GTX 970 Owners Club

With that mod you won`t hit power limit. This mod basically tricks sensors.

Thanks!! I'll get some "Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 100% Metal Thermal Interface Material" http://www.amazon.com/Coollaboratory-Liquid-Thermal-Interface-Material/dp/B0039RY3MM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1430768044&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=collaboraty+liquid+pro then, and see what I can get out of it, and give my results. If it offers a lot more headroom, I'll do it to my second 970 I plan to get as well.  :)

I don't do signatures.

Thanks!! I'll get some "Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 100% Metal Thermal Interface Material" http://www.amazon.com/Coollaboratory-Liquid-Thermal-Interface-Material/dp/B0039RY3MM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1430768044&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=collaboraty+liquid+pro then, and see what I can get out of it, and give my results. If it offers a lot more headroom, I'll do it to my second 970 I plan to get as well.  :)

not really worth it imo, what you should do is delid your CPU and put some of that stuff on it. I can run 5ghz 24/7 now on my cpu

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

not really worth it imo, what you should do is delid your CPU and put some of that stuff on it. I can run 5ghz 24/7 now on my cpu

Sweet! And, well if I'm getting it, maybe I could try it out on both the GPU and CPU. I just can't get anything more out of the 970 with that power limit, and that's really bothering me.

I have an i5-4690k, and plan on getting an AIO for it, as it's "upgrade time" for me. Would delidding be worth it in your opinion on just an i5? I have looked into delidding and replacing the TIM, but the chance of ruining it didn't quite seem to make it worth it for me. Is the chance really that great, or is it just blown out of proportion? I'd replace the TIM between the die and IHS, but not run it delidded.

If I did kill it, i have a g3258 in a system that I can pull out to hold me over. Don't want to put $230 if the risk is too high though. Do you think it's worth it on a 4690k to replace the TIM with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra, and also use it as thermal paste? The possibility of an extra 200 MHz and minus 10 degrees is what I'd consider to be worth it for, say, a 2% chance of killing it, but I'm not sure if that's realistic, or the sort of improvement people can generally get.

EDIT: Sorry for partly hijacking the thread by following up about the CLU use other than shorting the resistors on the 970.

I don't do signatures.

Is that 1524 max boost clock achieved or 1524 set in what ever oc program u used?

Max boost, but it stays that way during heavy gaming (I limit my fps to 60 so the card will adjust its clockspeed to maintain maintain). I use msi afterburner

have any of u guys seen or have a 970 ftw+? because i was looking it up and i think its a pretty good contender against the g1.

have any of u guys seen or have a 970 ftw+? because i was looking it up and i think its a pretty good contender against the g1.

its not bad

Do you think a modded bios would even benefit a strix? because it only has a single 8 pin.

Do you think a modded bios would even benefit a strix? because it only has a single 8 pin.

Only if strix needs more core voltage. Otherwise it won't help, because TDP is hardlocked.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Sweet! And, well if I'm getting it, maybe I could try it out on both the GPU and CPU. I just can't get anything more out of the 970 with that power limit, and that's really bothering me.

I have an i5-4690k, and plan on getting an AIO for it, as it's "upgrade time" for me. Would delidding be worth it in your opinion on just an i5? I have looked into delidding and replacing the TIM, but the chance of ruining it didn't quite seem to make it worth it for me. Is the chance really that great, or is it just blown out of proportion? I'd replace the TIM between the die and IHS, but not run it delidded.

If I did kill it, i have a g3258 in a system that I can pull out to hold me over. Don't want to put $230 if the risk is too high though. Do you think it's worth it on a 4690k to replace the TIM with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra, and also use it as thermal paste? The possibility of an extra 200 MHz and minus 10 degrees is what I'd consider to be worth it for, say, a 2% chance of killing it, but I'm not sure if that's realistic, or the sort of improvement people can generally get.

EDIT: Sorry for partly hijacking the thread by following up about the CLU use other than shorting the resistors on the 970.

CLU can damage your cooler if used between IHS and cooler, because CLU is galvanized and reacts with aluminum, but if your cooler has copper touching IHS then it's ok.

EDIT: If you want to delid, then just put that stuff between die and IHS and your good to go.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

CLU can damage your cooler if used between IHS and cooler, because CLU is galvanized and reacts with aluminum, but if your cooler has copper touching IHS then it's ok.

EDIT: If you want to delid, then just put that stuff between die and IHS and your good to go.

Yeah, i saw it would damage it, so the cooler i had picked out is copper, but I'll just use some "normal" thermal paste between the cooler and IHS to make cleaning it off easier. CLU will go between the die and IHS and then!

I'm hoping the resistors on the MSI 970 don't have any aluminum though, as I still might just go through with shorting, as the TDP limit is annoying me more than it really should  :unsure:. Seeing these massive overclocks on 970s are getting my hopes up.

I don't do signatures.

Do you know if shorting them raise the power limit on the card along with the amount of voltage possible or would I still need a custom BIOS to do that? My card (GTX 970 GAMING 4G)  is constantly hitting the power limit according to Afterburner. Found a guide on it that i'll follow if you say it'll work in raising the limit. http://overclocking.guide/increase-the-nvidia-power-limit-all-cards/ I would at least like to raise the power limit though, it's really giving me problems.

Do you mind giving some advice, @Gofspar ? You seem to be the expert to talk to about these matters.

nope, shorting that pretty much causes the controller to ignore anything software interprets.

nope, shorting that pretty much causes the controller to ignore anything software interprets.

That's good news, thanks! I'll most likely go through with it once the CLU gets here.

I don't do signatures.

So I got G1 GTX 970, and the GPU seems to be a good overclocker. I'm able to run it at 1600 MHz. ASIC quality is 77.5%. Memory is garbage, though. It's Hynix -_-. Can't go past 1926 MHz (~7700). Disappointing.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

So I got G1 GTX 970, and the GPU seems to be a good overclocker. I'm able to run it at 1600 MHz. ASIC quality is 77.5%. Memory is garbage, though. It's Hynix -_-. Can't go past 1926 MHz (~7700). Disappointing.

basically rekt. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wow that's awesome :P

Memory doesn't do much afaik, only in BF4.

Wow that's awesome :P

Memory doesn't do much afaik, only in BF4.

It does give you a couple of fps. Core overclocks great, but because memory doesn't I get worse performance than most 970's. I was hoping to reach stock 980 in terms of fps, but nope.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

It does give you a couple of fps. Core overclocks great, but because memory doesn't I get worse performance than most 970's. I was hoping to reach stock 980 in terms of fps, but nope.

That sucks man, I had a G1 with great memory (8Ghz) but bad core (no more than 1470). I RMAed it, hope I get one with Samsung memory and maybe a nice core...

Hi. Got a question here, is there any different between rev1.0 and rev1.1 in term of performance and PCB dimension? For gigabyte g1 gaming gtx970 :)

I5 4690K | G1 GTX970 SLI | Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB Avexir Raiden 2133Mhz | Seasonic P-760 | 1.5TB HDD | 128GB SSD | Swiftech H240x | EK-FC970 WF3 Waterblock x2 Windows 10 Home 64Bit | AOC GP2460PQU 144Hz | NZXT Source 530 | 3x CM Jetflo Blue 120mm | 2x Swiftech Helix 140mm | 120mm GTS Radiator | 240mm GTS Radiator 

hi, I'm a 970 owner but not by choice :P . The insurance company sent me a Windforce 3x to replace my 2 AMD Radeon 6900's.

I havent OC yet or anything

In this GTX 970 master race post, I'd like to say that my MSI GTX 970 is the master race of all master race GPUs.

Because it's imported from Sweden and didn't cost me a penny (Just ignore that it's being bottlenecked)

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

hi, I'm a 970 owner but not by choice :P . The insurance company sent me a Windforce 3x to replace my 2 AMD Radeon 6900's.

I havent OC yet or anything

Well a GTX 970 is faster on its own than even 2x 6990's in crossfire, so you scored bigtime.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If you're gonna bench it, keep the memory as cold as you can and you'll see higher clocks. When my card and my room heats up, even +600 for my chips starts artifacting

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

In this GTX 970 master race post, I'd like to say that my MSI GTX 970 is the master race of all master race GPUs.

Because it's imported from Sweden and didn't cost me a penny (Just ignore that it's being bottlenecked)

A puny MSI GTX 970 in a MR? Your forgetting about the GPU's with the massive coolers. Windforce and G1 Gaming.

PMSL

If you're gonna bench it, keep the memory as cold as you can and you'll see higher clocks. When my card and my room heats up, even +600 for my chips starts artifacting

That might be part of my problem, someone at Gigabyte had the retarded idea to place half of the vRAM modules on the back of the card with no cooling, unlike the others.

PMSL

A puny MSI GTX 970 in a MR? Your forgetting about the GPU's with the massive coolers. Windforce and G1 Gaming.

Please re-read, mine is from SWEDEN, that's right, Sweden. Case closed. Also it was the best bang for the buck since it cost me absolutely nothing

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)