The Macbook WTF Apple

ANewFace

It doesn't even have an audio jack... a freaking AUDIO JACK.

Yes it does

Apple right now is basically driving their market into the ground. All their products are just getting more expensive and smaller. The only differences are things like the internal parts that are only keeping up with newer tech, and when i say keeping up with newer tech i mean slowly falling behind

CPUi7 4790k (4.0 Ghz)| MotherboardMSI Z97 Gaming-5 ATX LGA1150| RAM: 16 Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro(DDR3-1600, Red 4x4Gb)GPUEVGA GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0| CaseFractal Design Define R5 (Black with Window)| StorageWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB and Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD| PSUCorsair HX750i 80+ Platinum| Display(s) Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" CoolingCorsair H100i GTX| Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB| MouseRazer Deathadder Chroma|

Yes it does

My bad, didn't notice it.

i'm a potato

Just watch when Apple merges their Macbooks with iPads. Wooo! Move overpriced junk!

I feel like this is going to happen at some point... And I hate it, because it's dumb

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

prime example for a hater.

*Prime example of someone needing to dig through a spec sheet to find mention of an audio jack.

i'm a potato

I feel like this is going to happen at some point... And I hate it, because it's dumb

Either use a fucking tablet or use a fucking laptop. No need to merge the two, it's just Apple's way of making more money but you can't blame them, who wouldn't want to make more but spend less on production. Gotta keep em corporate profits high.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Apple right now is basically driving their market into the ground. All their products are just getting more expensive and smaller. The only differences are things like the internal parts that are only keeping up with newer tech, and when i say keeping up with newer tech i mean slowly falling behind

how are they falling behind? the touchpad is innovative, the keyboard is innovative, the whole hardware design is new.

keeping up? bullshit. They are basically the reason for what is now now as ultrabook.

The first Macbook Air also had its flaws ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Just watch when Apple merges their Macbooks with iPads. Wooo! Move overpriced junk!

well all the pc makers have already done that, so it's bound to happen with apple

how are they falling behind? the touchpad is innovative, the keyboard is innovative, the whole hardware design is new.

keeping up? bullshit. They are basically the reason for what is now now as ultrabook.

Don't compare this to the MacBook Air, this costs more than a MacBook Air but it has less battery life and worst specs except the screen.

i'm a potato

Don't compare this to the MacBook Air, this costs more than a MacBook Air but it has less battery life and worst specs except the screen.

I said, the first MacBook Air.

It is also quite a bit lighter and thinner and has a superb screen compared with the Air ...

I said, the first MacBook Air.

It is also quite a bit lighter and thinner and has a superb screen compared with the Air ...

The difference her is when they launched the Air no one had such battery life, not the case nowadays. And it's less than half a kilo lighter, a moderate improvement that also takes away 3 hours of battery life.

i'm a potato

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple tries falling back to the 4 quadrant model. MacBook - MacBook Pro ; iMac - Mac Pro

How is the touchpad innovative. The Surface Touch Cover and Surface Pro 2 Type Cover has this already.

How is the hardware design new? It is the same design as previous MacBook's

Ultrabook were defined and prototype made by Intel before Apple made it. Intel made an agreement with Apple to make it.

How is the touchpad innovative. The Surface Touch Cover and Surface Pro 2 Type Cover has this already.

nope

How is the hardware design new? It is the same design as previous MacBook's

the overall design is similar, there however are plenty new things in the hardware design.

Ultrabook were defined and prototype made by Intel before Apple made it. Intel made an agreement with Apple to make it.

yeah sure ...

That really doesn't change the fact that Apple were the first to make it commercially available.

That really doesn't change the fact that Apple were the first to make it commercially available.

It doesn't change the fact that it wasn't Apple's idea.

It doesn't change the fact that it wasn't Apple's idea.

Is this the whole "Apple never had an original idea" argument again? The idea doesn't matter if you can't sell it.

Is this the whole "Apple never had an original idea" argument again? The idea doesn't matter if you can't sell it.

Credit is given where credit is due. Intel showed it at CES. When it the MacBook Air was released, Intel said that it was their work. Ultrabook is a trademark owned by Intel, and can be used if the device follows Intel specsifications.

Credit is given where credit is due. Intel showed it at CES. When it the MacBook Air was released, Intel said that it was their work. Ultrabook is a trademark owned by Intel, and can be used if the device follows Intel specsifications.

I don't recall that, but even if that's the case that left design and marketing to Apple. Also are you sure you don't have your timeline (and tradeshows) messed up? The Ultrabook branding wasn't announced until 2011 at Computex. The MacBook Air was released to market in early 2008.

I don't recall that, but even if that's the case that left design and marketing to Apple.

That is not what was being discussed. MrSuperb said that Apple invented the concept of ultrabooks.

Intel worked with Apple on the ultrabook concept. The specification and trademark and certification name were announced in 2011 at at Computex (sorry I said CES) with the presentation of other manufacture system.

So much apple hate! Apple isn't going after us, they are going after the basic user looking to surf the net. It is a super portable device that will sell to people who still prefer to use a laptop and travel a lot. Not to mention it is a beautiful design. Look at how many laptops including high end have followed Apples lead. They added some great features and really didn't remove to many features the basic user would want. One thing I think they could have done better was included a usb hub on a power adapter. The lack of USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports without an adapter is the only feature your basic user would miss. I am curious to see how the processor handles all day use with multiple windows open with only being 1.2 ghz. With no fan I can't imagine the processor can stay constantly in turbo. If everything is smooth that is really a testament to how well OSX runs.

That is not what was being discussed. MrSuperb said that Apple invented the concept of ultrabooks.

Intel worked with Apple on the ultrabook concept. The specification and trademark and certification name were announced in 2011 at at Computex (sorry I said CES) with the presentation of other manufacture.

Guess we talked a bit past each other then. My bad. :)

So much apple hate! Apple isn't going after us, they are going after the basic user looking to surf the net. It is a super portable device that will sell to people who still prefer to use a laptop and travel a lot. Not to mention it is a beautiful design. Look at how many laptops including high end have followed Apples lead. They added some great features and really didn't remove to many features the basic user would want. One thing I think they could have done better was included a usb hub on a power adapter. The lack of USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports without an adapter is the only feature your basic user would miss. I am curious to see how the processor handles all day use with multiple windows open with only being 1.2 ghz. With no fan I can't imagine the processor can stay constantly in turbo. If everything is smooth that is really a testament to how well OSX runs.

That easy to do, it won't turbo boost all the way, only as much as it needs. I am planning to buying an ultrabook soon for school, this is definitely a contender for me.