You kids have it so easy these days in building a computer....

Arct1c0n

WTF bogan, don't quote my entire post

Yeah....firefox runs bad enough on this rig, but as soon as the wall of photos popped up again, goodbye fast scrolling.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You kids these days have it so damn easy in building computers. It's utterly amazing how much has changed when 14 years ago at this time, I was spending hours and hours between my college IT classes figuring out why the hell Intel was getting its ass kicked by this "AMD" company and why spending the money on this new "Geforce 3" was such a big deal compared to previous versions that ran Quake 2 just fine but Unreal squashed that.

Back when I wanted to build my first computer in late 2000/early 2001 as a  young lad of 20 *God I feel old now* I had to go through a rirtual only other old, get off my lawn farts can understand now  :P

'Eh, you had it easy. Back in my day you overclocked with jumpers and if you wanted an unlocked multiplier, get out the silver conductive paint.

'Eh, you had it easy. Back in my day you overclocked with jumpers and if you wanted an unlocked multiplier, get out the silver conductive paint.

Its a large but nice step from jumpers to jumper free config, it was a pain in the ass having to set everything manually on my Jetway 994AN-L. As for unlocked multipliers, f***ing Intel and their non modifiable CPUs.

PMSL

Screw that, pencil lead mod mofo!!

AMD_Athlon_Pencil_Trick.jpg

Yeah....how bout no?

Come on, they might not make the best motherboards, but I bet they are the only company still making socket 370 motherboards.

PMSL

Noice

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

No search engines in 2001? It may predate Google's ubiquity, but AltaVista was the shit back then!

Its a large but nice step from jumpers to jumper free config, it was a pain in the ass having to set everything manually on my Jetway 994AN-L. As for unlocked multipliers, f***ing Intel and their non modifiable CPUs.

I remember in 2001 spending way too much to get an Abit KR7A-RAID board because the only jumper it had was for clearing the CMOS. I couldn't believe being able to adjust my FSB 1MHz at a time from the BIOS. God I loved that board.

board.jpg

No search engines in 2001? It may predate Google, but AltaVista was the shit back then!

Sir. DogPile, was in fact the shit.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Sir. DogPile, was in fact the shit.

OH YOU WANNA MAKE SOMETHING OF THIS!? xD

Yahoo was decent too. And Ask Jeeves!

Yes and they all fed right into dogpile.  (they didnt really do search themself they just showed the top 10 or 20 results from up too 10 different search engines at their peak.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Only hipsters and Grandma's used Ask Jeeve's. Manly men used AOL Search

Only hipsters and Grandma's used Ask Jeeve's. Manly men used AOL Search

Sir! DO NOT sully this conversation with that name.

I remember in 2001 spending way too much to get an Abit KR7A-RAID board because the only jumper it had was for clearing the CMOS. I couldn't believe being able to adjust my FSB 1MHz at a time from the BIOS. God I loved that board.

board.jpg

That's very similar to the VP6, except for the different RAID controller, the layout and the additional CPU socket. I will also say this, they put newer ATX motherboards to shame, a lot of the ones I have seen don't reach all standoffs, so the motherboards snapping is a very real danger.

PMSL

I remember my dad using a ibm model m keyboard in the old days of pc building, a beast of keyboard, i currently have one those and man they build like tank and it will outlast my daily keyboard mx green ducky shine 3.

Yes and they all fed right into dogpile.  (they didnt really do search themself they just showed the top 10 or 20 results from up too 10 different search engines at their peak.

lol! I know. Which is no different to Bing... except that now there's only one search engine besides Bing lmao

I remember my dad using a ibm model m keyboard in the old days of pc building, a beast of keyboard, i currently have one those and man they build like tank and it will outlast my daily keyboard mx green ducky shine 3.

I sold mine, regretting it ever since :(

PMSL

Hold on guys, still trying to login.

20654ce6af55ea58e69e20b13e81f035.jpg

CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ stock --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 16Gb --- MOBO: GA-Z68AP--D3 --- GPU: Powercolor Radeon HD 6950 2Gb --- PSU: Corsair TX850 (HX750 on the way :D) --- Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT --- OS: Windows 7 --- Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster S23A300B

(sigh) --- Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 --- Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX Blues)

That's very similar to the VP6, except for the different RAID controller, the layout and the additional CPU socket. I will also say this, they put newer ATX motherboards to shame, a lot of the ones I have seen don't reach all standoffs, so the motherboards snapping is a very real danger.

Thats why you install components on motherboard on a flat surface before putting it on the tray.