knows.

Cheese monger.

Hm.

Well, I suppose the fact that there are no facts answers my question in an odd way. Nobody knows.

There are no facts, because it isn't even there. The PU itself is in end concept/early design phase, so details are sparse.

EDIT: Please follow your own posts when you make them @Serin

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

There are no facts, because it isn't even there. The PU itself is in end concept/early design phase, so details are sparse.

Yep, no one knew the M50 was going to be a good dog fighter until it was released

@Serin unsure if your sig is against code of conduct :)

Yep, no one knew the M50 was going to be a good dog fighter until it was released

@Serin unsure if your sig is against code of conduct :)

Oh derp, that shall be fixed.

Cheese monger.

We feel like we wont have much of a solid answer for a while but the Connie should be a decent hauler not so much a mining ship though. I'm hoping with the new rework going on for the Freelancer that my ship will be a great mining companion.  

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

So far there is only 1 Dedicated mining ship and its a BIG ONE, The RSI Orion.

As for Exploring, The Aquila is a nice but pricey choice, a smaller option is the Freelancer DUR or even smaller, the 315p.

Can´t say much about the PU more then already said, but if mining is your Forte your welcome omboard My Orion :) allthough im a "jack of all trades" person so i wont be only doing mining.

Right, thanks, Catcloud. Might take you up on that offer if my band of merry miners falls to bits before the PU launches.
I too enjoy doing all the things, but in a game that looks to rely a lot of currency I figure building a resource base first will be handy down the line.

Don't suppose they've any plans to make the Orion available again? 

Cheese monger.

Right, thanks, Catcloud. Might take you up on that offer if my band of merry miners falls to bits before the PU launches.

I too enjoy doing all the things, but in a game that looks to rely a lot of currency I figure building a resource base first will be handy down the line.

Possible, maybe if they have a reason too, like Christmas, But im sure it will come again.

Safe to assume that it will come again. Unlike the frigate, all the new ships (specifically new wave 3/4) are not limited release ships. This means that it will come back a few months later at some point in time. Initial release will be the concept release followed by two or three times that it may reappear.

Concept will be cheapest with lti. Then when they release it, sometimes calling it a 'sale,' it will either be same price with less insurance, or higher price with less insurance.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro