BF: Hardline to be 720p and 900p on consoles

minibois

It runs 1080p @ high settings above 30 FPS on a desktop rocking a R7 265. The PS4 iGPU is a bit stronger than that and is backed by a low level API. So the fact that these resolutions are low is the fact that developers are shit at migrating games from one platform to another.

Disagree. The clock speeds on the ps4 gpu are quite low. It's also literally impossible to buy CPUs as bad as the ones in the consoles, so no matter what you pair with the 265, it will perform better than s ps4.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

A poorly optimised game, who cares?

How is it poorly optimized? Oh, I forgot you're a console shill.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

The only people upset at anything are PCMustardRace members because they can't ketchup to the fun that console players seem to have.

Specifically, the fanboys. God, the fanboys.

Halo 3 might go down as one of the best games of all time, especially to me, yet it ran at a hilarious 640p resolution.

The only people who seem to be surprised at the fact that the consoles have weak hardware are those that wouldn't buy a console no matter what, and you wonder why these companies just don't give a shit about those people to begin with.

You should visit ign comments a few times.

I thought it was interesting news to share.

Maybe the first time it was posted,but now it's just old, these threads get filled with literally the same comments.

What does a 4k 60 FPS machine cost? $200 for an i5, $70 for a board, $70 for RAM, $550 for dual R9 290s, $50 for a cheap 1TB hard drive, $100 for a nice case with good airflow, $100 for a high quality power supply, $90 for Windows, so you're talking more than $1200.

People buy Windows?

Also there are plenty sites selling Win8 keys for 20$, so you get 8.1 with it and later Win10.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Nope resolution and FPS is a widely debated thing this console generation. Just look at the comments section on some gaming sites. Places like IGN would post articles like this on a reg basis and people in the comments section would be ripping each other apart over the gameplay experience of multiplat games

How many people are there debating? A few hundred? Maybe a few thousand if you combine all the various publications? And how many people own next gen consoles? Tens of millions do, so far. So a few thousand people arguing online out of tens of millions isn't what I would call widely debated. There's probably more this gen than last, but its still a very very small amount of console gamers arguing over it.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Yes, btter graphics is always.... well better. But when I sit on my couch to play some games, I am really not looking for the same thing as I am for my PC. When I go sit down at my PC I expect low temps, and high framerates. When I sit down at my PS4 I don't expect 1080p, 60FPS. Maybe I should..... But I don't.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

How many people are there debating? A few hundred? Maybe a few thousand if you combine all the various publications? And how many people own next gen consoles? Tens of millions do, so far. So a few thousand people arguing online out of tens of millions isn't what I would call widely debated. There's probably more this gen than last, but its still a very very small amount of console gamers arguing over it.

What I'm saying is it's actually a pretty big thing now. I hear people that have no technical knowledge arguing about these things irl

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I think they do care to some extent. X1 is doing better than ps4 in exclusives so far, and yet the ps4 has sold 20 mil. The one thing it has over the x1 right now is that it runs 3rd party games better.

I'll tell you someone who doesn't care.

People buying a copy for consoles. As a old console player, no one cared what resolution or FPS the game ran at. The only people upset about this are the PC "Master Race" guys

I agree...

As i've already mentioned somewhere... let me find it.. here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/318031-survey-ps4-owners-want-better-resolution-xb1-owners-just-prefer-xbox/page-3#entry4327679

But they should not compare consoles to PCs is terms of performace. I see consoles only for having fun with friends (coach gaming) but not really for playing some "serious" games that require more "horse power".

And games are overpriced as they are milking console players even more than PC players.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Absolutely no surprise here with performance compared to BF4. Hardline is BF4 with new skin on it.

Console players don't even know what resolution is/means. So for them its no big deal. For PC guys owning an Xbone I would be pissed :D, PS4 is fine :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Pfft cmon now guys! Resolution is only a number anyways. 

>_>

<_<

/s

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Why is this news?!?!?!

YodRUbs.png

It is newly acquired information about a game that will be released soon.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It runs 1080p @ high settings above 30 FPS on a desktop rocking a R7 265. The PS4 iGPU is a bit stronger than that and is backed by a low level API. So the fact that these resolutions are low is the fact that developers are shit at migrating games from one platform to another.

Well if you think about it the bar is rather low for console gamers: it took PC gamers to point out resolutions and framerates otherwise they'd be (and mostly are) the happy little monkeys eating whatever bananas MS and Sony throw at them

-------

Current Rig

-------

Somehow, I never get tired of saying this to the console fanboys.

nelson-muntz-haw-haw.png

That being said, I don't plan on purchasing it until that price drops.

Absolutely no surprise here with performance compared to BF4. Hardline is BF4 with new skin on it.

Console players don't even know what resolution is/means. So for them its no big deal. For PC guys owning an Xbone I would be pissed  :D, PS4 is fine  :)

Agreed, although if you try and point out the difference in graphical settings, say by showing them a picture of a game on console, and the same game on PC, some of them will say "well that's just a higher resolution on a really expensive PC and monitor"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is hard(line)ly news anymore.  The consoles have the hardware that they have, they can't really eek out 1080p resolution and playable frames with few exceptions.

Of course it would be the same as BF4.  Same engine, modified a little at most.

There's no magic programming wand that makes games easier to run as time goes on.  Even if there are some algorithm breakthroughs, 1080p is like 125% more pixels than 720p, nothing will make that much of a difference.

It's then a compromise the devs have to make: 720p/60fps or 1080p/30fps.  Which would you choose?  No magic third option of "don't do it at all," one or the other.

Just an FYI, 1080p is closer to 225% more pixels compared to 720p:

1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600

1280 x 720 = 921,600

1080p is more than double the amount of pixels over 720. 2.25 times as many, in fact.

It's a big difference, in terms of processing horse power, that people take for granted on PC Gaming with your average mid-to-high end GPU's.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

that's worse than my pc.

I get 60fps 1080p on Integrated graphics. Although the setting are low, still.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Just an FYI, 1080p is closer to 225% more pixels compared to 720p:

1920 x 1080 = 2,073,600

1280 x 720 = 921,600

1080p is more than double the amount of pixels over 720. 2.25 times as many, in fact.

It's a big difference, in terms of processing horse power, that people take for granted on PC Gaming with your average mid-to-high end GPU's.

Tell that to the console fanboys who claim you can't tell the difference, and anyone who does is lying lol

Tell that to the console fanboys who claim you can't tell the difference, and anyone who does is lying lol

Whether or not you can tell the difference depends on the Pixels-Per-Inch (PPI) and the viewing distance. That is all. And most console gamers are sitting around 8-12' away on a couch. At that distance it is in fact quite difficult to tell the difference.

Most PC gamers are sitting around 12 inches away from their screens so resolution differences is extremely easy to notice.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Whether or not you can tell the difference depends on the Pixels-Per-Inch (PPI) and the viewing distance. That is all. And most console gamers are sitting around 8-12' away on a couch. At that distance it is in fact quite difficult to tell the difference.

Most PC gamers are sitting around 12 inches away from their screens so resolution differences is extremely easy to notice.

Very true. I pointed out to a console friend, that the option for triple monitor surround may exist (not sure if it does currently, but I supposed one of the higher priced boxes could do it, be kinda stupid for them to not offer that at a certain price point) and his response?

"I'll just get a bigger screen"

I had to explain to him that it doesn't just make the image bigger, it adds more to the image, as in peripheral vision. Whereas on console you just get a larger, image, but still the exact same image.

My point is, 90% of the time, console gamers don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Very true. I pointed out to a console friend, that the option for triple monitor surround may exist (not sure if it does currently, but I supposed one of the higher priced boxes could do it, be kinda stupid for them to not offer that at a certain price point) and his response?

It would be cool for Consoles to be able to use Ultrawide's and such...triple monitors in time as well...

They'd love that shizzle.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Where are you getting a legit Windows key for $20?

https://www.g2a.com/microsoft-windows-8-professinal-upgrade-cd-key-global.html

https://www.g2a.com/microsoft-windows-8-standard-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

I know there's other places that sell it, i've seen it for even cheaper than that.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

It would be cool for Consoles to be able to use Ultrawide's and such...triple monitors in time as well...

They'd love that shizzle.

Good luck with trying to explain it to them, you'd get the same reply I did. "I'll just get a bigger monitor/tv"