BF: Hardline to be 720p and 900p on consoles

minibois

lol get rekt @ console gamers

and thus, the pc master race lives on

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

*sigh*, to think I have a desktop from 2001 which is able to play games from its generation (halo 1 etc) at 1080p, medium settings. And yet 'next gen' consoles can't even play last gen games at 1080p. Pentium3sFTW.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Sucks....wonder how the new shield would run this if they ported it.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

i feel really bad for the console makers... they will be fucked over once 4k becomes the standard, and they will have to make 1500$ "4k edition consoles" that no one will buy. all these ill-informed people buying these consoles don't understand that more resolution = more computing power 

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

The clock speed for the PS4 iGPU is 800 MHz compared to the 900 MHz of the R7 265. Meanwhile the PS4 also packs two extra compute units. So its performance should be a hair better than the R7 265. As for the CPU side of things the consoles have plenty enough CPU power to peak out their iGPU performance. Jaguar cores are about half as strong as their desktop counterparts. Tho they retain the CMP topology. So the CPU in the PS4 has more performance behind it than the 7850k when leveraged properly. Which can push a R7 265 to its performance wall in these games on the desktop.

Only problem with that is that the PS4 and Xbox One have very weak CPUs. Jaguar was meant for tablets and other low-power devices, not gaming.

i feel really bad for the console makers... they will be fucked over once 4k becomes the standard, and they will have to make 1500$ "4k edition consoles" that no one will buy. all these ill-informed people buying these consoles don't understand that more resolution = more computing power 

4K being standard? 

We can barely handling terrestrial 1080p broadcasts (its either 720p or 1080i right now), 4K streaming breaks everything, Blurays haven't even rolled out 4K. 

It;l be years before 4K is a consumer thing like 1080p is now 

4K being standard? 

We can barely handling terrestrial 1080p broadcasts (its either 720p or 1080i right now), 4K streaming breaks everything, Blurays haven't even rolled out 4K. 

It;l be years before 4K is a consumer thing like 1080p is now 

Consoles still won't have caught up to 1080p by then.

PMSL

im happy that they decided to sacrifice the resolution for higher fps because that will make it a more enjoyable playing experience unlike most games going for 30 fps just to get a little more eye candy and having stutter issues

im happy that they decided to sacrifice the resolution for higher fps because that will make it a more enjoyable playing experience unlike most games going for 30 fps just to get a little more eye candy and having stutter issues

TBH I can agree with that, as after playing Halo 1& 2 on my computer, then going back to the xbox, 60FPS makes a massive difference in how smooth the game feels.

PMSL

Only problem with that is that the PS4 and Xbox One have very weak CPUs. Jaguar was meant for tablets and other low-power devices, not gaming.

This...

The new consoles are pretty running two kabini CPUs which bottle neck the fuck out the GPUs...

The Xbox One and PS4 both have a 260x and 270 respectively but that CPU fucks everything over. They should of put an 760k/860k in the consoles. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

This...

The new consoles are pretty running two kabini CPUs which bottle neck the fuck out the GPUs...

The Xbox One and PS4 both have a 260x and 270 respectively but that CPU fucks everything over. They should of put an 760k/860k in the consoles. 

The problem is heat-the Xbone already has loads of space taken up by the heatsink.

PMSL

Read through this and I'm honestly confused at the people here, most of you are exclusively on PC and probably don't have any intention of owning a console. So why come here and bash on the consoles when the only people who are going to see it are ones who have a similar opinion or ones who don't care. Sure it's not surprising that they have to decide between resolution or framerate but what's the point of going on and on about it here when we've all known about that for ages? Do you feel it's necessary to reinforce the idea of the superiority of the PC to yourself by attacking the consoles on a PC oriented forum? Seems to me that you would only need to do that if you felt that in some way the consoles were better.

I believe that the PC is superior but I don't feel the need to reinforce the idea in some giant circle jerk.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

It looks worse than BF4 and it plays at such a low resolution...

I assume it's the slow ass CPU.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The problem is heat-the Xbone already has loads of space taken up by the heatsink.

Read through this and I'm honestly confused at the people here, most of you are exclusively on PC and probably don't have any intention of owning a console. So why come here and bash on the consoles when the only people who are going to see it are ones who have a similar opinion or ones who don't care. Sure it's not surprising that they have to decide between resolution or framerate but what's the point of going on and on about it here when we've all known about that for ages? Do you feel it's necessary to reinforce the idea of the superiority of the PC to yourself by attacking the consoles on a PC oriented forum? Seems to me that you would only need to do that if you felt that in some way the consoles were better.

I believe that the PC is superior but I don't feel the need to reinforce the idea in some giant circle jerk.

Consoles have been the result of many shit PC ports and other crimes against gaming.

Also they keep the gaming industry from moving forward and innovation from happening, we are all hoping for the day they become obsolete. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Consoles have been the result of many shit PC ports and other crimes against gaming.

Also they keep the gaming industry from moving forward and innovation from happening, we are all hoping for the day they become obsolete. 

A biased opinion though not without some truth due to developments over the last few years. That being said it's tiresome to see the constant misdirected complaints. Everyone here knows about the issues, you want something to come of your complaining? Go the the forums for the devs of the games that are shit, tell them the issues you have with what they're doing. They don't come here to look for complaints so constantly whining about poor ports and awful behavior here is doing nothing.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

The way I see consoles:

PS2-more powerful than most home computers when released

Xbox Original-more powerful than most home computers when released

PS3-powerful enough for several to be linked together into a super computer

Xbox 360-about the equivalent of common gaming rigs when released

PS4-weak and heavily underpowered compared to even old computers

Xbox One-weak and heavily underpowered compared to even old computers

PMSL

A biased opinion though not without some truth due to developments over the last few years. That being said it's tiresome to see the constant misdirected complaints. Everyone here knows about the issues, you want something to come of your complaining? Go the the forums for the devs of the games that are shit, tell them the issues you have with what they're doing. They don't come here to look for complaints so constantly whining about poor ports and awful behavior here is doing nothing.

Dude, complaining with people is awesome. It doesn't matter if it does anything, as long as every lets out a little and has their good laugh when it all done, its all good. 

Just an FYI, 1080p is closer to 225% more pixels compared to 720p:

It's a big difference, in terms of processing horse power, that people take for granted on PC Gaming with your average mid-to-high end GPU's.

Yeah, you're right, math error on my part.  But it reinforces my earlier point: the hardware simply isn't there, and firmware/software isn't going to make it get there either, so the community at large can stop being surprised at this kind of news.  It is what it is.

The console makers are at a point where to pack the hardware that really punches into their systems they need to start charging more.  I personally don't see this as a huge problem because how many millions of people pay out the ass for premium smartphones that cost x2 to x4 more than the current consoles.  But they don't, perhaps because they are afraid of alienating customers, perhaps because of the competition (Sony puts out a $900 console that DOES have good hardware but Microsoft keeps shelling out $300 pieces of hot plastic, who sells more?), perhaps because as others have said in the thread: console players/average people don't give a shit.

I do think the latter has some merit.  I work with some console players and they just game, they haven't a clue what's possible.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

This...

Not gonna happen for many reasons

1. Cost

2. Energy usage

3. Heat output cause people put these in there crammed entertainment center

4. Cost

seems like my HD 6850 is worse than your iGPU, how much is your vRAM?

i7-4790k, 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz. Should mention 60fps is not in all games at 1080p, I do get 60fps at 720p in everything except Crysis 3.

16player TDM in Battlefield 3 gets 60 at 1080p and most all game modes in BC2.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

What would be better, Resolution or game details?

It's 2015.

Both.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan