Why do people hate 4-WAY SLI so much i mean i have a 4-WAY GTX 980 SLI and i not mad at all, infact im happy with the performance. so why do people say oh no 4-WAY SLI its so bad?

The performance increase from 3-way to 4-way is so little it's just not worth it.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

The performance increase from 3-way to 4-way is so little it's just not worth it.

From 2->3 its already not worth it imo

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

@insayan beat me to the punch, I was going to say the same thing  :P

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Because of scaling issues. In most titles there isn't a difference in performance between three or four GPUs.

Because of scaling issues. In most titles there isn't a difference in performance between three or four GPUs.

Even if it did you'd probably run out of vram (it doesn't stack, so you only have 4GB total with 980s)way before you could use all the performance available.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

Why do people hate 4-WAY SLI so much i mean i have a 4-WAY GTX 980 SLI and i not mad at all, infact im happy with the performance. so why do people say oh no 4-WAY SLI its so bad?

It really depends how you use it. For 2 cards, you might get 80% extra performance, for 180% extra. A third card might add 50% extra, for 230%. The forth card is where it really drops off, with at most 30% extra performance. That's only about 250%-260% extra performance. So a game that originally ran at 20 FPS would be 36 FPS with 2 cards, 46 FPS with 3 cards, and 52 FPS with 4 cards. 

All that with the added heat, power supply needed, motherboard needed, case with adequate airflow needed, and more points of failure. As well as the games that don't support it well. DX12 MIGHT fix the problem a little, but it's currently not worth it in many cases.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

The performance increase from 3 to 4 way is generally betweer 15 to 20%, and that's not worth the extra GPU. Actually, you just can't justify the price of a 4-way-SLI setup. (Unless you say... Because I can!)

pics or this is all silliness. 

also what res you playing at? Four GPUs you must be at least 4K right?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

because buying that 4th card you literally throw away $500

Pics or you don't have them.

hahahah, here have an upvote :)

ON: damn 4 980's? :o 

but why you need them?

It's not so much of a case of it being bad, it's more of a case of it being absolutely senseless. 

People who go 4 way SLI with 980's are truthfully either retarded or seeking attention(bragging rights) in some way. 

Whether this guy is legit or not I'm not too sure. 21 year old in Egypt, maybe he's a prince! 

Some people just don't have infinite money ^_^

true :D

Even if it did you'd probably run out of vram (it doesn't stack, so you only have 4GB total with 980s)way before you could use all the performance available.

well i didnt face that issue before but im already willing to get the new titan x also in a 4 way sli :D

well i didnt face that issue before but im already willing to get the new titan x also in a 4 way sli :D

While not get them with a gold plated shroud while you're at it, 1000% improvement of performance guaranteed.

Storage Asustor AS7004T

Here, have this bag of attention.

well thanks but i dont need it

Pics or you don't have them.

i have nth to prove to u man

pics or this is all silliness.

also what res you playing at? Four GPUs you must be at least 4K right?

well i agree with u on the pics part

for now im gaming on a benq xl2720z 144hz 27" 1080p monitor using hdmi but im just wating to travel in the summer to the usa so i can get a 1440p or a 4k monitor coz we dont have them here they can be found only in tv not a monitor :(

hahahah, here have an upvote :)

ON: damn 4 980's? :o

but why you need them?

well thanks for the upvote

so i can enjoy any game i want at any res :D

It's not so much of a case of it being bad, it's more of a case of it being absolutely senseless.

People who go 4 way SLI with 980's are truthfully either retarded or seeking attention(bragging rights) in some way.

Whether this guy is legit or not I'm not too sure. 21 year old in Egypt, maybe he's a prince!

well im not a prince you can count on that and you guys make it sound like owning a 4 way sli is much more harder and much more expensive than owning your own island for example

Most games with 3-4 way SLI you can end up losing performance in some cases or the 3rd and 4th card won't even be used.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

because currently, not a whole bunch of titles really take advantage of more than one gpu, for rendering and super heavy workloads like that, then more is better.

for games, its really pointless and thats why we dont really care for it but apparently this year game devs are making multi gpu setups worth the money (meaning games will actually benefit)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i have nth to prove to u man

Yeah, and I have a 40U rack filled with 20 2U servers at 10,000$ each. Right next to my gaming rigs (yes, plural) with each having a i7 5960x and 4 Titan X Samples. BTW there's 5 of them.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Yeah, and I have a 40U rack filled with 20 2U servers at 10,000$ each. Right next to my gaming rigs (yes, plural) with each having a i7 5960x and 4 Titan X Samples. BTW there's 5 of them.

hahahahaha good for you should i give you a medal for that

post-190719-0-42222300-1425930705.jpg

Don't mind them, most people get jealous that they cannot afford a decent computer. If you are willing to buy a balls out computer, go ahead. Make sure to install a custom loop quad radiator liquid cooler while your at it, temps will be nice and toasty without it.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Don't mind them, most people get jealous that they cannot afford a decent computer. If you are willing to buy a balls out computer, go ahead. Make sure to install a custom loop quad radiator liquid cooler while your at it, temps will be nice and toasty without it.

thanks for the support man appreciate it :D your a class act :)

but we dont have custom liquid cooling parts here but i made sure its getting nice cold air coz its next to my air conditioning and there's a big fan next to it pushing cold air to it and inside there is 2 120mm fans above the 4 gtx 980s and 2 other 120mm in front of them all 4 pushing air to them :D i never actually saw it reach the 70 degrees celsius but thats maybe coz im using 1080p and my gtx 980s are evga superclocked with acx 2.0 so they get very good cooling and i never overclock them :D

thanks for the support man appreciate it :D your a class act :)

but we dont have custom liquid cooling parts here but i made sure its getting nice cold air coz its next to my air conditioning and there's a big fan next to it pushing cold air to it and inside there is 2 120mm fans above the 4 gtx 980s and 2 other 120mm in front of them all 4 pushing air to them :D i never actually saw it reach the 70 degrees celsius but thats maybe coz im using 1080p and my gtx 980s are evga superclocked with acx 2.0 so they get very good cooling and i never overclock them :D

For better temps, try to get a negative pressure setup (2 fans blowing in, 3 fans pushing out).

The Grey Squirrel