The Macbook WTF Apple

ANewFace

Apple just announced the Macbook. Which is probably the thinnest laptop out there. But this thing had no I/O at all. All it has is a charging port and a headphone jack. How are you supposed to use this thing without even USB ports? What if I want to use a mouse. Can someone explain how this will work? I do like that it uses a 1440p screen (sort of not a standard 1440p). And I love the fact that the made use of Intel's Brodwell. I always said the laptops couldn't get any thinner because the ports would make the laptop thicker then it needed to be. But looks like Apple decided to go ahead and ditch them. They missed out on 1 thing. This would make sense as a 12" iPad with a keyboard that was running MAC OSX. But it's not touchscreen. It would make so much more sense if it were. The one other thing is if they put just 1 thunderbolt connected, I could at least adapt to USB if needed. Someone please explain this. And no, "It's Apple what do you expect" type posts.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

They going fully wireless with that thing which I personally really like, you can still use USB plugs with an adapter, and I bet there are already tons of nice ones on the market

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Apple just announced the Macbook. Which is probably the thinnest laptop out there. But this thing had no I/O at all. All it has is a charging port and a headphone jack. How are you supposed to use this thing without even USB ports? What if I want to use a mouse. Can someone explain how this will work? I do like that it uses a 1440p screen (sort of not a standard 1440p). And I love the fact that the made use of Intel's Brodwell. I always said the laptops couldn't get any thinner because the ports would make the laptop thicker then it needed to be. But looks like Apple decided to go ahead and ditch them. They missed out on 1 thing. This would make sense as a 12" iPad with a keyboard that was running MAC OSX. But it's not touchscreen. It would make so much more sense if it were. The one other thing is if they put just 1 thunderbolt connected, I could at least adapt to USB if needed. Someone please explain this. And no, "It's Apple what do you expect" type posts.

Buy a thunderbolt Hub Bruh

Its basically an oversized ipad with some fancy keyboard. It has ONE USB port which is also used for charging. So while charging you cant have anything plugged into it. Its very dumb. It also has a 1.1ghz CPU, which is sad. I don't like how they charged a full 1299 for this. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Its pretty fucking simple

If it lacks features you need ... dont buy one. Get something else. 

People always make these edgey posts after Apple events for some reason. 

It has a USB 3.1 port, which we expect to split out to multiple interface types.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Buy a thunderbolt Hub Bruh

it dosent have thunderbolt, sadly

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

its made for form not function just look at apples chief designers reply about the iPhone battery

That's everything apple does, form over function.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Intel want's to push wireless they said it last year, what better way to make that happen by getting one of the biggest influences in tech on board.

You don't get the point of that device. It's not a laptop you would use with external mice or flash drive or whatever. It's for portability. Like an ipad, but much more usable.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

it dosent have thunderbolt, sadly

Wtf? they would need 1 on the back? so then you could have an hub for like hdmi out usbs etc?

Cmon Apple

thats sad. an 80 dollar cash grab

thats sad. an 80 dollar cash grab

hopefully 3rd party ones come out

edit: That work*

I am confused. I am a proud owner of a macbook air and before today it seemed like they replaced the old standard macbook with the air because there hasn't been a new macbook in years. Then they go and announce this new "macbook" which is thinner, shorter battery, less ports than the macbook air. But it is more expensive then the Air. The only difference I see is the screen, and I think they should just call it the air retina. I am just confused to the direction they are going with the macbooks. Are they trying to transition back to macbook and macbook pro, or will they all exist together side by side? I just dont see any major differences between them.

My guess is they're trying to revolutionise start a new era shake the laptop market up a bit. I'd be fine with USB 3.1C if there were two of them. W/o the adapter the only port will be occupied by a charger, it's even worse than the first Air in that regard. You wanna make it more wireless, that's fine, but give us a sodding wireless charger then!

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

It's just a stupid netbook that has a good screen is made out of metal and costs more than $1300. That and it has worse I/O than my Sony Tablet S from 2011.

i'm a potato

I think all apple cares about is making things

A. thinner

B. more expensive

C. curvier

And metallic

It's seriously impressive for what it is. Way to go Apple.

It's a cool concept, but I much rather spent my 1300 on a macbook pro than this. I feel like a 999 pricepoint would have been way better.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Just watch when Apple merges their Macbooks with iPads. Wooo! Move overpriced junk!

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold